Page 345 of 396 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346347348349355395 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,175 of 5927
  1. #5161
    Extraordinary Member LoveStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,429

    Default

    Superman and Wonder Woman Couple Cosplay

    “Coming to your rescue like...”






    https://www.instagram.com/p/B2INVDqh...=1mcfxaszyjo5m

  2. #5162
    Extraordinary Member hellacre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Oh, well... it turned out we shouldn't wait for NYCC or 2020 for this...

    Frank Miller previews his next epic Batman comic, The Dark Knight Returns: The Golden Child

    The Dark Knight isn’t done yet. Three years after The Dark Knight III: The Master Race continued Frank Miller’s epic Batman saga that began in 1986 with The Dark Knight Returns, EW can exclusively announce that another installment is on the way. This December comes a new one-shot comic titled The Dark Knight Returns: The Golden Child, written by Miller and illustrated by artist Rafael Grampá.

    The “golden child” in question is young Jonathan Kent, the son of Superman and Wonder Woman. His older sister, Lara, was a major player in The Master Race, where readers saw she had inherited her mother’s Amazonian discipline as well as her father’s Kryptonian superpowers and signature S-shield costume. Jonathan was only a baby then, though he was important enough to be the focal point of a battle between the Amazons and the Kryptonians from Kandor. The Golden Child takes place three years after the conclusion of The Master Race, and though Jonathan is still a child, he’s now grown into a powerful presence, as you can see in Grampá’s exclusive preview art below.

    “The possibilities for what he could be just started coming to mind like crazy. I thought the contrast between him and Lara could be really exciting,” Miller tells EW. “Lara has so much power and passion, so for the little boy to embody all of the wisdom and intelligence of the Kryptonian race would be an exciting new dimension. He really sort of developed as a little floating Buddha, someone who when he wasn’t even a toddler yet was speaking in full sentences and had an understanding of events that surpassed anybody else’s. He’s the most magical member of the family.”




    "The Dark Knight Returns started as a Batman story, but as it has gone on, Superman and his family have come to play a bigger role. There are surely still countless comic fans out there, this EW writer included, who still have memorized Batman’s brutal monologue to Superman during their epic fight at the climax of The Dark Knight Returns (“I want you to remember the one man who beat you”), Miller’s been a little nicer to the Man of Steel in the years since.

    “Even though in Dark Knight Returns I gave Superman a very hard time, in his own title I’ve wanted to really celebrate the character,” Miller says. Though he notes, “He doesn’t need my sympathy!”






    THE DARK KNIGHT: THE GOLDEN CHILD #1
    Release date: December 11th, 2019
    Written by FRANK MILLER
    Art and cover by RAFAEL GRAMPA
    Colour by JORDIE BELLAIRE
    48-page one-shot


    The story takes place three years after the events of Master Race, where Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Carrie Kelley, and Lara Kent overcame the renegade priest Quar and his cult of Kandorian fanatics in their bid to convert humanity into worshipping them as gods. During this interim, Lara has spent time learning about what it means to be human, while Carrie has grown into her role as Gotham City’s new protector, Batwoman. When a terrifying evil returns to Gotham City, Lara and Carrie team up to take on this new threat, but this time with a secret weapon – Jonathan Kent. Known as the ‘Golden Child,’ Jonathan possesses power unlike anything the world has ever seen and could be all that stands in the way of the destruction of Gotham City, as well as the whole planet.



    Full article: https://ew.com/books/2019/09/13/fran...-golden-child/


    AHHHH!!! This is great!

    Look at Grampa's art of Jonathan and Lara!!! Wow. Lara got a new design too! I like it a lot!

    Look at those eyes of Jonathan's! Grampa is clever. He is not just going for the cliched cute. There is something almost transcendent and yes zen about this boy.

    And Jonathan sounds so interesting. How cool. To finally have a child that is unique and different to every superboy we have had. Not just a Clark 2.0. He is "magical". Given his parentage, makes sense. I can't wait to read his voice.

  3. #5163
    Mighty Member Deiasilva10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post


    AHHHH!!! This is great!

    Look at Grampa's art of Jonathan and Lara!!! Wow. Lara got a new design too! I like it a lot!

    Look at those eyes of Jonathan's! Grampa is clever. He is not just going for the cliched cute. There is something almost transcendent and yes zen about this boy.

    And Jonathan sounds so interesting. How cool. To finally have a child that is unique and different to every superboy we have had. Not just a Clark 2.0. He is "magical". Given his parentage, makes sense. I can't wait to read his voice.
    Glad you noticed his eyes too !!!! Yes, they convey a peace and wisdom far above his age! The idea of the Little Buddha is still in my mind and it makes perfect sense ... while his sister is fire, passion, an energy that needs to be directed and oriented, Jon is almost transcendental.


  4. #5164
    Extraordinary Member hellacre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Now that I think about it, that could be the reason why SM/WW's "Jon" got a free pass from DC, it was in development before Jurgens' Jon. I was worried he would've treated like Kon and made disappear for brand name reasons, etc. 🤔
    Don't forget Jonathan Kent as a name for a character was a creation of SMWW via The Kingdom by Mark Waid. Jonathan Kent's name is not exactly owned nor conceived by Jurgens. Diana got pregnant with DK Jonathan in 2001. Long before Jurgens did his Convergence. So if anyone has a claim to the name it is SuperWonder. Same as Lara. Tom Taylor took her name and gave it to a dream fantasy of dictator Supes a daughter called Lara in Injustice. But she is not even real so I doubt she counts. I do not think Jurgens is in any place to tell Miller to not use the name.

  5. #5165
    Extraordinary Member hellacre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Glad you noticed his eyes too !!!! Yes, they convey a peace and wisdom far above his age! The idea of the Little Buddha is still in my mind and it makes perfect sense ... while his sister is fire, passion, an energy that needs to be directed and oriented, Jon is almost transcendental.

    And this means...this is not going to be an easy life for such a child. Imagine the fear and envy as the world around him judge and misunderstand and covet him or what he can do!

    I am curious to wonder who the foe will be for Carrie and Lara and Jonathan. Also wonder if we will see much of the parents in this one shot. I see a reworking of that scene where Jon was floating from DK3 and Clark and Lara go for a walk.

  6. #5166
    Extraordinary Member LoveStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post


    AHHHH!!! This is great!

    Look at Grampa's art of Jonathan and Lara!!! Wow. Lara got a new design too! I like it a lot!

    Look at those eyes of Jonathan's! Grampa is clever. He is not just going for the cliched cute. There is something almost transcendent and yes zen about this boy.

    And Jonathan sounds so interesting. How cool. To finally have a child that is unique and different to every superboy we have had. Not just a Clark 2.0. He is "magical". Given his parentage, makes sense. I can't wait to read his voice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Glad you noticed his eyes too !!!! Yes, they convey a peace and wisdom far above his age! The idea of the Little Buddha is still in my mind and it makes perfect sense ... while his sister is fire, passion, an energy that needs to be directed and oriented, Jon is almost transcendental.

    A magical toddler! I love the idea of the little Buddha and delving more into magic! The kids are embodiments of their parents but should be unique and distinctive in their own way.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 09-13-2019 at 08:40 PM.

  7. #5167
    Mighty Member Deiasilva10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Don't forget Jonathan Kent as a name for a character was a creation of SMWW via The Kingdom by Mark Waid. Jonathan Kent's name is not exactly owned nor conceived by Jurgens. Diana got pregnant with DK Jonathan in 2001. Long before Jurgens did his Convergence. So if anyone has a claim to the name it is SuperWonder. Same as Lara. Tom Taylor took her name and gave it to a dream fantasy of dictator Supes a daughter called Lara in Injustice. But she is not even real so I doubt she counts. I do not think Jurgens is in any place to tell Miller to not use the name.
    What Jurgens should say to Miller, no, say no, ask is the blessing and that this blessing should come with one tenth of Miller's genius. There is nothing wrong with the child being named Jonathan Kent. Diana has no last name so it's fairer their children to bear their father's name. Diana is not a men-hating feminazi, she evolved, the love for Clark did it for her. She is now a true feminist, someone who seeks equality and not hatred and fights over minimal bullshit. She sees the whole, the future of her family and the world.

  8. #5168
    Mighty Member Deiasilva10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    And this means...this is not going to be an easy life for such a child. Imagine the fear and envy as the world around him judge and misunderstand and covet him or what he can do!

    I am curious to wonder who the foe will be for Carrie and Lara and Jonathan. Also wonder if we will see much of the parents in this one shot. I see a reworking of that scene where Jon was floating from DK3 and Clark and Lara go for a walk.
    Girl I see this one shot as an entryway or even an entry before a much awaited main dish. I think Miller will give us drops of what's to come and we'll have mouth watering up to a possible DK IV or even a Brave and Bold with Carrie and Lara. I know something big is forming on the horizon but I still don't know what.

  9. #5169
    Extraordinary Member hellacre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    What Jurgens should say to Miller, no, say no, ask is the blessing and that this blessing should come with one tenth of Miller's genius. There is nothing wrong with the child being named Jonathan Kent. Diana has no last name so it's fairer their children to bear their father's name. Diana is not a men-hating feminazi, she evolved, the love for Clark did it for her. She is now a true feminist, someone who seeks equality and not hatred and fights over minimal bullshit. She sees the whole, the future of her family and the world.
    The multiverse also gives writers freedom.

    SMWW has 2 Jonathans...well maybe 3...given some people say The Kingdom Jonathan Hyperman is different to Earth 22's Jonathan. We also have a Bruce, a Hunter, a Zod, and Lara. There are other kids whose names we don't even know. Like Act of God child and the other children in JSA 22.

  10. #5170
    Mighty Member Deiasilva10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    The multiverse also gives writers freedom.

    SMWW has 2 Jonathans...well maybe 3...given some people say The Kingdom Jonathan Hyperman is different to Earth 22's Jonathan. We also have a Bruce, a Hunter, a Zod, and Lara. There are other kids whose names we don't even know. Like Act of God child and the other children in JSA 22.
    Yes, multiverse give them freedom but MIller has already cemented the foundations of his characters .. now just wait for others to come and broaden his line.

  11. #5171
    Extraordinary Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,327

    Default

    Hey just popping in to let everyone know how excited I am we are FINALLY getting this book. *yay*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  12. #5172
    Mighty Member Deiasilva10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by celgress View Post
    hey just popping in to let everyone know how excited i am we are finally getting this book. *yay*
    yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

  13. #5173
    Extraordinary Member hellacre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Hey just popping in to let everyone know how excited I am we are FINALLY getting this book. *yay*
    YAAAAAY


  14. #5174
    Extraordinary Member hellacre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Girl I see this one shot as an entryway or even an entry before a much awaited main dish. I think Miller will give us drops of what's to come and we'll have mouth watering up to a possible DK IV or even a Brave and Bold with Carrie and Lara. I know something big is forming on the horizon but I still don't know what.
    That would be so cool.

  15. #5175
    Mighty Member Deiasilva10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    That would be so cool.
    Miller is cool!!!! Maybe we will have Azzarello continuing his work... everything is possible!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •