Page 373 of 410 FirstFirst ... 273323363369370371372373374375376377383 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,595 of 6144
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Diana and Kal meeting/teaming up in today's Superman - Year One #3 by Miller/Romita Jr.:

"He leaves his Amazon Queen behind him... and a big chunk of himself with her. Do not forget me, he prays. I may be gone a very long time. Do not forsake me."

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-16-2019 at 12:28 PM.

Thank you, Last Son!
    Frank Miller and Romita Jr. did a great job portraying Superman as he really should be! Not the government dog, not any woman's little poodle, not as a simplistic country boy.
    And I can wait for a Superman Year 2 and a Year 3 and, yes, now more than ever we need a Wonder Woman Year One with Frank Miller and maybe Brian Azzarello . WW needs to be portrayed in a dignified and correct manner! DC needs to redeem itself for the stupidity and murder they committed with the character in Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

As a whole, Year One hit the usual basics of Superman’s origin. A little too on the nose with some things, some things taken way out of proportion, some things I would’ve reduced or cut out completely. However, Superman/Clark/Kal-El was written as he should. By no means was it perfect but it set a base. He had confidence and embraced his heritage. He loves his powers but it’s not that he thinks he is better or sees himself as a God. We got space “Moses” instead of space “Jesus”. Clark Kent was the “mask” to blend in, not fit in. He wasn’t the government stooge everyone thought which is directly pointed out.

"He leaves his Amazon Queen behind him... and a big chunk of himself with her." I love this quote.

The Wonder Woman rebirth suit is totally throwing this off to be DK Universe, however maybe the suit is now universal?

It seemed that parts of this meeting was missing because their dialogue after seemed too close and much more personal. The kiss on the forehead...of course there is always a distinctive meaning behind everything with SMWW whether intentional or not. A kiss on the forehead means respect first and foremost and that’s the way it should be between Kal and Diana. Would’ve liked for more interaction before hand but it was still sweet. Also seems like this issue ending was more set up for “Year Two” if it is to be.

Diana is written far better than All-Star. Possible Azzarello influence from DKIII? She is written as she should be. Nothing radical only reacting to Lex.

Also big ups to Superman not getting punked by Batman. It only confirms everything before was written with Batman’s POV but no matter who’s POV it is, Miller’s Batman is still a psychopath. 🤣

New couple caricatures:

"#superman #wonderwoman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2owdukBbtM/

"Happy Wedding day @chrismpchandler you superman you! 👰🤵 #supermanxwonderwoman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2mZVe4HNdg/

"My parents, real life heroes!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2K_vrGhNMy/

"#superman #wonderwoman #art"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3Pr0IYhZMV/

"Personalized Illustration "

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3nipzZhEwE/

"My latest commission done for @francigo1 🌞"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B29V7PlinY_/

I will leave my full thoughts later.

This has now concretely linked to Miller's DK verse. Frank is giving us bullet points. Building a skeleton but progressively putting the flesh on. It can be a bit jarring if you want more. But I think it is deliberate. Also I felt this could have gone to 4 or 5 issues easy. Esp the Trinity and Luthor bits.

Frank is telling the new readers and reminding the ones who has been with this verse Diana is the one Clark will have a far deeper involvement in no uncertain terms. And those of us who read DK2, DK3 and what we know of the Golden Child...this comes as no shock.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    I will leave my full thoughts later.

This has now concretely linked to Miller's DK verse. Frank is giving us bullet points. Building a skeleton but progressively putting the flesh on. It can be a bit jarring if you want more. But I think it is deliberate. Also I felt this could have gone to 4 or 5 issues easy. Esp the Trinity and Luthor bits.

Frank is telling the new readers and reminding the ones who has been with this verse Diana is the one Clark will have a far deeper involvement in no uncertain terms. And those of us who read DK2, DK3 and what we know of the Golden Child...this comes as no shock.
    And Frank gave Diana such importance that since long (since the beginning of rebirth) she had not! She is the sensible, she is the balance, she is the wise, practically she has consolidated the basis of their fight for justice! It can be said that in just 3 pages she became the most important person for Clark! The image of both side by side with their respective symbols highlighted is the image of DC, the image of what the heroes of DC represent, of their greatest icons, of the ultimate in heroism, justice, truth and love. Miller understands their natural union and tells a great truth when he states that a piece of Clark is in Diana and a piece of Clark is in her (this is quite implied). This is a true and natural love story, you do not need pages and pages to explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Yes! His Clark was so suave.

Well Tony and Yannick already said their art had to be changed/toned down because “too sexy”. Imagine Rocafort 🤣 but hopefully if given a chance, that won’t happen again.
    Give him a Black Label's book. 😜

Right. And that’s what I mean. Even wearing the matching Tshirts. It might just seem like, what’s the big deal of just Tshirts. It’s still the natural gravitation, and the thought, as well as reading the couples’ captions explaining why they chose them or the indirection connection period.
    Yeah, some couples even write mini-essays to explain their connection to SM/WW. lol.

Given that this Diana doesn’t even use the “Prince” ID... pretty sure that was his name until the massive edits.
    Wasn't even revealed a preliminary sketch where he was named Hunter Prince/Kent? Or am I misremembering? 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Thank you, Last Son!
    Frank Miller and Romita Jr. did a great job portraying Superman as he really should be! Not the government dog, not any woman's little poodle, not as a simplistic country boy.
    And I can wait for a Superman Year 2 and a Year 3 and, yes, now more than ever we need a Wonder Woman Year One with Frank Miller and maybe Brian Azzarello . WW needs to be portrayed in a dignified and correct manner! DC needs to redeem itself for the stupidity and murder they committed with the character in Rebirth.
    You're welcome.

Yeah, a Year Two is obviously in the works judging by ending of YO #3.

As a whole, Year One hit the usual basics of Superman’s origin. A little too on the nose with some things, some things taken way out of proportion, some things I would’ve reduced or cut out completely. However, Superman/Clark/Kal-El was written as he should. By no means was it perfect but it set a base. He had confidence and embraced his heritage. He loves his powers but it’s not that he thinks he is better or sees himself as a God. We got space “Moses” instead of space “Jesus”. Clark Kent was the “mask” to blend in, not fit in. He wasn’t the government stooge everyone thought which is directly pointed out.
    I got a Golden Age/NuSuperman vibe by reading the issue.

"He leaves his Amazon Queen behind him... and a big chunk of himself with her." I love this quote.

The Wonder Woman rebirth suit is totally throwing this off to be DK Universe, however maybe the suit is now universal?
    I'm sure a lot of artists prefer drawing that suit.

It seemed that parts of this meeting was missing because their dialogue after seemed too close and much more personal. The kiss on the forehead...of course there is always a distinctive meaning behind everything with SMWW whether intentional or not. A kiss on the forehead means respect first and foremost and that’s the way it should be between Kal and Diana. Would’ve liked for more interaction before hand but it was still sweet. Also seems like this issue ending was more set up for “Year Two” if it is to be.
    I agree that the ending feels rushed. It needed at least 1 issue more to fleshing out the last part and Kal/Diana's meeting.

Diana is written far better than All-Star. Possible Azzarello influence from DKIII? She is written as she should be. Nothing radical only reacting to Lex.
    I think Diana's portrait in previous Miller's books was intentionally over-the-top/parodistic.

Also big ups to Superman not getting punked by Batman. It only confirms everything before was written with Batman’s POV but no matter who’s POV it is, Miller’s Batman is still a psychopath. 🤣
    Reminded me of crazy Batfleck. lol.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-16-2019 at 11:02 AM.

You're welcome.

I agree that the ending feels rushed. It needed at least 1 issue more to fleshing out the last part and Kal/Diana's meeting.

I think Diana's portrait in previous Miller's books was intentionally over-the-top/parodistic.

Reminded me of crazy Batfleck. lol.
    This Diana's uniform is ridiculous, looks like something out of an anime or something but at least Miller remembered that she has the lasso and made her use it!

I think Miller made almost all of his characters extreme in previous stories, it looks like he had the "I don't give af ***" button pressed tight but now with the age and the possibility of consolidation of his universe he calmed down a bit.

New cute SM/WW toys pics:

"#wonderwoman #superman #superfriends #bestfriends"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3JwmdwnJ_H/

"#superman #wonderwoman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2xKehehBhI/

"#superman #wonderwoman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2_sPKGlsPq/

And Frank gave Diana such importance that since long (since the beginning of rebirth) she had not! She is the sensible, she is the balance, she is the wise, practically she has consolidated the basis of their fight for justice! It can be said that in just 3 pages she became the most important person for Clark! The image of both side by side with their respective symbols highlighted is the image of DC, the image of what the heroes of DC represent, of their greatest icons, of the ultimate in heroism, justice, truth and love. Miller understands their natural union and tells a great truth when he states that a piece of Clark is in Diana and a piece of Clark is in her (this is quite implied). This is a true and natural love story, you do not need pages and pages to explain it.

Like I said. It’s not perfect by any means. Obviously 3 issues wasn’t enough, definitely needed fleshing out more, however, Diana’s importance is acknowledged and that’s the main focus. Something that hasn’t been in a while. Even her own book has been incredibly problematic and her general treatment since rebirth.

Give him a Black Label's book. 😜
    Oh please!! 😍

Yeah, some couples even write mini-essays to explain their connection to SM/WW. lol.
    Yes! The spiritual connection gives so many feels!

Wasn't even revealed a preliminary sketch where he was named Hunter Prince/Kent? Or am I misremembering? 🤔
    Yes but then even that was changed to just say “Hunter Prince” once it was decided to change/edit the overall story.

Space adventure! Yay! But hoping if it’s 3 issues, the pages are used wisely because this also had the problem of dragging stuff unnecessarily causing other parts to be rushed.

The kind of character vibes we need.

Sure, it can be a preference but it’s not the suit of this verse 🤔

Yes. It’s quite obvious, definitely should’ve extended to 4.

PsychoBat POV 🤣

This Diana's uniform is ridiculous, looks like something out of an anime or something but at least Miller remembered that she has the lasso and made her use it!
    It works on live action but it's too overcomplicate to draw for most artists.

I think Miller made almost all of his characters extreme in previous stories, it looks like he had the "I don't give af ***" button pressed tight but now with the age and the possibility of consolidation of his universe he calmed down a bit.
    Glad he improved his portraits of both SM and WW.

Yes but then even that was changed to just say “Hunter Prince” once it was decided to change/edit the overall story.
    Hmmm... this character feels like a mystery that has yet to be solved. 🤔

Space adventure! Yay! But hoping if it’s 3 issues, the pages are used wisely because this also had the problem of dragging stuff unnecessarily causing other parts to be rushed.
    If it'll be all set in the same time period without time jumps, the problem will not be there anymore. I'm sure that he'll return from space in 1 issue, and his relationship (platonic or otherwise) with Diana will be better defined in the remanent chapters.

The kind of character vibes we need.
    Agreed.

Sure, it can be a preference but it’s not the suit of this verse 🤔
    Maybe Romita will provide an explanation in an interview.

Glad he improved his portraits of both SM and WW.
    Superman has more of a backbone and Wonder Woman is more balanced calm. Yes. It titters like walking a tightrope rope. And that goes for many writers.

Miller seems to be trying to course correct and do his own revisions that make sense to his own verse sense it’s expanding.

Hmmm... this character feels like a mystery that has yet to be solved. 🤔
    Yep and of course will remain a mystery and unfortunately wasted potential.

If it'll be all set in the same time period without time jumps, the problem will not be there anymore. I'm sure that he'll return from space in 1 issue, and his relationship (platonic or otherwise) with Diana will be better defined in the remanent chapters.
    Would like for it to be platonic slow build to more by 3rd issue. Theres no need to rush and would also like to have Diana’s POV.

Maybe Romita will provide an explanation in an interview.
    Hope so. I understand artist preference. I prefer this tiara than the nose guard tiara. But still, the suit is just way off to this verse

Superman has more of a backbone and Wonder Woman is more balanced calm. Yes. It titters like walking a tightrope rope. And that goes for many writers.

Miller seems to be trying to course correct and do his own revisions that make sense to his own verse sense it’s expanding.
    Pretty much. He needs to improve the weird narration next. 😂

Yep and of course will remain a mystery and unfortunately wasted potential.
    One of the many wasted opportunities in SM/WW history.

Would like for it to be platonic slow build to more by 3rd issue. Theres no need to rush and would also like to have Diana’s POV.
    Seconded. Even if it feels it was already rushed in the current issue due to Miller's writing being over-melodramatic.