Page 362 of 410 FirstFirst ... 262312352358359360361362363364365366372 ... LastLast
Results 5,416 to 5,430 of 6144
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

New couple caricatures:

"Lorna and John (2019) - Lorna got in touch with me asking to do a superhero theme caricature for her and fiance John for their wedding day on 7th September. The response was fantastic! Congratulations to you both 😀"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2LnUoRgEaS/

"Happy Birthday to YOU 🎂🎂"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2ZlJOZpymW/

"I will be your Wonder Woman if you be my Superman!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B22SsWvljS5/

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    My only concern re Routh is ...1 it is the CW...the story telling does not appeal to many people, even many comic fans do not like it. I'm sorry but I caught snippets of their stuff and the whole plotting and sometimes action leaves a lot to be desired. They obvious put a lot of effort in making the suit look like a KC one. It's as if a great suit will be wasted.

2. Obviously using the KC suit for the same standard stuff we constantly see. I don't think WB and DC seem to grasp that KC is a gateway for a lot of new fans. MANY people finally empathized, understood Superman with this story and became fans of DC because of it. The story is a complex one that has truly stood the test of time and in fact seems more relevant now as well. The usual stuff is not helping Superman. It's too vanilla. Not in a landscape with so many action/ scif fi and fantasy genres giving DC competition. It's why we are where we are with Superman. This tendency to do rehashed stuff. So say they use Routh in some capacity but then it is to just ape what Heochlin is doing is a waste. People wants something fresh. Something that stands out.

A KC adaptation would imo.
    CW is using the KC suit just to generate buzz, isn't it?

The implications that Routh could be the same Kal of Superman Returns makes little sense for me. If you decide to use the KC suit, it's better you are thinking of paying homage to the key elements of the original story more than using just its costume to generate buzz.

Speaking of key elements... the relationship between Superman and Wonder Woman is central to the story of KC: Diana is the only person Clark interacts with during his self imposed exile. She is the one reminds him why he's needed, pushing him out of retirement (that's when he starts wearing that suit). Together they become the leaders of the superhero community, and their union (and child) at the end of the story is a symbol of a new hope and a better tomorrow after the internal and external conflicts were resolved.

The book was also instrumental to raise Diana's profile presenting her as a major player in the DCU along with SM and BM. That eventually led DC to push the Trinity concept in subsequent years.

Kingdom Come is more than a suit or a story just about a sad Superman.

I always feel Wonder Woman gets a raw deal across the board. Created since 1941 and only 2 actresses (Lynda and Gal) have played her is RIDICULOUS while BM and SM have so many incarnations. Glen is doing Bruce, so maybe we can just have a Clark Kent...and then a Diana Prince. Maybe we can see them just in civilian ids. I mean Clark prob would not be be at the Planet anymore. If Bruce is in his late 50ties to 60, then so is Clark and his peers.
    There are more actresses that played WW in unaired pilots than actually on-screen. 🙄

Btw, I think Titans' Clark will be in his 40s at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

The implications that Routh could be the same Kal of Superman Returns makes little sense for me. If you decide to use the KC suit, it's better you are thinking of paying homage to the key elements of the original story more than using just its costume to generate buzz.

Speaking of key elements... the relationship between Superman and Wonder Woman is central to the story of KC: Diana is the only person Clark interacts with during his self imposed exile. She is the one reminds him why he's needed, pushing him out of retirement (that's when he starts wearing that suit). Together they become the leaders of the superhero community, and their union (and child) at the end of the story is a symbol of a new hope and a better tomorrow after the internal and external conflicts were resolved.

The book was also instrumental to raise Diana's profile presenting her as a major player in the DCU along with SM and BM. That eventually led DC to push the Trinity concept in subsequent years.

There are more actresses that played WW in unaired pilots than actually on-screen. ��

Yes to all the above. Esp the ratings bit. I mean, was there really any need to bring in KC Superman? No. They could have had the older one from the COIE itself. Yet I am sure they know he would not have created the hype. Look at IG & twitter and you will see the reaction to Routh and clamoring for him as SM or a KC adaptation. I hope WB takes note.

I recall them at SDCC saying WB also retires suits after use which is why Routh can't use the Returns one...the very idea they might retire the KC suit for a Returns version to get a glorified cameo is a disservice to the KC story. I never embraced the idea that Routh's Returns version could be Reeves. I don't know why this insistence to lump a badly told and received movie with Reeves'.

DC/WB should try to simply ignore Returns and get on with it. Pretend Returns never happened.

KC Superman as you pointed out also has a lot of events in his life that leads to his enforced retirement ( he was forced out by the public rejecting him and his methods when they embraced Magog and his Justice Battalion as Metropolis' protectors) and he does not have any kid. The whole point of him and Diana having a child at the end fulfills the "Baby ever after" and "power of love" troupes. They earned their happiness and gives the reader a sense of satisfaction and the real aww factor. It's a miracle for this man who is the last of his race who never believed he could even have a child, and therefore it feels as if after all he has been through, he somehow has been given renewed life and love and purpose. You feel so happy for him and Diana. The the child is a symbol of hope and the future. Clark and Diana and Bruce are the Trinity and they are going to be raising this child. This is an important part. It gives even older Batman hope and renewed purpose too and cements the love, trust and faith the Trinity have for each other.

Yes to all the above. Esp the ratings bit. I mean, was there really any need to bring in KC Superman? No. They could have had the older one from the COIE itself. Yet I am sure they know he would not have created the hype. Look at IG & twitter and you will see the reaction to Routh and clamoring for him as SM or a KC adaptation. I hope WB takes note.
    People are asking for a KC adaptation since ever. I'm not surprised of the reactions.

I recall them at SDCC saying WB also retires suits after use which is why Routh can't use the Returns one...the very idea they might retire the KC suit for a Returns version to get a glorified cameo is a disservice to the KC story. I never embraced the idea that Routh's Returns version could be Reeves. I don't know why this insistence to lump a badly told and received movie with Reeves'.

DC/WB should try to simply ignore Returns and get on with it. Pretend Returns never happened.
    Returns is a forgettable movie considered a mistake by its own director, it would be insulting associating to it anything from a beloved masterpiece like KC.

KC Superman as you pointed out also has a lot of events in his life that leads to his enforced retirement ( he was forced out by the public rejecting him and his methods when they embraced Magog and his Justice Battalion as Metropolis' protectors) and he does not have any kid. The whole point of him and Diana having a child at the end fulfills the "Baby ever after" and "power of love" troupes. They earned their happiness and gives the reader a sense of satisfaction and the real aww factor. It's a miracle for this man who is the last of his race who never believed he could even have a child, and therefore it feels as if after all he has been through, he somehow has been given renewed life and love and purpose. You feel so happy for him and Diana. The the child is a symbol of hope and the future. Clark and Diana and Bruce are the Trinity and they are going to be raising this child. This is an important part. It gives even older Batman hope and renewed purpose too and cements the love, trust and faith the Trinity have for each other.
    Hope they'll have the decency to not steal these poignant story elements to give them to something else to add insult to the injury. We aren't asking for much.

People are asking for a KC adaptation since ever. I'm not surprised of the reactions.

Returns is a forgettable movie considered a mistake by its own director, it would be insulting associating to it anything from a beloved masterpiece like KC.

Hope they'll have the decency to not steal these poignant story elements to give them to something else to add insult to the injury. We aren't asking for much.
    No we are not. The ultimate high in being a fan of anything is seeing a story come to life. We tend to even be denied that. And the reasons given are so weak given they have no rules like that for anyone else and a multiverse.

Drawings by Michael, Tobias Pilachowski and J_M_N:

"#superman #wonderwoman #love"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B25tsbwgNf6/

"Seeing the new suit on @brandonjrouth I kinda wanna go back and make this Kingdom Come and Earth One based design I had sketched a while back."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B27Uee-D300/

"Made this one of Wonder Woman for 'Justice League: The new Frontier' because this scene traumatised me as a kid so I hope to share some of that trauma with y'all 😁 Made with acrylics and took about 4-5 hours. #wonderwomanandsuperman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2865EBgBFZ/

There are more actresses that played WW in unaired pilots than actually on-screen. 🙄

Facts:

Yes, KC suit is being used to generate commentary and attract viewers because DC knows that KC is his best story, his Masterpiece, a work that borders on perfection.

Without Diana there is no Kingdom Come, she is the central character although not the most exposed. It is her feelings, her actions that guide the story. Without her, SM would never come out of exile, never mature, would never come out of the shell of sorrow he came to live. Unfortunately SM is the kind of man who matures only by his love relationships and Diana is his safe haven, his maturity, his truth and his self-knowledge. Through her he finally understands and accepts who he is and what his role in the world is, only she can do that because only she can understand the magnitude of his reach.

Another fact that must be said: what made SM abandon humanity was not the violent death of his wife but the choice humanity made, the way Magog took to do justice with his own hands that drove him out of the world and, after his removal the only person he still saw, who still visited him, and who, in the novelization, became his lover, was Diana. She was the one who had never given up on him, who continued to love him even when he gave up on everything and would always continue even if he had not returned. Through her love and patience Diana healed him from pain, loss and resentment ... KC is a story of hope, perseverance and love, KC tells everyone who has lost a loved one to grief, to suffer but after that heal yourself, open your heart 'cause love doesn't die, sometimes love is at your side, is a person who can make you happy again, I'm sure if the deceased really loved Clark she would be very happy to find out that he loved again and was happy again ... if there was true love there was no room for selfishness. Honor loved ones by continuing to love because no two loves are alike, they are all high quality and of equal value.

Oh, they still alive after that blast...? Welp next of something, they won’t, I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Facts:

Yes, KC suit is being used to generate commentary and attract viewers because DC knows that KC is his best story, his Masterpiece, a work that borders on perfection.

Without Diana there is no Kingdom Come, she is the central character although not the most exposed. It is her feelings, her actions that guide the story. Without her, SM would never come out of exile, never mature, would never come out of the shell of sorrow he came to live. Unfortunately SM is the kind of man who matures only by his love relationships and Diana is his safe haven, his maturity, his truth and his self-knowledge. Through her he finally understands and accepts who he is and what his role in the world is, only she can do that because only she can understand the magnitude of his reach.

Another fact that must be said: what made SM abandon humanity was not the violent death of his wife but the choice humanity made, the way Magog took to do justice with his own hands that drove him out of the world and, after his removal the only person he still saw, who still visited him, and who, in the novelization, became his lover, was Diana. She was the one who had never given up on him, who continued to love him even when he gave up on everything and would always continue even if he had not returned. Through her love and patience Diana healed him from pain, loss and resentment ... KC is a story of hope, perseverance and love, KC tells everyone who has lost a loved one to grief, to suffer but after that heal yourself, open your heart 'cause love doesn't die, sometimes love is at your side, is a person who can make you happy again, I'm sure if the deceased really loved Clark she would be very happy to find out that he loved again and was happy again ... if there was true love there was no room for selfishness. Honor loved ones by continuing to love because no two loves are alike, they are all high quality and of equal value.
    In a back and forth on twitter, the CW shows producer acknowledged the reasons for Superman's retirement, he didn't misinterpret that part of the book. Hope he can recognize also the other points of the story that we are reiterating here. 😉

About SM/WW relationship in KC... in the original pitch, they were supposed to be a couple living together since the beginning of the story, but the more Ross/Waid were working on it, they decided that SM was going to be depicted as a retired hero and their romantic relationship ended up downplayed because of it. This makes look them getting together more as a culmination of a journey, overcoming the internal conflicts that kept them apart (romantically).

Wonder Woman & Superman Magnetic Salt & Pepper Shakers Westland Giftware

“Latest new #WonderWoman purchase was this ceramic salt and pepper shaker set with #Superman.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3CUyW5HD4g/

In a back and forth on twitter, the CW shows producer acknowledged the reasons for Superman's retirement, he didn't misinterpret that part of the book. Hope he can recognize also the other points of the story that we are reiterating here. ��

If he understood the story, the causes and consequences. he understood and interpreted everything as it is here ... it does not have to be a genius to understand that any alteration would change the meaning and course of the plot, so it would change the ending and message of the plot.

About SM/WW relationship in KC... in the original pitch, they were supposed to be a couple living together since the beginning of the story, but the more Ross/Waid were working on it, they decided that SM was going to be depicted as a retired hero and their romantic relationship ended up downplayed because of it. This makes look them getting together more as a culmination of a journey, overcoming the internal conflicts that kept them apart (romantically).

I do not question the direction that history has taken since I believe that good stories have a life of their own and the writers are more guided by them than they are guides .... anyway the result was magnificent ... but on second thought we could have KC side B with the original story! Kkkkkkkkkkkkk

If he understood the story, the causes and consequences. he understood and interpreted everything as it is here ... it does not have to be a genius to understand that any alteration would change the meaning and course of the plot, so it would change the ending and message of the plot.
    What he'll show of the original story, it will also depend a lot on how extensive KC Supes' role in the crossover is, and how much will be devoted to his backstory. And, if he's set to be seen again to expand his story.

I do not question the direction that history has taken since I believe that good stories have a life of their own and the writers are more guided by them than they are guides .... anyway the result was magnificent ... but on second thought we could have KC side B with the original story! Kkkkkkkkkkkkk
    Well, a proper follow up to KC could easily cover the "couple living together" part without rewriting the original. 😅

What he'll show of the original story, it will also depend a lot on how extensive KC Supes' role in the crossover is, and how much will be devoted to his backstory. And, if he's set to be seen again to expand his story.
    I don't believe they show much or even touch their story because there is simply not enough time to tell something as grand as COIE in one or two episodes of tv series, I believe KC SM (if it is him) will pass the screen quickly but boy did you see the excitement on the internet? Several people asking for an adaptation, a KC movie! I am impressed!

Well, a proper follow up to KC could easily cover the "couple living together" part without rewriting the original. 😅
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh come on!!! It would be super extra fun a B side version of Kingdom Come where they would already be living together !!!!!! Make no mistake there is enough public for this! KC can be cult and popular at the same time !!!!! Also has room for an extended version !!!! But one other thing, let's not forget that Kingdom Come's 25th birthday is in 2021! Maybe we will have big surprises this year.

I don't believe they show much or even touch their story because there is simply not enough time to tell something as grand as COIE in one or two episodes of tv series, I believe KC SM (if it is him) will pass the screen quickly but boy did you see the excitement on the internet? Several people asking for an adaptation, a KC movie! I am impressed!
    That's a positive thing anyway. People doing these shows will notice there's an interest for a KC adaptation.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh come on!!! It would be super extra fun a B side version of Kingdom Come where they would already be living together !!!!!! Make no mistake there is enough public for this! KC can be cult and popular at the same time !!!!! Also has room for an extended version !!!!
    Like a Kingdom Come - Director's Cut? 😂

But one other thing, let's not forget that Kingdom Come's 25th birthday is in 2021! Maybe we will have big surprises this year.
    DC will finally decide to milk KC and launch sequels and spin-offs of that 'verse. 😜