Page 348 of 410 FirstFirst ... 248298338344345346347348349350351352358398 ... LastLast
Results 5,206 to 5,220 of 6144

Retired Superman and Wonder Woman
    Photography by Jaxonphotogrpoup

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    It's funny how Jiminez and others like to stress the friendship bit but in an ironic way they are reinforcing why smww are RIGHT for each other. Friendship and trust and faith cushioned by TRUTH is the biggest and most important foundation to any successful relationship between lovers.

It was a very poignant moment which I always loved and which we had all through preflashpoint and new 52... Diana's ability to comfort Clark while he allows himself to be openly vulnerable with her. And vice versa. You rarely saw this reciprocity with other relationships that was unconditional. The fact she was not sleeping with him made it important too. Because yeah you would comfort your hubby or wife or gf or bf...that is what is expected. But it does not mean you understand at all where this emotion comes from. And many people feel the need to protect, or to be strong for another. And this is what Superman or Wonder Woman does for every one. It is rare they just get to break down and just mourn.

This is why SMWW inevitable finding each other makes sense. That this woman who was his dear friend could not only empathize ...(Diana empathizes with most)...but she UNDERSTANDS his pain, where it comes from, and how he feels because she feels this too. That is what is unique to them. They have the strongest foundation in the DCU imo as the epitome of what a connected relationship looks like. It is funny too...how DC likes to toss cliches of the opposites attract or push the hero/civilian ...when we all know in reality they more than likely would not work as opposed to two people with similar mind sets who trust, care and admire each other.

Every reason they try to refute Clark with Diana ARE reasons why they would be inevitable. And it is the reason why we are here today with a growing fandom who believe in these two and who connected to them and see them as making more sense over the years.
    All of this. It is ironic indeed. Whether or not intentional, they show over and over again why it should be Clark and Diana. What is any romantic relationship without friendship? Without trust? Without being able to be vulnerable with your significant other? The strength and depth of a relationship is revealed in those quiet moments as much as during the challenging times.

Those who like to say that they only like Superman and Wonder Woman as friends, while recognizing and appreciating the quality and value of the friendship and connection they had, somehow skip over how those very same qualities are precisely why they go so well together. We continue to witness that Clark and Diana are better together than they are apart. Their deep bonded friendship was a haven for the both of them, it isn't something we were told, "nor is it just head canon," it is what we were shown at many differing instances in the comics. Whether romantically together or platonic, as long as their connection was strong, they held each other accountable. They were a moral compass for one another, challenged each other to be better. It wasn't selfish, it was selfless, loving, tender. But not many people can understand a connection like the one they had nor its value, because if they did it would be protected, deeply guarded.

Fans of SMWW get it, real life couples who reference them get it, but until it is fully understood by those in charge of these characters, we are going to continue seeing questionable and diminishing narratives associated with them. But it isn't surprising coming from a company with individuals who were afraid of having Superman "look weak" because he showed vulnerability ( 🙄 ), and in the arms of a woman at that, despite it being in the arms of an incomparable wonder of a woman such as Diana. If anything, it just affirms much of what I suspect when I see Diana get undermined in strength, or as a character in order to prop up another character. With Diana, Clark doesn't get to come swooping in to be the alpha male saving the day, they'd do it together as she is more than likely to be by his side helping with the rescuing. With the status quo, they can make Clark into a lapdog because they know at the end of the day he will still get to fly in for the rescue. 🙄

Sigh...emotional intelligence is something that is sorely needed.

And I could be wrong but Jiminez not supporting them as lovers is because I think he got a bat fetish like Rucka does. And it is slightly funny to me because as an Amazon who is powerful, confident, proud of her heritage, compassionate, sees the world more in the way Clark does etc...a moody broken bad boy with issues and money is the last person I see her even wanting as a lover. And it is ironic too...that he wrote them as besties back in the day...yet we have seen nothing of this magnitude in all of Rebirth and the gang who all currently there who sing they are better as friends, do not even respect it. We all recall the "easy" and "lies" jab from Rebirth Wonder Woman as she spoke about a man who gave his life to save others. The Diana I know would never say that of a friend, much less a lover.
    I don't think you are wrong at all. It was pretty evident with the comment he made in the Bonus feature of the 2017 Wonder Woman special edition dvd. I was disappointed when I heard him give that insipid "light and dark" reasoning that some use in an attempt to justify (???) a Bruce and Diana pairing. I guess for me, being that I am such a fan of Wonder Woman myself, I just don't get how he can write Wonder Woman, claim to love Diana only to buy into the absurd notion of Bruce and Diana. But I guess that's the Batman fanboyism at play (if I may say so ?). Because given who Diana is, how principled, compassionate, and optimistic as a character she is, while still being pragmatic, it doesn't correlate that she would be remotely interested in Bruce romantically. Admire him as a fellow leaguer? Certainly. But as a grown, self assured woman, she is not moved by superficial nor juvenile things. A romantic relationship with a paranoid, controlling, emotionally unavailable man, to name a few, is just not something I ever see her going for. Nevertheless, we saw through out the post crisis era where Diana's heart really was and it wasn't with the aforementioned character no matter the left field assertions some tried to make. Rather, the first names contained the letter "K." 🙃

Currently Clark and Diana are like mere acquaintances who work in the same building but rarely seek each other out or hang together. Preflashpoint we saw this all the time. Clark and Diana seeking each other out for comfort, to reflect, to share etc. It is as if DC too paranoid to let them share meaningful page time...because they knew where it led to. The rise of the SMWW fandom. Can't have new fans liking that and making that smww fandom grow more than it already has.
    It is VERY obvious they are paranoid about SMWW. You don't make such concerted efforts to keep two characters apart who have shared meaningful interactions over the years both platonic and romantically, if it weren't due to insecurity that their appeal will overshadow the pushed for narrative/status quo.

Clark and Diana's dynamic was one of the best things in preflashpoint. It's absence is significantly felt because it is valuable.
    Last edited by LadyP; 09-15-2019 at 07:40 AM.

He needs her. Especially her. For support. For perspective. For comfort. For hope. She is the love he needs when he grows up and becomes that wiser, seasoned mature man. Look at the difference. Younger he can't see it yet. He fears life and change. Because he hasn't truly lived life. But life is what makes you who you are. You are not who you are if life is all hunky dory and you get everything you want. Life builds character and smww lives life. They don't get potions or retcons in their stories. They live the hard times to value the better times. That has more humanity in it than fairy tale fluff.

This. So much this.
    These panels are the prime example of that quote: "Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses." — Ann Landers

Everything stated in that quote Superman and Wonder Woman have exemplified in abundance both as lovers and as friends. It is why I love them best as best friends who then become lovers because it is through friendship that their love blossoms and grows. It is what makes their bond unbreakable.
    They are the definition of that quote.
    Last edited by LadyP; 09-14-2019 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Oh, well... it turned out we shouldn't wait for NYCC or 2020 for this...

Frank Miller previews his next epic Batman comic, The Dark Knight Returns: The Golden Child

The Dark Knight isn’t done yet. Three years after The Dark Knight III: The Master Race continued Frank Miller’s epic Batman saga that began in 1986 with The Dark Knight Returns, EW can exclusively announce that another installment is on the way. This December comes a new one-shot comic titled The Dark Knight Returns: The Golden Child, written by Miller and illustrated by artist Rafael Grampá.

The “golden child” in question is young Jonathan Kent, the son of Superman and Wonder Woman. His older sister, Lara, was a major player in The Master Race, where readers saw she had inherited her mother’s Amazonian discipline as well as her father’s Kryptonian superpowers and signature S-shield costume. Jonathan was only a baby then, though he was important enough to be the focal point of a battle between the Amazons and the Kryptonians from Kandor. The Golden Child takes place three years after the conclusion of The Master Race, and though Jonathan is still a child, he’s now grown into a powerful presence, as you can see in Grampá’s exclusive preview art below.

“The possibilities for what he could be just started coming to mind like crazy. I thought the contrast between him and Lara could be really exciting,” Miller tells EW. “Lara has so much power and passion, so for the little boy to embody all of the wisdom and intelligence of the Kryptonian race would be an exciting new dimension. He really sort of developed as a little floating Buddha, someone who when he wasn’t even a toddler yet was speaking in full sentences and had an understanding of events that surpassed anybody else’s. He’s the most magical member of the family.”

"The Dark Knight Returns started as a Batman story, but as it has gone on, Superman and his family have come to play a bigger role. There are surely still countless comic fans out there, this EW writer included, who still have memorized Batman’s brutal monologue to Superman during their epic fight at the climax of The Dark Knight Returns (“I want you to remember the one man who beat you”), Miller’s been a little nicer to the Man of Steel in the years since.

“Even though in Dark Knight Returns I gave Superman a very hard time, in his own title I’ve wanted to really celebrate the character,” Miller says. Though he notes, “He doesn’t need my sympathy!”

THE DARK KNIGHT: THE GOLDEN CHILD #1
    Release date: December 11th, 2019
    Written by FRANK MILLER
    Art and cover by RAFAEL GRAMPA
    Colour by JORDIE BELLAIRE
    48-page one-shot

The story takes place three years after the events of Master Race, where Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Carrie Kelley, and Lara Kent overcame the renegade priest Quar and his cult of Kandorian fanatics in their bid to convert humanity into worshipping them as gods. During this interim, Lara has spent time learning about what it means to be human, while Carrie has grown into her role as Gotham City’s new protector, Batwoman. When a terrifying evil returns to Gotham City, Lara and Carrie team up to take on this new threat, but this time with a secret weapon – Jonathan Kent. Known as the ‘Golden Child,’ Jonathan possesses power unlike anything the world has ever seen and could be all that stands in the way of the destruction of Gotham City, as well as the whole planet.

Full article: https://ew.com/books/2019/09/13/fran...-golden-child/
    I am equal folds nervous and excited about this. I do wish though that both Diana and Kal were shown together with their children. I hope this is something we will actually get to see in the panels.

It's also a bit odd though that the title is "Golden Child" in reference to Jon, but rather than show him or Jon and Lara on the cover, it has Carrie instead. Maybe they will be shown on a variant cover? Nevertheless, can't wait to get my copy.

Regarding powers, Lara and Jon should be extremely powerful, given that they are the product of Olympian magic (Clay origin, which I stubbornly hold onto or Zeus origin... 🙄 ) and Kryptonian genetics, their powers shouldn't be a generic replica of Clark's, there should be some wildcards there, so I'm curious as to what Miller is going to do here.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

New52 inspired caricatures:

"#superman #wonderwoman #couple"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2OSWvuoWBD/

"#Superman #WonderWoman "

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2YzEBtFbyl/

"It is with indescribable joy that I accept your gift. It is indeed testimony to the beauty that exists in all creation but perhaps nowhere more than in a young woman's heart."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2E-J4nnuld/

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Superman and Wonder Woman Couple Cosplay

“Coming to your rescue like...”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2INVDqh...=1mcfxaszyjo5m
    I just love how cosplayers bring SMWW to life. 😍

Don't forget Jonathan Kent as a name for a character was a creation of SMWW via The Kingdom by Mark Waid. Jonathan Kent's name is not exactly owned nor conceived by Jurgens. Diana got pregnant with DK Jonathan in 2001. Long before Jurgens did his Convergence. So if anyone has a claim to the name it is SuperWonder. Same as Lara. Tom Taylor took her name and gave it to a dream fantasy of dictator Supes a daughter called Lara in Injustice. But she is not even real so I doubt she counts. I do not think Jurgens is in any place to tell Miller to not use the name.

But think how funny. I think there are 4 concrete Jonathans. Hyperman, earth 22 son, DK Jonathan and Rebirth Jon.

Imagine them teaming up and someone screams..."Jon, behind you!" Or throw Conner in with them..."Superboy, look out!"

Okay. Now I really want this!

Art by BubulleSama:

"When two Superheroes who are in love got snapchat 😌💜"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1mqnRgAu4G/

Illustration by Martin Hand:

"- wonder woman & superman taking a quiet moment together after alex toth (1970s) & bob dylan... :-)"

https://twitter.com/worldofagwu/stat...23925752238081

Wonder Woman must be in a very generous mood during retirement to let Superman sit around and watch TV while she cleans...On further thought, I think retirement screwed with Superman's head or he must be recovering from an injury to sit around while Wonder Woman cleans. LOL. 🤔
    Last edited by LadyP; 09-14-2019 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    This. So much this.
    These panels are the prime example of that quote: "Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses." — Ann Landers

Everything stated in that quote Superman and Wonder Woman have exemplified in abundance both as lovers and as friends. It is why I love them best as best friends who then become lovers because it is through friendship that their love blossoms and grows. It is what makes their bond unbreakable.
    They are the definition of that quote.
    This is beautiful! 🤗 Such a beautiful quote and yes the exact definition of SMWW’s dynamic. This in reality is what couples have always gravitated to and it’s becoming more and more emphasized on within the times.

I am equal folds nervous and excited about this. I do wish though that both Diana and Kal were shown together with their children. I hope this is something we will actually get to see in the panels.

It's also a bit odd though that the title is "Golden Child" in reference to Jon, but rather than show him or Jon and Lara on the cover, it has Carrie instead. Maybe they will be shown on a variant cover? Nevertheless, can't wait to get my copy.

Regarding powers, Lara and Jon should be extremely powerful, given that they are the product of Olympian magic (Clay origin, which I stubbornly hold onto or Zeus origin... 🙄 ) and Kryptonian genetics, their powers shouldn't be a generic replica of Clark's, there should be some wildcards there, so I'm curious as to what Miller is going to do here.
    🤔 I don’t exactly know if Zeus origin is here? From the interview, Jon is a wildcard for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    That would be hilarious. �� That joke writes itself.

Btw, there are at least other 2 Jonathans that I'm aware of. Modern Superman sure lacks imagination to name his children. ��
    Clark loves his Pa so much...no matter who he marries. One of those boys is going to be called Jonathan!

But I always assumed too Diana, having no male father figures, has no probs with their first born son named after Pa Kent. The verse where she knows his parents, I think she'd respect Pa a lot. Also I think she might accept the name of Lara for a girl child as Clark's birth mom is dead. It is to honor them.

Clark loves his Pa so much...no matter who he marries. One of those boys is going to be called Jonathan!

But I always assumed too Diana, having no male father figures, has no probs with their first born son named after Pa Kent. The verse where she knows his parents, I think she'd respect Pa a lot. Also I think she might accept the name of Lara for a girl child as Clark's birth mom is dead. It is to honor them.
    He used to choose more varieties of names during pre-Crisis though. 😜

I'd call one of her daughters Hyppolita. It feels Diana's side isn't well represented.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-14-2019 at 06:10 PM.

Wonder Woman must be in a very generous mood during retirement to let Superman sit around and watch TV while she cleans...On further thought, I think retirement screwed with Superman's head or he must be recovering from an injury to sit around while Wonder Woman cleans. LOL. ��
    I think if I were Diana, I would clout him with that wooden spoon. This Supes let himself go, didn't he? heheheh.

This is beautiful! �� Such a beautiful quote and yes the exact definition of SMWW’s dynamic. This in reality is what couples have always gravitated to and it’s becoming more and more emphasized on within the times.

�� I don’t exactly know if Zeus origin is here? From the interview, Jon is a wildcard for sure.
    I think there was a reference to Zeus, in DK2 when Diana was on a Pegasus and using a lightning bolt. It does not confirm her origin but she can wield what Zeus can.