Page 338 of 410 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338339340341342348388 ... LastLast
Results 5,056 to 5,070 of 6144

SuperWonder Cosplayers reenact Jack Herbert’s SMWW 12 image.

"She called me her Superman and I called her my Wonder Woman." They will always be my most favorite power couple.
    Superman @xmanofsteelx”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2Co2NCjS02/

Good morning, my dear friends! A happy and blessed Sunday for us all!

Happy Weekend #Funkonatics !!! If, like us, you are a fan of #FunkoPop, you cannot stop following this account. We are pioneers in the printing of caps and tshirts of your favorite funkos������ ft # ptyheroes������������ #PanamaFunkoLovers #SupermanFunko #WonderWomanFunko

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2HJAqXh..._web_copy_link

"Working on this #GoodwillPainting between paying gigs. Please enjoy.
    The final image is the “before” version. Will auction soon."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2EpFvzl..._web_copy_link

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    SM/WW has also already gained a presence outside comics (in pop-art for example). Denying its history because some stupid movie (and God knows what else) doesn't make any sense.

SMWW are already in the minds and hearts of fans ... denying this is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    More DCEU edits and memes!!! Love it!!

First edit looks like Kal and Diana on Themyscira or Olympus after a battle.

The second post....Kal’s design is fine but Diana’s alternate dimension design wasn’t cutting it much. But Gal and Henry look great!
    The caption....often considered, is more like “known as...” ��

Hehe...the third! Saw lots of Couple reactions on IG with that! ��
    When the fan really wants something and the company that owns the character stories and rights denies the fans go there and do it! It's up to the company to keep up with fans' wishes, if it still wants to keep them as fans, and make their children a reality. At least that's what reality-connected companies do ...
    Last edited by Deiasilva10; 09-08-2019 at 09:06 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    Now regarding SuperWonder being popular, I came across another budding SMWW story that I am already in awe of because of how well written it is.

Story: Early Egress
    Summary: Hippolyta is confronted with the consequences of her decisions and is forced to leave, small daughter in tow. Eventual Superman/Wonder Woman Follows New52-ish with Pre-New52 as well.

Though this story was last updated in 2016, I am pleased to learn that the writer plans on updating very soon. 😊

Another SMWW story: A Tartarus Tale
    Summary: What if Superman and Wonder Woman met in a different way? A near tragedy leads two heroes to meet for the first time and find a kindred soul within the other.
    Thanks for these. 🤗 I appreciate that lately you are selecting really short fanfics specifically for my lazy person, don't you? 🤣

"She called me her Superman and I called her my Wonder Woman." They will always be my most favorite power couple.
    Superman @xmanofsteelx”

Simply beautiful. 😎

It seems that they assume that their films will be automatically successful and that will reshape people's perception of these characters just because they reach a wider audience and comics should change BTS ahead (at least 1 or 2 years) accordly (not counting any eventual requests from WB to DC to not go too far from what they are doing).
    Can’t just assume anything. Cant just put all eggs in one basket on assumptions and have nothing to fall back on. In the case of SMWW, stripping it while it was nothing wrong (critical and financial wise) and nothing is nor became better.

Miller's JL: Mortal drew inspiration from the comics of the time (middle 00s) where SM/WW being besties was very prominent. It was the failure of SR and the success of Nolan's TDK that made WB "reconsidering" SM's role in the JL and the dynamics with the other members. A post-Miller/Pre-Snyder aborted JL script was already heavy Bat-centric with SM as the brainwashed bad-guy and everybody else as Batman's useless supporting cast.

You can view the disintegration of the SM/WW bond going hand to hand with the downfall of the SM character.
    That movie while may have not been perfect by any means but was still better narratively and conceptually. It made sense. It at least respected the dynamics as it should’ve been.

The failure of SR wasn’t on Superman the character. It’s always the misguided directions/choices made for the character that isn’t good. That’s on directors/writers etc... TDK, embraced not only Batman’s evolution but the world’s and time. Superman is stuck in trying to repackage outdated narratives. To get Superman back to where he should be there needs to be true evolution and overhaul change with times for Superman.

Bold: 🙃 the individual issues of the characters are effecting their bonds? Well we see that now even more so. Needs to change

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Good morning, my dear friends! A happy and blessed Sunday for us all!

Happy Weekend #Funkonatics !!! If, like us, you are a fan of #FunkoPop, you cannot stop following this account. We are pioneers in the printing of caps and tshirts of your favorite funkos������ ft # ptyheroes������������ #PanamaFunkoLovers #SupermanFunko #WonderWomanFunko

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2HJAqXh..._web_copy_link

🤗🤗🤗 fantastic!!! Lovely painting!

When the fan really wants something and the company that owns the character stories and rights denies the fans go there and do it! It's up to the company to keep up with fans' wishes, if it still wants to keep them as fans, and make their children a reality. At least that's what reality-connected companies do ...
    RIGHT! There are multiple examples of what can resonate. It was there in canon. Even when not, the interest has always been there and grown. DC wants new, more fans etc etc...the concepts are right there just need the green light (again) and push

Simply beautiful. 😎
    Can we please get these panels from SMWW 12 by Herbert as statues!

SM/WW murals:

"My wife and inspiration for everything! This painting and all my dreams would not exist without you! You help drive me and inspire to reach for more! For us and each other. I just wanted to say I love you! #menofsteelwomenofwonder"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1WoKZ2pA1J/

"His and hers."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1w39LSnVwO/

"#superhero #wanderlust #exploreyourworld"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1F4c8DBX2s/

Superman @xmanofsteelx”

How precious is this?? I like a lot.
    We need a live action SMWW moment like this, please and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post

SMWW are already in the minds and hearts of fans ... denying this is stupid.

This painting is gold.
    Doesn't Bruce know that 3 is a crowd? 😏

And couldn't agree more with the bolded part. SMWW sure are. We see it just about everyday, during special occasions, holidays, celebrations, etc. how much SMWW is used by fans all over. It is in the consciousness of people and no retcons or revisionist history can change that.

Thanks for these. 🤗 I appreciate that lately you are selecting really short fanfics specifically for my lazy person, don't you? 🤣
    You're most welcome. 😊
    LOL. Sure let's go with that. 🤓

I have even more to share, apparently a wiki page has been created for Clark and Diana..😭
    It could use some serious expanding though. In terms of notable SMWW Fanfic writers who have been writing since before SMWW fanfics really became a thing, it is missing writers like ImFanci, Hellacre13, Arcadia81, Djinn, to name a few. They were writing over a decade ago and should be listed on their for contributions.
    Last edited by LadyP; 09-09-2019 at 05:27 AM.

How precious is this?? I like a lot.
    We need a live action SMWW moment like this, please and thank you.
    Right! A Superman and Wonder Woman movie would be a game changer needed. We need a real challenge if the two. Show their different perspectives can meld together in a mature manner. A bond that goes deep. The audience is obviously there! The source material is there and adapt it properly and accurately please!

And couldn't agree more with the bolded part. SMWW sure are. We see it just about everyday, during special occasions, holidays, celebrations, etc. how much SMWW is used by fans all over. It is in the consciousness of people and no retcons or revisionist history can change that.
    Yes! We’ve seen so many proposal, engagement, wedding, anniversary and maternity themes. Superman and Wonder Woman connects with so many in very positive motivational, spiritual, inspirational ways. It says so much that they are part of these real life milestones and the connection these couples/families or just individuals have. It’s heartwarming to read their stories and every one is so unique but have the same connection of the kind of bond SMWW have. Referencing more and more the “falling in love with your best friend and being equal partners.”

Also, note the Superman and Wonder Woman IG continues to be the biggest following “ship only” account.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 09-09-2019 at 05:43 AM.

“Superhero Couple's Anniversary! Thank you Elisangela for your confidence in photographing this moment.”

https://www.instagram.com/barbaramesquitafoto/

Can’t just assume anything. Cant just put all eggs in one basket on assumptions and have nothing to fall back on. In the case of SMWW, stripping it while it was nothing wrong (critical and financial wise) and nothing is nor became better.
    Oh, well, they are going to reboot anyway to jump to the next "synergy" or whatever if things don't work as they hoped. 😅

That movie while may have not been perfect by any means but was still better narratively and conceptually. It made sense. It at least respected the dynamics as it should’ve been.

The failure of SR wasn’t on Superman the character. It’s always the misguided directions/choices made for the character that isn’t good. That’s on directors/writers etc... TDK, embraced not only Batman’s evolution but the world’s and time. Superman is stuck in trying to repackage outdated narratives. To get Superman back to where he should be there needs to be true evolution and overhaul change with times for Superman.
    I'm sure that people at WB are aware of that, but they are clueless of what to do about it. One of the reasons why a Supergirl movie has priority over Superman's is for the novelty factor and the character not being tied to old tropes like Supes.

Bold: 🙃 the individual issues of the characters are effecting their bonds? Well we see that now even more so. Needs to change
    Yeah, you have SM being sidelined because he's considered boring, uncool and outdated, while WW is viewed as an inconsistent character that can be easily twisted because she isn't really well known. Not surprisingly, all of the DCEU talk about her character and history were BS that Patty Jenkins had to indirectly debunk during the promotion of her WW movie. 🙄 Just one thing has yet to be debunked: that WW was never close to SM.

Can we please get these panels from SMWW 12 by Herbert as statues!
    DC Collectibles:

🤣
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-09-2019 at 11:43 AM.

Oh, well, they are going to reboot anyway to jump to the next "synergy" or whatever if things don't work as they hoped. 😅
    I’m really not understanding this logic at all. The point is to stop jumping too far ahead or they’ll end up in the same state yet again or worse they are in now. Problem is, they screwed a concept that was actually working and moving for something that thought was better and rush to move faster. Not much of that worked out.

I'm sure that people at WB are aware of that, but they are clueless of what to do about it. One of the reasons why a Supergirl movie has priority over Superman's is for the novelty factor and the character not being tied to old tropes like Supes.
    Superman shouldn’t be saddled with old tropes. If other characters can move on, his character should be the main one. So many opportunities, story potential ignored for outdated baggage that does not help the character. All of this greatest and first is just superficial talk but nothing to back it up. 🤨 And so is “Man of Yesterday” instead of “Man of Tomorrow” really going to be a thing? What a shame.

Yeah, you have SM being sidelined because he's considered boring, uncool and outdated, while WW is viewed as an inconsistent character that can be easily twisted because she isn't really well known. Not surprisingly, all of the DCEU talk about her character and history were BS that Patty Jenkins had to indirectly debunk during the promotion of her WW movie. 🙄 Just one thing has yet to be debunked: that WW was never close to SM.
    He is considered all that, when what makes him appealing is stripped away. As I said, it’s about evolution and changing with the times. New52 gave that open door to change to modern times with a younger Superman with an edge. It is what it is.

Both Superman and Wonder Woman has to be downplayed constantly to be twisted into a narrative preference. It’s not helping neither character.

DC Collectibles:

🤣
    SMH... that shouldn’t be funny but it is. And sad too cuz it’s true for no reason at all...Especially with how well both the regular size and the mini size “Kiss” statue was received. Even (plugged)!advertised on the “Big Bang Theory” as a great Wedding Gift option.

This painting is gold.
    Doesn't Bruce know that 3 is a crowd? 😏
    He's waiting Selina. 😉

You're most welcome. 😊
    LOL. Sure let's go with that. 🤓
    Keep sharing short fanfics. 😜😅

Right! A Superman and Wonder Woman movie would be a game changer needed. We need a real challenge if the two. Show their different perspectives can meld together in a mature manner. A bond that goes deep. The audience is obviously there! The source material is there and adapt it properly and accurately please!
    A SM/WW movie would be a really huge thing. But they need to fix the SM franchise first.

Also, note the Superman and Wonder Woman IG continues to be the biggest following “ship only” account.
    More than twice of followers of the main BatCat account. Not bad. 😎 It'll get 1 million of followers if SM/WW will ever interact in a movie. 😅

A SM/WW movie would be a really huge thing. But they need to fix the SM franchise first.
    Funny how supposedly SM and WW being apart was to “fix” their individual franchises but it’s constantly shown that their relationship be it platonic or romantic is one of the most vital aspects that helps both franchises. Superman needs a push and Wonder Woman does just that. And what I mean by that is that Superman’s otherworldly, outsider aspect is more emphasized on and challenged to balance with “blending” in the mortal world. He has to face the lies and pretending but not get swallowed within it like he has.

More than twice of followers of the main BatCat account. Not bad. 😎 It'll get 1 million of followers if SM/WW will ever interact in a movie. 😅
    Exactly! SMWW isn’t a traditional pair, didn’t have the luxury of live action exposure, animation and comics have been halted yet, still gain interest more than what you would expect. That says so much of the impact the pair has. Obviously it was known within the new52 and even before that with the building of the duo. That doesn’t just disappear and can’t/shouldn’t be ignored any longer.

I’m really not understanding this logic at all. The point is to stop jumping too far ahead or they’ll end up in the same state yet again or worse they are in now. Problem is, they screwed a concept that was actually working and moving for something that thought was better and rush to move faster. Not much of that worked out.
    Yeah, they were already planning of shaking up things again after less than a year and half. Regretting fast, eh? 😜

Superman shouldn’t be saddled with old tropes. If other characters can move on, his character should be the main one. So many opportunities, story potential ignored for outdated baggage that does not help the character. All of this greatest and first is just superficial talk but nothing to back it up. 🤨 And so is “Man of Yesterday” instead of “Man of Tomorrow” really going to be a thing? What a shame.
    I heard that WB is starting looking for directors for a potential new SM movie. After so many failed attempt to relaunch the character, that one will be his last chance before being put on the shelf indefinitely. Please, be a good choice this time. 😬

He is considered all that, when what makes him appealing is stripped away. As I said, it’s about evolution and changing with the times. New52 gave that open door to change to modern times with a younger Superman with an edge. It is what it is.

Both Superman and Wonder Woman has to be downplayed constantly to be twisted into a narrative preference. It’s not helping neither character.
    They can be most powerful people in their fictional world but they look to me as the underdogs for the way they are treated.

SMH... that shouldn’t be funny but it is. And sad too cuz it’s true for no reason at all...Especially with how well both the regular size and the mini size “Kiss” statue was received. Even (plugged)!advertised on the “Big Bang Theory” as a great Wedding Gift option.
    It feels like a lost cause. As long as they can produce as much as Joker/Batman/Harley statues as they can, they'll not care.