Page 4 of 267 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 3992
  1. #46
    Astonishing Member LoveStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,494

    Default

    More couples starting the new year with Superman/Wonder Woman love and motivation!


    “Starting 2019 with my superhero 🌟”

    https://www.instagram.com/p/BsHD-g0lN7U/

    ”Starting #2019 as #superheros #superman #wonderwoman #makeeverydaycount #relationshipgoals”

    https://www.instagram.com/p/BsGx1NknQgw/

    ”Wonder Woman & Clark Kent 🕺💃”

    https://www.instagram.com/p/BsGOqRaHht5/

  2. #47
    Extraordinary Member hellacre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Exactly! Diana is a humanitarian! Why is it bad she wants to help people, especially the women and children of other countries? Contrived conflict. Clark should be using his super abilities and writing skills to travel the world and open eyes to the broader aspects of the world to the stories that don’t get the attention needed. He and Diana helping all around and telling of their experiences. It’s not about awards, it shouldn’t be about awards. It’s about making a true change for the better. It’s about bringing people to a united understanding and honestly, I haven’t seen a compelling story in which that has been shown. Articles of praising Superman? Nah, that doesn’t work anymore.

    Soule had Clark very much interested in what it meant for Diana to be “God of War”. He didn’t have a problem with it at all. Again, picking and turning things upside down for contrived unnecesary conflict.
    I did not want Diana to remain God of War forever but to understand Peace I guess Azz made her need to understand and see the extent of War and try to minimize its effects etc? War can't even be the solution of course but human history has proven that they can't help themselves, they somehow always end up in conflict. But as God of War she was able to get into the heads of soldiers and hear their thoughts etc. Imagine that is almost like having a form of super hearing. She would actually understand what someone like Clark goes through when the barrage of voices come at him. I'd have also loved her dealing with child soldiers. New 52 Clark could have written about the impact of war on children, on people, on countries, on soldier on missions. Instead DC seem to prefer flag waving about old wars that were actually unethical and ended up messing up many people's lives including the men who fought in them. And definitely not flying into other countries just to save one person while happy to ignore everything else. I loved Spirit of Truth and Peace on Earth by Dini and Ross, and The New Frontier and KC . They handled these gray , wider world situations well. And there is a natural overlap with SM and WW and Clark Kent and Ambassador Diana in such situations. You can do one issue stories with these themes that can really make these characters seem compassionate and caring and empathetic and in touch.

  3. #48
    Extraordinary Member hellacre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    More couples starting the new year with Superman/Wonder Woman love and motivation!


    “Starting 2019 with my superhero ��”

    https://www.instagram.com/p/BsHD-g0lN7U/

    ”Starting #2019 as #superheros #superman #wonderwoman #makeeverydaycount #relationshipgoals”

    https://www.instagram.com/p/BsGx1NknQgw/

    ”Wonder Woman & Clark Kent ����”

    https://www.instagram.com/p/BsGOqRaHht5/
    Wow. Nice. The robes! I love that the merchants and designers always seem to know to make Clark as Blue and Diana as Red. Red, Blue and Yellow (Gold) are the SMWW colors. See? Everything SMWW happens naturally, organically and as if by fate and feels like serendipity.
    Last edited by hellacre; 01-01-2019 at 06:07 PM.

  4. #49
    Astonishing Member LoveStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Another feature of SMWW-inspired couples is the freshness and sense of humor! Always in high spirits and doing good!
    Yes! Pure joy and happiness! 🤗

    Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    I did not want Diana to remain God of War forever but to understand Peace I guess Azz made her need to understand and see the extent of War and try to minimize its effects etc? War can't even be the solution of course but human history has proven that they can't help themselves, they somehow always end up in conflict. But as God of War she was able to get into the heads of soldiers and hear their thoughts etc. Imagine that is almost like having a form of super hearing. She would actually understand what someone like Clark goes through when the barrage of voices come at him. I'd have also loved her dealing with child soldiers. New 52 Clark could have written about the impact of war on children, on people, on countries, on soldier on missions. Instead DC seem to prefer flag waving about old wars that were actually unethical and ended up messing up many people's lives including the men who fought in them. And definitely not flying into other countries just to save one person while happy to ignore everything else. I loved Spirit of Truth and Peace on Earth by Dini and Ross, and The New Frontier and KC . They handled these gray , wider world situations well. And there is a natural overlap with SM and WW and Clark Kent and Ambassador Diana in such situations. You can do one issue stories with these themes that can really make these characters seem compassionate and caring and empathetic and in touch.


    We need this! We really really need this!! These are the stories that should be written involving Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El and Wonder Woman/Diana Prince/Diana of Themyscira. Not understanding why this is not being tapped into especially during this time.

    I think when these situations were tapped in to with the stories you named, those writers had the confidence to take on the challenge and really think creatively. Most writers now want as easy and as basic as they can get. LOL

    The God of War aspect of course was temporary but should’ve been explored just as you described. I believe there was a story shelved with new52 Superman and Black Lightening In relation to BLM. I think the reason it was shelved because they decided instead to do “Truth” but this story still should’ve been published. “Truth” should’ve been just as thought provoking, opening for the newer era instead of turning into a dramatic mess that it did. Even being fiction, these characters’ purpose are suppose to tap into a little bit of real world situations, and give thought provoking stories.

    “If children will read comics [...] isn't it advisable to give them some constructive comics to read? [...] The wish to be super strong is a healthy wish, a vital compelling, power-producing desire. The more the Superman-Wonder Woman picture stories build this innner compulsion by stimulating the child's natural longing to battle and overcome obstacles, particularly evil ones, the better the better chance your child has for self-advancement in the world. Certainly there can be no arguement about the advisability of strengthening the fundamental human desire, too often buried beneath stultifying divertissments and disguises, to see god overcome evil.”

    Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Wow. Nice. The robes! I love that the merchants and designers always seem to know to make Clark as Blue and Diana as Red. Red, Blue and Yellow (Gold) are the SMWW colors. See? Everything SMWW happens naturally, organically and as if by fate and feels like serendipity.
    Yep exactly! Two sides of the same coin, the answer and counter part to one another. From the smallest to larger details, Superman and Wonder Woman are a natural fit.

    “Women's strong qualities have become despised because of their weakness. The obvious remedy is to create a feminine character with all the strength of Superman plus all the allure of a good and beautiful woman.” -William Moulton Marston

  5. #50
    Mighty Member Deiasilva10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,025

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Wow. Nice. The robes! I love that the merchants and designers always seem to know to make Clark as Blue and Diana as Red. Red, Blue and Yellow (Gold) are the SMWW colors. See? Everything SMWW happens naturally, organically and as if by fate and feels like serendipity.
    Naturally, organically and in a balanced way!

  6. #51
    Astonishing Member LoveStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,494

    Default

    Superman and Wonder Woman by Drawings-forever
    V
    https://www.deviantart.com/drawings-...olor-778484489


    https://www.instagram.com/p/BsAOMVElKED/

    Very neat to have the real couple’s various of pics in the background

    https://www.instagram.com/p/BsD6b0YhUHq/

  7. #52
    Mighty Member Deiasilva10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,025

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Superman and Wonder Woman by Drawings-forever
    V
    https://www.deviantart.com/drawings-...olor-778484489


    https://www.instagram.com/p/BsAOMVElKED/

    Very neat to have the real couple’s various of pics in the background

    https://www.instagram.com/p/BsD6b0YhUHq/
    Romantic, strong, pure and real!!! All versions of SMWW are more than simple beautiful versions, they are full of symbolism and feelings! Even if the story told in the book tries to say the opposite, the poses, body language says something else, says they complete Each other!

  8. #53
    Astonishing Member LoveStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Romantic, strong, pure and real!!! All versions of SMWW are more than simple beautiful versions, they are full of symbolism and feelings! Even if the story told in the book tries to say the opposite, the poses, body language says something else, says they complete Each other!
    Having a healthy mentally and emotionally stable relationship/dynamic which is built on the balance of commonness and differences, absolute truth/honesty and the bond of friendship...is too much like right. But that’s just within the uncreative limitation of comics. Beyond, as we see, of course this relationship/dynamic is valued.

  9. #54
    Extraordinary Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    9,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    LOL 😏 no shame, no denying! I’m really hoping one day he can!
    #bringbacksouleatdc

    Because it’s their thing! 😂 it HAS to be mentioned!
    lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    We need this! We really really need this!! These are the stories that should be written involving Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El and Wonder Woman/Diana Prince/Diana of Themyscira. Not understanding why this is not being tapped into especially during this time.

    I think when these situations were tapped in to with the stories you named, those writers had the confidence to take on the challenge and really think creatively. Most writers now want as easy and as basic as they can get. LOL
    I think most authors aren't invested into these characters as the fans that love so much their favourites to come up with new situations for them.

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Very neat to have the real couple’s various of pics in the background

    https://www.instagram.com/p/BsD6b0YhUHq/
    Don't tell me that this scene from Injustice has the chance to become another popular SM/WW image. 😅

  10. #55
    Astonishing Member LoveStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    #bringbacksouleatdc
    Poetic....

    I think most authors aren't invested into these characters as the fans that love so much their favourites to come up with new situations for them.
    what they doing now isn’t exactly showing any kind of investment or relevance. The “basic” and “safe” mentality is more hurting than anything. What makes these characters who they are, the dynamics that are relevant to them are vastly ignored for unjustifiable reasonings.

    Don't tell me that this scene from Injustice has the chance to become another popular SM/WW image. 😅
    Sweet dream from a horrible verse 🙁
    But as I said, basically every romantic image of SMWW becomes popular

  11. #56
    Extraordinary Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    9,423

    Default

    SM/WW toys photography:

    "Thank you @nerdcore.photo.play for this thoughtful and amazing gift. A great representation of who we are, what we do and what we love. It was a great year for toy collecting/photography. Can’t wait for new hauls in the coming new year ahead."



    https://www.instagram.com/p/BsB55TNHLHv/

    "Honeymoon"



    https://www.instagram.com/p/Br9X4fDAKxQ/

    "Broken Heart. 💔"



    https://www.instagram.com/p/BrjZQ95g2vq/

  12. #57
    Astonishing Member LoveStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    SM/WW toys photography:

    "Thank you @nerdcore.photo.play for this thoughtful and amazing gift. A great representation of who we are, what we do and what we love. It was a great year for toy collecting/photography. Can’t wait for new hauls in the coming new year ahead."



    https://www.instagram.com/p/BsB55TNHLHv/
    This is so sweet!

    Every time I see Darwyn’s SMWW, can’t help but think of the variant. They are such softies. Especially Diana being fierce and strong but when it some to her Kal she’s so gentle like.

    Clark: “Diana, I have to tell you something.”

    Diana: “What is it?”

    Clark: “I ate the last bit of ice cream and forgot to buy more.”

    Diana: **cries**

    LOL but forreal... Dangit Clark, get it together!

  13. #58
    Extraordinary Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    9,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Poetic....
    It was involuntary.

    what they doing now isn’t exactly showing any kind of investment or relevance. The “basic” and “safe” mentality is more hurting than anything. What makes these characters who they are, the dynamics that are relevant to them are vastly ignored for unjustifiable reasonings.
    I was thinking about Bruce Timm's quotes about Superman that were linked in another thread. He said that Superman is outdated, uncool, etc. (of course, he didn't see Diana any better). How many time we heard this kind of comments from authors that are clearly unable to see the potential of these characters?

    Sweet dream from a horrible verse 🙁
    But as I said, basically every romantic image of SMWW becomes popular
    I'm sure that are also non-romantic SM/WW images that became popular too even if I can't think of one right now. 🤔

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Every time I see Darwyn’s SMWW, can’t help but think of the variant. They are such softies. Especially Diana being fierce and strong but when it some to her Kal she’s so gentle like.
    Love that variant... another popular SM/WW image. 😉

    Clark: “Diana, I have to tell you something.”

    Diana: “What is it?”

    Clark: “I ate the last bit of ice cream and forgot to buy more.”

    Diana: **cries**
    🤭

    LOL but forreal... Dangit Clark, get it together!
    Maybe there'll be a reconciliation in one of the next posts of the same account? 🤔

  14. #59
    Astonishing Member LoveStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It was involuntary.
    True, but it’s just something telling

    I was thinking about Bruce Timm's quotes about Superman that were linked in another thread. He said that Superman is outdated, uncool, etc. (of course, he didn't see Diana any better). How many time we heard this kind of comments from authors that are clearly unable to see the potential of these characters?
    Well...stop adapting and writing basic uninspiring stories repeatedly 🤣 I really don’t understand this contradicting logic.

    I'm sure that are also non-romantic SM/WW images that became popular too even if I can't think of one right now. 🤔
    A couple of SMWW fighting-action panels. And it’s not romantic, more comforting and consoling but the image of Clark embracing Diana I think because Hippolyta died and Clark crying on Diana’s shoulder because of Pa Kent’s death.

    Love that variant... another popular SM/WW image. 😉
    Yes!! 😍

    Maybe there'll be a reconciliation in one of the next posts of the same account? 🤔
    Clark with buckets of ice cream please!! Hehe

  15. #60
    Extraordinary Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    9,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Well...stop adapting and writing basic uninspiring stories repeatedly 🤣 I really don’t understand this contradicting logic.
    Well, if a writer doesn't get past his prejudices about a character, it'll be hard writing anything remotely inspired.

    A couple of SMWW fighting-action panels. And it’s not romantic, more comforting and consoling but the image of Clark embracing Diana I think because Hippolyta died and Clark crying on Diana’s shoulder because of Pa Kent’s death.
    Thanks for remind me of them... the latter became a "friend-zone" meme too.



    🤣

    Clark with buckets of ice cream please!! Hehe
    Only if the buckets of ice cream are available in toy form. 😝

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •