Page 405 of 410 FirstFirst ... 305355395401402403404405406407408409 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,075 of 6144
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Pop-Art paintings by Tommy Reeves, Joe Murtagh and Chris Larson:

"For the ultimate POWER COUPLE! “Prince from another planet” & “Wonderful Woman” #elvis #marilynmonroe #superman #wonderwoman #powercouple"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5a4qycH3qZ/

"First time I've sold these as prints! 'O Superman' & 'She's A Wonder' 🔥"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5aRxwHHqTF/

"All Women are Wonder Woman - re-imagining Roy Lichtenstein’s original work. Thank you Rolf Benz for exhibiting in your Soho showroom. #wonderwoman #superman #diversity #feministart"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5ObxSVBpcl/

Translated Pre-CCXP interview from Estadão

https://cultura.estadao.com.br/notic...19,70003112440

Frank Miller's meeting with Rafael Grampá will be one of the highlights of the CCXP19
    In conversation with the audience, the duo will reveal details of the BOM “The Dark Knight Returns: The Golden Child”

An affectionate hug on Wednesday will mean more than the reunion of two friends who haven't seen each other since July - in a way it will also kick off the informal start of Comic Con Experience 2019, or CCXP19, as it already is. known one of the biggest celebrations of pop culture on the planet and starting on Thursday, 5, in Sao Paulo. Yes, because the exchange of affection involves two big names in the party: Brazilian designer Rafael Grampá and American Frank Miller, one of the greatest creators of comics stories today. They will talk to the audience on Sunday, the final day of the event, when they will reveal details of The Dark Knight Returns: The Golden Child, written by Miller and illustrated by Grampá.

The book will not be released in the US until the 11th, but it is already raging among internet fans. All in search of information crumbs that have already been released. “It's a work that directly and bluntly dialogues with the reality of the planet,” says the Brazilian, surprised last week when one of the comic books (featuring Carrie Kelley dressed as a Batman, about to throw a cocktail molotov) was adopted by the Hong Kong rebels.

The Golden Child marks, after three years, Miller's triumphant return to the Dark Knight world and the beginning of the partnership with Grampá, whose incisive, violent but clever trait has awakened admirers like the 63-year-old American. “Rafael was the obvious choice for me to introduce the new generation of heroes who are vigorous and full of promise,” he says. In fact, such a "golden child" is Jonathan Kent, son of Superman and Wonder Woman. Her older sister, Lara, inherited her mother's Amazonian discipline as well as her father's Kryptonian powers. Jonathan had only been a baby for three years and, although still a child, he has now become a powerful presence.

Grampá, now 41, first contacted Miller on Twitter in 2014. “I got into a debate he promoted, but in answering it, Miller marked everyone,” explains Grampá, whose work soon caught the eye because the American noticed the qualities of his drawing and, especially, the intentions of his plots. “As a fan, I sought to understand his trait to insert into mine,” said Grampá, whose Even Delivery album , with groundbreaking graphic experiences, opened the door for him to maintain constant contact with the American. Miller was about to invite Grampá to work on what would be The Golden Child. “He wanted me to move to New York. It wasn't possible, but I traveled there several times, ”recalls Grampá, whose meetings at Miller's studio allowed him to understand what the essence of the new album would be.

“It was 2017 and Miller wanted to portray the various revolutions that were exploding in the world,” says the Brazilian, who designed a demonstration. “Miller liked it and said that would be the cornerstone of the job. So I began to develop what Jonathan would look like, his haircut, the curvature of his shoulders. I also reworked Lara's profile, adding the S to her chest. For that, I had to destroy my trait to get to Miller's - I didn't lose my artistic personality, but I gained new challenges. From now on, I will always destroy my trait before starting a new job.”

The exchange of messages between the two artists became more intense, feverish. In order to get the job done, Grampá secluded himself at a friend's studio in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, where he only thought of drawing. “Miller was asking the comics to reveal this yearning for freedom that grips young people around the world. After all, in the most critical moments of society, it is the comics that inspire the rebellious. First was the V for Vendetta character , now it's the Joker. ”After the drawings were over, Grampá waited anxiously for Miller's script. "It's impactful," he says. "It will provoke more controversy, because it will mess with other people."

The work was born of urgency - Brazilian Rafael Grampá finished the drawings of the book The Dark Knight Returns: The Golden Child exactly on October 3rd. And in early November, it hosted the dialogues created by the American Frank Miller. The book is expected to come out in the US exactly one week from now, on the 11th - there is no forecast for Brazil yet. “It was a thrill to read Frank's story,” says Grampá. “Our album is rock'n'roll with something new. It brings elements of the first Dark Knight , but with more freshness, especially by the influence of this troubled moment in which the world lives today. ”

In fact, the pair ended work as late as possible to capture the pulse of the planet more vigorously. The speech of figures such as the 16-year-old Swedish activist Greta Thunberg, who denounces countries' inefficiencies in combating global warming, for example, was decisive. “Our story has a strong political content and conversation with this awakening of people who stand out,” explains Grampá.

The Golden Child marks Frank Miller's return to the fascinating universe of the Dark Knight, whose current phase began in 1986, when comic book fans around the world were surprised by a fresh look at Batman. At 55, Batman interrupted retirement to fight crime, arousing opposition from the Gotham City police force and the United States government. The story revealed Carrie Kelley as the new Robin and culminated in a confrontation against Superman.

The Dark Knight was a watershed in the world of comics alongside Watchmen , Alan Moore (HQ published in the same year) and Maus , Art Spiegelman (1988), all setting standards for old stories in a universe that was believed essentially juvenile. Thus, consecrated characters were remodeled, gaining more psychological complexity.

Miller published a second volume in 2001, The Dark Knight Strikes Again , which did not thrill critics but gained huge commercial success - the highlight here was the transformation of Carrie Kelley into Batwoman. In 2015, The Dark Knight III: The Master Race was released in nine editions. Here, the reader follows the trajectory of Lara, daughter of Superman and Wonder Woman, who inherited the main powers and qualities. There, Jonathan, Lara's youngest brother, was still a baby, although it was already relevant because it was the cause of a battle between the Amazons and the Kandor Kryptonians.

Finally, in The Golden Child , little Jonathan also takes the lead by revealing a hitherto unknown power that will be decisive against an evil force that once again terrorizes Gotham City - Lara Kent and Carrie Kelley (who has fully assumed the identity of Batwoman) discover the boy's strength and use it in combat. "He has powers far beyond our comprehension," Miller says in an e-mail interview with the state . "About the brothers, I'd say Lara is the strongest, while Jonathan is the wisest."

Asked about the thrill of returning to such an iconic character as Batman, Miller does not hesitate: “He certainly is essential, because, along with Superman and Wonder Woman, they represent a triad of heroes I like to return to. Batman is the one who scares others just because he's the least predictable character. ”

Miller followed and made few suggestions on Grampá's graphic conception of superheroes. His admiration for the Brazilian's work, by the way, unlocks the language: "I wanted to work with Raf as soon as I found out about his work - among the new talents that have sprung up, he's the one that has thrilled me for so long."

The American creator says he is mostly flattered by Batman's films adapted from the Dark Knight series, which proves the vigor of his narrative. Finally, Frank Miller revealed his satisfaction from watching Joker and discovering that the character carries traits the way he showed in The Dark Knight , that is, a man who turns into a killer. “And Joaquin Phoenix was a great choice.”

An original couple cosplays: 😂

"One of our delirium, @lisa_psychos_play and I, while the last comic con of Paris: Superman and Wonder Woman who exchange their costumes. Nobody expected this! And we can say it caused a sensation! 🤣"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4wl3baoy0N/

"Superman and Wonder Woman - the super badass couple"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5TWVSsIWI0/

"We made Superman who takes the costume of Wonder Woman and Wonder Woman who takes the Superman costume! #cosplaycouple"

Little bits from CCXP “The Dark Knight Returns: The Golden Child” with Frank Miller and Rafael Grampá Panel

- Miller explains the relationship of a new character, Jon, who is extremely powerful and a possible threat for not having full control of his powers.

- Grampá says he is basically the most powerful character that the DC Universe has ever seen, being the son of Superman and Wonder Woman

- The daughter of Superman and Wonder Woman, Lara, is inspired by Grampá’s girlfriend. She modeled poses and Lara’s new personality described as being seemingly soft but dangerous

- Lasty, Miller and Grampá say they are open for a possible continuation of the comic, all it takes is a good Golden Child result.

From DC nation twitter:

https://mobile.twitter.com/thedcnati...83348928253952

The Golden Child preview courtesy of Screen Rant:

Angry

*Groan* I hate when comic books blatantly reference current politicians and/or public figures. In the years to come, those Trump posters will date this story. Captain America did it right during the Water Gate era because the President turned mastermind's face was never shown and he was never named.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    At least they know what draw people's attention. 😂
    That doesn’t suppose to be funny but it sadly is....

I think they don't want multiple contradicting portraits of characters around and dilute the audience in multiple media and/or series.
    Putting their eggs in one basket is a much worse idea. That’s sort of what put them in the bind they are in now. Multiple iterations is better because either way, you’ll have the audience(s) for that character. Superman especially needs this.

Blame BvS/JL and WB not being sure of what to do with the character.
    Superman has many stories that can be adapted other than stories involving Zod and Lex. Superman doesn’t have to die to be an inspiration so drop that too. Superman is suppose to be a larger than life character going on epic adventures.

The Golden Child preview courtesy of Screen Rant:

The art is beautiful!

Lara is speaking the harsh truths of the world, nobody is ready to truly have this conversation of today. It’s dark and messy. It’s a never ending cycle of tragedy, of people being vile towards one another.
    No holding back on the political front for sure. This is what should be brought up in a Superman and Wonder Woman story. Social issues should be confronted not settling in comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    *Groan* I hate when comic books blatantly reference current politicians and/or public figures. In the years to come, those Trump posters will date this story. Captain America did it right during the Water Gate era because the President turned mastermind's face was never shown and he was never named.
    He could easily pass for an older version of the character played by Pedro Pascal in WW84. 🙃

SuperWonder nail designs

“Superman & Wonder Woman inside a lasso heart. I knew they had something between them.”

https://twitter.com/NailprinterAbq/s...15463105159169

“Thank you Jenn. #wonderwoman #superman #superheronails”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2vX78DgoLC/

“🦸*♂️🦸*♀️❤🤲🙇*♂️”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3hy52xJEu-/

He could easily pass for an older version of the character played by Pedro Pascal in WW84. ��
    Maybe, I still don't like them being part of the book though.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Putting their eggs in one basket is a much worse idea. ThatÂ’s sort of what put them in the bind they are in now. Multiple iterations is better because either way, youÂ’ll have the audience(s) for that character. Superman especially needs this.
    It's a business decision more than a creative one... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The art is beautiful!

Lara is speaking the harsh truths of the world, nobody is ready to truly have this conversation of today. ItÂ’s dark and messy. ItÂ’s a never ending cycle of tragedy, of people being vile towards one another.
    No holding back on the political front for sure. This is what should be brought up in a Superman and Wonder Woman story. Social issues should be confronted not settling in comfort.
    I thought she already moved away past her cynic phase at the end of DKIII. it looks she has yet a long journey ahead of her or that's just her character.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Maybe, I still don't like them being part of the book though.
    Understandable. But the DK saga was always political (Ronald Regan was in the first book).

It's a business decision more than a creative one... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Lol my stance still applies both business and creative wise...

I thought she already moved away past her cynic phase at the end of DKIII. it looks she has yet a long journey ahead of her or that's just her character.
    I think she just became a tiny bit more open minded. She’s still a teen plus the stubborn attitude, so yeah to fully understand will take a long while.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Lol my stance still applies both business and creative wise...
    Ok. 🙃

I think she just became a tiny bit more open minded. She’s still a teen plus the stubborn attitude, so yeah to fully understand will take a long while.
    It'll take long because we see her once every x years. 😅 I wish these books would be released more frequently.