Page 358 of 410 FirstFirst ... 258308348354355356357358359360361362368408 ... LastLast
Results 5,356 to 5,370 of 6144

Last set for Dragon Con New52 Superman and Wonder Woman Cosplay

Rules of (Superhero) Life

“Rule #1: Always protect your own.”

“Rule #2: Comfort them when they are scared.”

“Rule #3: Be willing to take the hits.”
    Last edited by LoveStar; 09-23-2019 at 04:42 PM.

(Part 2)

“Rule #4: Love like no one is watching.”

“Rule #5: Always leave them wanting more.”

“Rule #6: Surround yourself with those on the same mission as you.”
    Last edited by LoveStar; 09-23-2019 at 04:40 PM.

(Part 3)

“Rule #7: Set goals... and never take your eyes off of them.”

“Rule #8: Help others, even when you know they can’t help you back.”

“Rule #9: Don’t forget to have fun.”

https://instagram.com/xmanofsteelx?igshid=ekalhyy0xiye
    Last edited by LoveStar; 09-23-2019 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    (Part 3)

“Rule #7: Set goals... and never take your eyes off of them.”

“Rule #8: Help others, even when you know they can’t help you back.”

One of the great things about new 52 was that with the youth of heroes came the jovial, playful sense of humor ... that light sense of humor .... I feel robbed ... robbed of not seeing our youth Heroes, of our couple .... pity.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    JL was a flop that WB wants to forget and act like it never happened, Patty isn't obligated to adhering to it.
    It's definitely one I like to pretend never happened.

Hmmm, I never heard from her something that made me think she prefers one way or another. I'd be curious to hear what she thinks about it. 🤔 Btw, Superman could always be depowered though. 😜
    I haven't either, but given there is a small subset of people who bizarrely feel that about Diana, it makes me wonder.

I am not a fan of depowering/diminishing one character to prop up another. I find it to be a distasteful and cheap plot device reeking of laziness and pandering. As such, I wouldn't want to see Superman depowered for Diana to appear strong, same as I wouldn't want to see Wonder Woman depowered (recoils from scene in JL movie) just for Clark to appear super. I strongly believe that the power difference between Clark and Diana should be marginal at best, and Diana more than makes up for any gap through her skills as a fighter. 🤷🏾*♀️

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Spirit of Truth is a great idea and can be adapted to the new version of Diana, the DCEU version. Well thought!
    I want this so much because I believe it could really be a game changer if done properly.

One of the great things about new 52 was that with the youth of heroes came the jovial, playful sense of humor ... that light sense of humor .... I feel robbed ... robbed of not seeing our youth Heroes, of our couple .... pity.
    New52 Kal and Diana were the vibrant (love) birds, they should always be. Life wasn’t made easy for them, we saw them going through things naturally and earned. Their moments of happiness actually had value and substance, not just for fluff. I miss this Diana who loved trying new things, loved going dancing to night clubs, and just loved life and living it. I miss this Kal who was laid back but still had swagger and confidence and accepted how to balance his identity. They had and were fun. The growth of both in SMWW 12 learning and moving forward to together.

All of that seemed to have gone backwards, unfortunately.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 09-24-2019 at 05:23 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Last set for Dragon Con New52 Superman and Wonder Woman Cosplay

Rules of (Superhero) Life

“Rule #1: Always protect your own.”

(Part 2)

“Rule #4: Love like no one is watching.”

Those ones are easily recognizable. Herbert's SM/WW embrace from SM/WW #12, the kiss drawn by Paulo Siqueira in one of the early issue of the series, and the fanart of SM/WW making fun of Batman. All of them were re-enacted so many times by various cosplayers that I lost count.

Btw, take a look here in the comment section of one of the Rules of Life pics, there's a question to the Dragon Con cosplayers: https://www.instagram.com/p/B2UUf7tApHS/

jurassic_jared01_Do you guys think the DCEU Superman and Wonder Woman should've been a couple?

xmanofsteelx@jurassic_jared01_ yep

wonderwomancosplay@jurassic_jared01_ also yep

Listen to them WB, that's your most faithful audience. 😅

T's T's T's!!!!!! SMWW T's

"Superman and Wonder Woman Couples Shirt . ."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2jNpxmB..._web_copy_link

"Well this one fits bingits for the strong woman / girl + strong man / boy or even supermom and superdad ☺️ Because everything is created there is a partner ... that's what the wise say (not the satirical jones yeah)"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0vah0Jg..._web_copy_link

"This couple will be top."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2R7EN8B..._web_copy_link

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    It's definitely one I like to pretend never happened.
    And so did the general audience, forgetting about the movie the moment after they left the cinemas. 😜

I haven't either, but given there is a small subset of people who bizarrely feel that about Diana, it makes me wonder.

I am not a fan of depowering/diminishing one character to prop up another. I find it to be a distasteful and cheap plot device reeking of laziness and pandering. As such, I wouldn't want to see Superman depowered for Diana to appear strong, same as I wouldn't want to see Wonder Woman depowered (recoils from scene in JL movie) just for Clark to appear super. I strongly believe that the power difference between Clark and Diana should be marginal at best, and Diana more than makes up for any gap through her skills as a fighter. 🤷🏾
    The power level isn't a real issue if Superman comes to visit just to talk. Even if he needs to be more integral to the plot/action, just spilt SM and WW to deal with different threats like recent CBM does (even WW or MoS) to make the supporting casts relevant for the final resolution as much as the main hero.

I want this so much because I believe it could really be a game changer if done properly.
    I'm fine even with a new story designed for the movies as long as they course-correct what they did to SM/WW. Comics will eventually follow asap.

Those ones are easily recognizable. Herbert's SM/WW embrace from SM/WW #12, the kiss drawn by Paulo Siqueira in one of the early issue of the series, and the fanart of SM/WW making fun of Batman. All of them were re-enacted so many times by various cosplayers that I lost count.

Btw, take a look here in the comment section of one of the Rules of Life pics, there's a question to the Dragon Con cosplayers: https://www.instagram.com/p/B2UUf7tApHS/

jurassic_jared01_Do you guys think the DCEU Superman and Wonder Woman should've been a couple?

Listen to them WB, that's your most faithful audience. 😅
    At this point, it’s really no surprise how many people have shown interest in the potential of live action SMWW. There was probably anticipation as well of their interaction. Not only is interest shown daily but it’s guaranteed to have support.

The power level isn't a real issue if Superman comes to visit just to talk. Even if he needs to be more integral to the plot/action, just spilt SM and WW to deal with different threats like recent CBM does (even WW or MoS) to make the supporting casts relevant for the final resolution as much as the main hero.
    Power is never an issue period with SMWW, nor is it that important to them. SMWW main thing is always the emotional and intellectual challenges of being outsiders blending in with the mortal world. If there ever is a joint movie with them, that should be the focus not the physical aspect.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 09-24-2019 at 08:10 AM.

T's T's T's!!!!!! SMWW T's

"Superman and Wonder Woman Couples Shirt . ."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2jNpxmB..._web_copy_link
    I don't recall of seeing those before, it seems to be a new set of couple shirts. 🤔 Most of couple shirts posted online are the usual "he's my Superman/she's my Wonder Woman" and WW lassoing flying SM.

Power is never an issue period with SMWW, nor is it that important to them. SMWW main thing is always the emotional and intellectual challenges of being outsiders blending in with the mortal world. If there ever is a joint movie with them, that should be the focus not the physical aspect.
    In a joint movie, you'll get them tag teaming. No worries of one character overshadowing the other like for their solos. 😅

"Wonder Woman and Superman Kingdom Come : It was Wonder Woman who brought Superman the news of the Kansas disaster and convinced him to return to the outside world. She was recruited by Superman for his 'Justice League' working as his second in command. She worked with Superman to rebuild the Justice League and oversaw many of the organization's operations in the field. While she proved a very effective warrior she was also bloodthirsty and brutal taking harsh measures against enemies. Her approach concerned Superman who wanted a gentler approach.

Soon the Gulag was built to contain the enemies the League caught. Just as quickly, the inmates revolted and a war broke out on the grounds of the prison. The human government of the United Nations proceeded to drop a nuclear bomb, and she fought in Kansas, where she was saved from the United Nations strike by Green Lanterns Alan Scott and Jade. After this, she was one of the metahumans who proceeded to petition the U.N. for membership of a metahuman state. Her royal rank was returned to her as well. She and Superman proceeded to begin a romantic relationship and eventually married having five children. She also repaired her friendship with Bruce Wayne. With them, she will attend Batman's funeral in twenty years. She will remain with Superman for the rest of her natural life."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2uArxBo..._web_copy_link

"Superman and Wonder Woman Kingdom Come"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2tuM1yo..._web_copy_link

I wonder ... how long will DC / WB ignore the fans' desire for a Kingdom Come live action? The timing is perfect, Cavill is the best Superman (physically speaking) since Reeve, Gadot is a good WW her way, I see no problem to find a good middle-aged/older actor to play Batman ... the pubic WANT Kingdom Come , KC is the only DC saga that can match the Marvel Infinite Saga. I don't know if Marvel listened to the fans in choosing their saga, if there was some kind of research or if it was something more internal, among the writers and directors but in the case of DC it is the audience that cries out.
    OMG!!!

Look at them. Wow.

WHy. Why. WHY.

I mean I know why, but still. WHY have we not had a gradual build toward Kingdom Come as the last chap of the DCU?!!! Thematically and realistically it makes the most sense. Instead we get stuff that was never canon from Snyder and whole stalling and flunking of a verse. If DC and WB and all those involved had been faithful to the canon, stood up for the source material (and that included Geoff Johns too who should have been like a Fiege) , from Post Crisis onwards we would have had a better, more stable DCU and by extension Kingdom Come could have easily been adapted in any platform. Be it tv series, animation, AU etc. Marvel could do it, yet DC/WB could not build something strong and struggling to be able to connect with the audiences says a lot about the people working on these properties.
    Last edited by hellacre; 09-24-2019 at 10:59 AM.

Listen to them WB, that's your most faithful audience. ��
    YAYYYYYY!!!

So here is evidence that cosplayers...who know the comics, who go to comic events...who invest time and energy to get to know the character...DO love SMWW together. And we have had images all over this thread of other cosplayers so it is not only one or two people. I will keep saying it, DC are listening only to a limited demo. I would not say they listening to the wrong people because people are entitled to their povs but they have not been looking at the broader picture and the fandom includes more than forums or twitter or blogs with obvious bias for nostalgia. The world is out there and open to cohesive stories and they can tell good fresh ones with SMWW. Not every one is hung up on one way of story telling or wanting one outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    YAYYYYYY!!!

So here is evidence that cosplayers...who know the comics, who go to comic events...who invest time and energy to get to know the character...DO love SMWW together. And we have had images all over this thread of other cosplayers so it is not only one or two people. I will keep saying it, DC are listening only to a limited demo. I would not say they listening to the wrong people because people are entitled to their povs but they have not been looking at the broader picture and the fandom includes more than forums or twitter or blogs with obvious bias for nostalgia. The world is out there and open to cohesive stories and they can tell good fresh ones with SMWW. Not every one is hung up on one way of story telling or wanting one outcome.
    Not just the cosplayers love them together but also the people who tattoo SM/WW images on their bodies or the couples who choose SM/WW as theme for their wedding. That's even more meaningful than cosplays.

Not just the cosplayers love them together but also the people who tattoo SM/WW images on their bodies or the couples who choose SM/WW as theme for their wedding. That's even more meaningful than cosplays.
    Yet they would rather ignore this.

Or try to dictate like some writers we know who reply to fans queries about smww...you will love what I tell you to love.