Page 357 of 410 FirstFirst ... 257307347353354355356357358359360361367407 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,355 of 6144

“Get away! run away Wonder woman 💫
    Get away! run away with Superman 💪
    Come check out the fantasies of couples, many new
    for you guys 💥”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2jo2fBnjn1/
    Last edited by LoveStar; 09-22-2019 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    Aaaah! I'm really enjoying content of these two. 😍
    More on the way! 😉

The PERFECT gif response! No words needed.
    Indeed! 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    My head explodes just thinking to the possibility. 🤯
    Right! That’s what SMWW brings, endless possibilities!

Just WB being slow as usual, they'll catch up eventually. 😜
    Not understanding the slowness when they are the ones that have the concept first
    Last edited by LoveStar; 09-22-2019 at 12:23 PM.

If only Cavill's status was clear but he's probably done with the role.
    That would just be too bad. He looks the part so much, if only he will be given material that will truly bring the character of Superman to life in a positive and impactful way.

Now this I am interested in especially if it is a series that respects the core principles of Superman and Wonder Woman, portrays their dynamic and connection thoughtfully and in a meaningful way.
    Exactly! This isn’t at all hard to show and achieve
    Last edited by LoveStar; 09-22-2019 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    "Wonder Woman and Superman Kingdom Come : It was Wonder Woman who brought Superman the news of the Kansas disaster and convinced him to return to the outside world. She was recruited by Superman for his 'Justice League' working as his second in command. She worked with Superman to rebuild the Justice League and oversaw many of the organization's operations in the field. While she proved a very effective warrior she was also bloodthirsty and brutal taking harsh measures against enemies. Her approach concerned Superman who wanted a gentler approach.

Soon the Gulag was built to contain the enemies the League caught. Just as quickly, the inmates revolted and a war broke out on the grounds of the prison. The human government of the United Nations proceeded to drop a nuclear bomb, and she fought in Kansas, where she was saved from the United Nations strike by Green Lanterns Alan Scott and Jade. After this, she was one of the metahumans who proceeded to petition the U.N. for membership of a metahuman state. Her royal rank was returned to her as well. She and Superman proceeded to begin a romantic relationship and eventually married having five children. She also repaired her friendship with Bruce Wayne. With them, she will attend Batman's funeral in twenty years. She will remain with Superman for the rest of her natural life."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2uArxBo..._web_copy_link

"Superman and Wonder Woman Kingdom Come"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2tuM1yo..._web_copy_link

I wonder ... how long will DC / WB ignore the fans' desire for a Kingdom Come live action? The timing is perfect, Cavill is the best Superman (physically speaking) since Reeve, Gadot is a good WW her way, I see no problem to find a good middle-aged/older actor to play Batman ... the pubic WANT Kingdom Come , KC is the only DC saga that can match the Marvel Infinite Saga. I don't know if Marvel listened to the fans in choosing their saga, if there was some kind of research or if it was something more internal, among the writers and directors but in the case of DC it is the audience that cries out.
    As much as I desire to see Kingdom Come adapted on the silver screen, a large part of me is hesitant and untrusting of the current creative team to do it any kind of justice. Further, there hasn't been enough ground made in the messy DCEU to justify or respectfully present Kingdom Come. DC/WB currently doesn't have the full trust of the wider audience along with its niche audience. It will have to redeem itself a few times over before we get to KC and I have no idea if it is even on the right path as there seems to be such a disconnect between what the audience desires and what it is providing.
    Last edited by LadyP; 09-22-2019 at 12:46 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Now this I am interested in especially if it is a series that respects the core principles of Superman and Wonder Woman, portrays their dynamic and connection thoughtfully and in a meaningful way.
    I'll eventually do a post about it. Some pics of the filming have surfaced online too.

That would just be too bad. He looks the part so much, if only he will be given material that will truly bring the character of Superman to life in a positive and impactful way.
    The character will be probably rebooted with another actor. WB is currently talking with J.J. Abrams to direct a potential new Superman movie and he has the option of set it in the DCEU or doing his own thing.

As much as I desire to see Kingdom Come adapted on the silver screen, a large part of me is hesitant and untrusting of the current creative team to do it any kind of justice. Further, there hasn't been enough ground made in the messy DCEU to justify or respectfully present Kingdom Come. DC/WB currently doesn't have the full trust of the wider audience along with its niche audience. It will have to redeem itself a few times over before we get to KC and I have no idea if it is even on the right path as their seems to be such a disconnect between what the audience desires and what it is providing.
    A Kingdom Come movie could come as Joker's, an elseworld .... of course just one movie would never be enough, for me a trilogy would be needed to try to explain KC's greatness ... in five years at most BMvSM and JL will be "forgotten" also thanks to their disconnected movies that we will have (WW84 ignores facts from BMvSM and JL, the next Aquaman too) so I see that it is possible.

I'll eventually do a post about it. Some pics of the filming have surfaced online too.
    Yes, please.

The character will be probably rebooted with another actor. WB is currently talking with J.J. Abrams to direct a potential new Superman movie and he has the option of set it in the DCEU or doing his own thing.
    Sigh...I guess we will have to wait and see what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    A Kingdom Come movie could come as Joker's, an elseworld .... of course just one movie would never be enough, for me a trilogy would be needed to try to explain KC's greatness ... in five years at most BMvSM and JL will be "forgotten" also thanks to their disconnected movies that we will have (WW84 ignores facts from BMvSM and JL, the next Aquaman too) so I see that it is possible.
    True. However, unlike the Joker, part of KC's impact is that before becoming Earth 22, it was a possible future of post crisis era Earth prime and as such entailed people having an understanding of Superman and Wonder Woman's dynamic then. Them ending up together wasn't a surprise nor left field. It was already previously established that they had something unresolved between them starting from their interrupted first date in Action #600, to the friendship and connection they built over the years. So theirs was a natural progression of things that they would eventually find their way back to one another in a romantic sense after having gone through so much together, been each other's confidant, had each other's back on and off the battlefield, and at that faced a near apocalypse to not only survive but managed to save many lives though there were still significant losses.

DCEU Superman and Wonder Woman have been denied this connection. They haven't had meaningful interactions. Even if they establish KC as being in a separate movie verse it won't have much of the same effect, imo, if the wider audience haven't really been exposed to the Superman and Wonder Woman dynamic beforehand. I want it to be organic, and properly built. KC resonates because we had been exposed to those characters beforehand, knew their history and as well as a bit about the different dynamics which existed, it is part of what makes it so poignant.

Yes, please.
    Ok. 😉

Sigh...I guess we will have to wait and see what it is.
    We'll hear the first rumors next year, I guess.

True. However, unlike the Joker, part of KC's impact is that before becoming Earth 22, it was a possible future of post crisis era Earth prime and as such entailed people having an understanding of Superman and Wonder Woman's dynamic then. Them ending up together wasn't a surprise nor left field. It was already previously established that they had something unresolved between them starting from their interrupted first date in Action #600, to the friendship and connection they built over the years. So theirs was a natural progression of things that they would eventually find their way back to one another in a romantic sense after having gone through so much together, been each other's confidant, had each other's back on and off the battlefield, and at that faced a near apocalypse to not only survive but managed to save many lives though there were still significant losses.

DCEU Superman and Wonder Woman have been denied this connection. They haven't had meaningful interactions. Even if they establish KC as being in a separate movie verse it won't have much of the same effect, imo, if the wider audience haven't really been exposed to the Superman and Wonder Woman dynamic beforehand. I want it to be organic, and properly built. KC resonates because we had been exposed to those characters beforehand, knew their history and as well as a bit about the different dynamics which existed, it is part of what makes it so poignant.
    Totally agree with you, LadyP. A proper build up is needed before doing something like KC or even just put them together in an original story.

Ok. 😉

We'll hear the first rumors next year, I guess.

Totally agree with you, LadyP. A proper build up is needed before doing something like KC or even just put them together in an original story.
    I believe that adapting Spirit of Truth would provide the opportunity to start building that connection between Clark and Diana. Especially given that they haven’t had much chance to interact, this storyline, which is from source material, offers the basis for establishing their dynamic. It may require slight tweaks to the storyline since the DCEU decided to make Diana a 5,000 years old immortal who has been out in man’s world for about a century rather than the young newcomer she was for decades, however.

I can see the adaptation being a way that Diana and Clark get to reach out to one another allowing them to connect in a more organic way. The opportunity for them to both learn and grow from the other given that they are both unique individuals who are not all that different and certainly have something to offer the other will be there. In Spirit of Truth Diana was the newbie to man’s world. However, in the DCEU she’s been out in man’s world for about a century so this time she has a bit more experience, despite having lived her life around society and not really in it if I understood correctly the retcon that she did not completely walk away from humanity. As such, she definitely has some knowledge to impart to Clark being a super powered being and existing in a world where you are the only one of your kind. So it will definitely be interesting to see. Who knows, it can provide the platform to segue into an adaptation for Superman’s Peace on Earth or some other Superman story in which Diana gets to feature/guest star as well...😏

I believe that adapting Spirit of Truth would provide the opportunity to start building that connection between Clark and Diana. Especially given that they haven’t had much chance to interact, this storyline, which is from source material, offers the basis for establishing their dynamic. It may require slight tweaks to the storyline since the DCEU decided to make Diana a 5,000 years old immortal who has been out in man’s world for about a century rather than the young newcomer she was for decades, however.

I can see the adaptation being a way that Diana and Clark get to reach out to one another allowing them to connect in a more organic way. The opportunity for them to both learn and grow from the other given that they are both unique individuals who are not all that different and certainly have something to offer the other will be there. In Spirit of Truth Diana was the newbie to man’s world. However, in the DCEU she’s been out in man’s world for about a century so this time she has a bit more experience, despite having lived her life around society and not really in it if I understood correctly the retcon that she did not completely walk away from humanity. As such, she definitely has some knowledge to impart to Clark being a super powered being and existing in a world where you are the only one of your kind. So it will definitely be interesting to see. Who knows, it can provide the platform to segue into an adaptation for Superman’s Peace on Earth or some other Superman story in which Diana gets to feature/guest star as well...😏
    Spirit of Truth should be flipped to works in the DCEU, making Diana the one giving suggestions to Clark instead of the other way around like in the original story. Wonder Gal has already a secret identity for a century there and the most that Clark can talk about to her is being a public superhero. Even if, I think, that in WW84 will be also retconned that WW worked in the shadow for a century to make her a public superhero since ever (my impression from what I read about the movie retconning what established in Snyder's films).

Spirit of Truth should be flipped to works in the DCEU, making Diana the one giving suggestions to Clark instead of the other way around like in the original story. Wonder Gal has already a secret identity for a century there and the most that Clark can talk about to her is being a public superhero. Even if, I think, that in WW84 will be also retconned that WW worked in the shadow for a century to make her a public superhero since ever (my impression from what I read about the movie retconning what established in Snyder's films).
    Exactly. It is basically the only way it would make sense given the change in the DCEU version of Wonder Woman. That wouldn’t even make sense given regarding revising the storyline to insinuate that she was already a public hero, as it was made very clear that she wasn’t a public hero in the JL movie. But before I give myself a headache trying to make sense of the nonsensical, I will stop.

But yes, I would be very interested in seeing how Patty Jenkins would adapt such a storyline as Spirit of Truth. Being that she is someone who clearly sees the parallels between Superman and Wonder Woman’s characters, has vocalized it without trying to downplay it, I feel certain she would showcase them in a way that is positive.

Hopefully, she isn’t someone who is of that weird mindset of Diana only needing to be around males physically weaker than her in order to appear strong. But that she can stand side by side with Superman and be powerful in all her glory. Wouldn’t mind a sparring session or 2 at all either between the two. 🤭

Exactly. It is basically the only way it would make sense given the change in the DCEU version of Wonder Woman. That wouldn’t even make sense given regarding revising the storyline to insinuate that she was already a public hero, as it was made very clear that she wasn’t a public hero in the JL movie. But before I give myself a headache trying to make sense of the nonsensical, I will stop.
    JL was a flop that WB wants to forget and act like it never happened, Patty isn't obligated to adhering to it.

But yes, I would be very interested in seeing how Patty Jenkins would adapt such a storyline as Spirit of Truth. Being that she is someone who clearly sees the parallels between Superman and Wonder Woman’s characters, has vocalized it without trying to downplay it, I feel certain she would showcase them in a way that is positive.

Hopefully, she isn’t someone who is of that weird mindset of Diana only needing to be around males physically weaker than her in order to appear strong. But that she can stand side by side with Superman and be powerful in all her glory. Wouldn’t mind a sparring session or 2 at all either between the two. 🤭
    Hmmm, I never heard from her something that made me think she prefers one way or another. I'd be curious to hear what she thinks about it. 🤔 Btw, Superman could always be depowered though. 😜

Hopefully, she isn’t someone who is of that weird mindset of Diana only needing to be around males physically weaker than her in order to appear strong. But that she can stand side by side with Superman and be powerful in all her glory. Wouldn’t mind a sparring session or 2 at all either between the two. ��
    Spirit of Truth is a great idea and can be adapted to the new version of Diana, the DCEU version. Well thought!