Page 356 of 410 FirstFirst ... 256306346352353354355356357358359360366406 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,340 of 6144
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Recently, I watched the Amazon Prime's show The Boys based on the comic-book series of the same name by Ennis/Robertson. It's a dark satire on superheroes featuring a Justice League knock-off team called The Seven.

Its main members, the SM/WW analogues Homelander and Queen Maeve, as many other SM/WW rip-offs, were romantically linked. They eventually broke-up for reasons unspecified in the series but, if I've to guess, it was probably because she founds out he is a sociopath. 😅

Eric Kripke (Producer of The Boys): "Frankly, the superheroes in The Boys are probably more take-offs of the DC Universe than they are of the Marvel Universe anyway. Homelander and Maeve are clearly inspired by Superman and Wonder Woman."

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/the-...pke-karl-urban

Below some videos and images about the two characters:

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

As we always say and it is known by all SM and WW are father and mother of superheroes... models to be followed either for good or for evil... everything and everyone derives from them... what just intrigues me is the constant negation of DC to the natural pair they form... we have several examples of analogous pairs that work well and are successful but DC refuses to give us SMWW even in elseworlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    As we always say and it is known by all SM and WW are father and mother of superheroes... models to be followed either for good or for evil... everything and everyone derives from them... what just intrigues me is the constant negation of DC to the natural pair they form... we have several examples of analogous pairs that work well and are successful but DC refuses to give us SMWW even in elseworlds.
    Yeah, the pair is archetypical one way or another.

Btw, Netflix is currently filming another superhero series (set for a 2020 release) that was presented as "what would happen if a hero like Superman married Wonder Woman and had children". It would be nice if they'll keep advertising it like that (just for the lulz). 😜

Recently, I watched the Amazon Prime's show The Boys based on the comic-book series of the same name by Ennis/Robertson. It's a dark satire on superheroes featuring a Justice League knock-off team called The Seven.

Its main members, the SM/WW analogues Homelander and Queen Maeve, as many other SM/WW rip-offs, were romantically linked. They eventually broke-up for reasons unspecified in the series but, if I've to guess, it was probably because she founds out he is a sociopath. 😅

Eric Kripke (Producer of The Boys): "Frankly, the superheroes in The Boys are probably more take-offs of the DC Universe than they are of the Marvel Universe anyway. Homelander and Maeve are clearly inspired by Superman and Wonder Woman."

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/the-...pke-karl-urban

Below some videos and images about the two characters:

Btw, Netflix is currently filming another superhero series (set for a 2020 release) that was presented as "what would happen if a hero like Superman married Wonder Woman and had children". It would be nice if they'll keep advertising it like that (just for the lulz). 😜
    The bold from Deia is simply how it is yet still very profound. Although, I don’t agree with the evil versions of course but just the fact that the SMWW pair itself is recognized. I’m more anticipating Jupiter Legacy and Astro City. It’s no doubt interest will be gained even more so, so it would be nice if the real Superman and Wonder Woman got the same chance live action.

And Last Son: YES! keep that kind of advertising going 🤣😉

"Wonder Woman, Supercat Zoe and Superman 😹😹😹 !!!
    Super family ❤️"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1q6pw8g..._web_copy_link

"Because being together is always good! 😉"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1tSCfEF..._web_copy_link

"Wonder Woman and Superman! ❤️💙 Place your order now !!!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2huYpqg..._web_copy_link
    Last edited by Deiasilva10; 09-22-2019 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    The bold from Deia is simply how it is yet still very profound. Although, I don’t agree with the evil versions of course but just the fact that the SMWW pair itself is recognized. I’m more anticipating Jupiter Legacy and Astro City.
    Well, on a positive note the evil versions break-up while the good ones stayed together and even had children. 😉

Btw, someone did this edit after the release of The Boys, lol:

It’s no doubt interest will be gained even more so, so it would be nice if the real Superman and Wonder Woman got the same chance live action.
    I think it's only a matter of time if the concept is already out of there in some form. 🤔

And Last Son: YES! keep that kind of advertising going 🤣😉
    🙃🙃🙃
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-22-2019 at 10:58 AM.

Well, on a positive note the evil versions break-up while the good ones stayed together and even had children. 😉

I think it's only a matter of time if the concept is already out of there in some form. 🤔

🙃🙃🙃
    Glad SuperWonder is still on people's minds !!!!!

Yes would much rather have the more positives takes of them being together. Anything otherwise obviously shouldn’t be emphasized on and very OOC.

Ha! Funny 🤣 SMWW is honestly everywhere without much intention or effort. Imagine if there was positive intention and effort.

Hope so! As I’ve said before, the original SMWW should’ve been first. But if this gives the kick needed, so be it. It is what it is.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 09-22-2019 at 11:37 AM.

"Wonder Woman and Superman Kingdom Come : It was Wonder Woman who brought Superman the news of the Kansas disaster and convinced him to return to the outside world. She was recruited by Superman for his 'Justice League' working as his second in command. She worked with Superman to rebuild the Justice League and oversaw many of the organization's operations in the field. While she proved a very effective warrior she was also bloodthirsty and brutal taking harsh measures against enemies. Her approach concerned Superman who wanted a gentler approach.

Soon the Gulag was built to contain the enemies the League caught. Just as quickly, the inmates revolted and a war broke out on the grounds of the prison. The human government of the United Nations proceeded to drop a nuclear bomb, and she fought in Kansas, where she was saved from the United Nations strike by Green Lanterns Alan Scott and Jade. After this, she was one of the metahumans who proceeded to petition the U.N. for membership of a metahuman state. Her royal rank was returned to her as well. She and Superman proceeded to begin a romantic relationship and eventually married having five children. She also repaired her friendship with Bruce Wayne. With them, she will attend Batman's funeral in twenty years. She will remain with Superman for the rest of her natural life."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2uArxBo..._web_copy_link

"Superman and Wonder Woman Kingdom Come"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2tuM1yo..._web_copy_link

I wonder ... how long will DC / WB ignore the fans' desire for a Kingdom Come live action? The timing is perfect, Cavill is the best Superman (physically speaking) since Reeve, Gadot is a good WW her way, I see no problem to find a good middle-aged/older actor to play Batman ... the pubic WANT Kingdom Come , KC is the only DC saga that can match the Marvel Infinite Saga. I don't know if Marvel listened to the fans in choosing their saga, if there was some kind of research or if it was something more internal, among the writers and directors but in the case of DC it is the audience that cries out.

Right! Really wish we could’ve gotten another WW story from Perez. It’s needed now more than ever! Of course special appearance by a certain Man of Steel too! 😉
    I remain stubbornly hopeful even though he has retired😫

All the good ones seem to no longer be active or at the least be visible.

We have already an idea of that from the reactions to them appearing together during the promotional tour of JL. 😏

There was definitely buzz when the pictures of Henry and Gal started surfacing during the promotional press tour. So much that could have been done. So much that can still be done if only the effort is properly made.

More Dragon Con Cosplay!

New52 Superman and Wonder Woman Fun and Romance!

Aaaah! I'm really enjoying content of these two. 😍

Ask if they can carry a poster with the comparision of new 52 sales with now?

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Oh how I wish. For all those prone to hyperbolic fallacies when it comes to SMWW and interest in terms of numbers, you can't argue concrete data.

The PERFECT gif response! No words needed.

Ha! Funny 🤣 SMWW is honestly everywhere without much intention or effort. Imagine if there was positive intention and effort.
    My head explodes just thinking to the possibility. 🤯

Hope so! As I’ve said before, the original SMWW should’ve been first. But if this gives the kick needed, so be it. It is what it is.
    Just WB being slow as usual, they'll catch up eventually. 😜

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    There was definitely buzz when the pictures of Henry and Gal started surfacing during the promotional press tour. So much that could have been done. So much that can still be done if only the effort is properly made.
    If only Cavill's status was clear but he's probably done with the role.

I've seen The Boys also, it's definitely a complete subversion of superheroes. Maeve and Highlander are definitely not what I want in the public consciousness in relations to Wonder Woman and Superman. It is however, very obvious where the inspiration for those two characters came from.

Now this I am interested in especially if it is a series that respects the core principles of Superman and Wonder Woman, portrays their dynamic and connection thoughtfully and in a meaningful way.