Page 53 of 410 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

“🎁🎁 💖💖 Love is in the air 💕💕 How is Valentine already approaching you better than drawing two shirts for some Super pair? 👏👏”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsxjbdMHBNX/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs35lR5BZTD/

“Beautiful t-shirts of #Superheroes so that you surprise your partner on Valentine's Day !! Do not miss out on yours!”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs-s-0vDkwU/

Video: https://www.instagram.com/p/BsywvSMnhup/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    “🎁🎁 💖💖 Love is in the air 💕💕 How is Valentine already approaching you better than drawing two shirts for some Super pair? 👏👏”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsxjbdMHBNX/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs35lR5BZTD/

“Beautiful t-shirts of #Superheroes so that you surprise your partner on Valentine's Day !! Do not miss out on yours!”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs-s-0vDkwU/

Video: https://www.instagram.com/p/BsywvSMnhup/
    It looks like the SM/WW merch for couples will be the lion share of SM/WW related posts for Valentine's Day. 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Again with all respect to thise who like it but Diana don’t need a shield and she certainly would not always have a sword in her hands and the cape that would certainly not help in combat! Diana's trademarks are the bracelets and the lasso of truth!
    Agreed 1000 percent!
    It's completely unnecessary and cumbersome. I miss the days when Diana was a fearless powerhouse. Who was able her enemies using nothing but her strength, lasso and gauntlets. When the sword came out, you knew it was for serious high level threats. Now the sword and shield seems to be perpetually present.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Yep. I mean I can understand that but a writer worth his/her salt should not be scared of handling two strong characters in a romance. eg Soule embraced that and explored it in a thoughtful way while Tomasi ran from it and did not use Diana because she demanded page time and he did not know how to juggle it alongside Clark. That is his weakness , not the characters. Some of the other reasons given are so reaching...ie Diana has to be stronger than the man she dates or Superman has to date a human to be taken seriously or to be a good hero. I really don't understand that line of thinking. I always was of the view that two alphas, I see SM and WW as that...can more than well interact and date because they are equals. If Batman and Superman as alphas can interact then why can't Clark and Diana? Why does Diana have to stay away from strong male characters and only be set up with humans to feel superior? It's a weird line of thinking as is the grounded one. It's like saying don't put her along side them because she can only shine among weaker people because she shines by default. That is not equality. Also let us not forget Batman often owned Superman in many storylines because there is/was an obvious bias for him. So it is something that is not only done to male/females. And Batman wasn't dating Superman.

Superman and Wonder Woman are capable of driving narratives together and on their own. Wonder Woman in her own title in the new 52 and even preflashpoint did not always have to be dating a man to have a story on her own and same for Superman. Also as Lovestar says there are other avenues, AU or digital first. Canon can stay for those who want Superman or Wonder Woman in traditional roles and troupes or "core conceits" . We want a team be able to tell a story without interference and address the evolving nature or heroism and romance, while allowing these two equals to have adventures. But there seem to be an insecurity seen and expressed by detractors that says they don't even want that. I am hoping DC are not that myopic to ignore that smww are worth exploring because they earned it.
    The bolded parts especially. That's an unsettling narrative that I've come across from certain fans as it relates to pairing Diana with a regular human. I honestly don't understand these mortal/god trope that is supposedly romantic. I find them so uninspiring. I'm moved by relationships built on the basis of understanding and relatability between the pair. Ones built on a strong connection, friendship and trust.

The only time I 'fell' for a god/mortal romantic pairing if you will, was in the relationship between Thor and Jane Porter in that first Thor movie. Even at that he was basically just a regular man there without powers when they first meet and that relationship was slowly developed. It wasn't hard to buy into it. Despite them clicking, the relationship couldn't sustain itself because there was an honest enough recognition of the conflicts and obstacles that could not be denied given who they are as well as their responsibilities which did not allow for anything long lasting. Unlike with another pairing in which plot gymnastics and contortionist are applied to push it in all angles.

I disagree a little bit with you, my friend... as a fan of SMWW 2018 may not have been the best year but it was a good year! We had several fanfictions better than what DC published in their official line, I met new friends through the affection and love for the couple, I saw several fantastic fanarts, several arts of consecrated artists, I met new talents who described the couple beautifully, I saw several couples who have SMWW as inspiration and aim to achieve their happiness, or that they suppose that SMWW have, children like them, pets, various smiles so sincere and enlightened that they warmed my heart. No, I refuse to say that 2018 was bad and I believe that if 2019 brings me the same joys it will be a fantastic year too!
    Well said. 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

Expectations are low...But wouldn’t mind/wish for the acknowledgment and respect of SMWW’s closeness. Give back that genuine dynamic. Stop forcing things overall with contrived plots and using the characters as mouthpieces for obvious bias preferences.
    Exactly. Same here.
    Petty or not, I will not deny taking some form of satisfaction that DC isn't doing so hot (surprise, surprised....not)

It's the total revisionist history to push something that never existed while ignoring the history that was organically developed for years that gets me the most. Along with the pettiness and arrogance of certain writers/editors that leaves me completely disgusted. I'm still awaiting for them to eat humble pie and bring back the bond/connection between Diana and Kal we all came to love.

Thank you!

Sensation Comics was digital first. An SMWW digital first of different collections of stories like this wouldn’t be far fetched and would be awesome and a way to explore their relationship on different levels.

This is nice!

Diana and Kal’s interaction is so sweet. They definitely embody the bestiebae vibe. It’s not solely about the stereotypical fairytale lovey dovey romance. It’s that indescribable closeness and bond of them trusting each other, being able to let loose and be themselves. Being honest and have fun together.

This is an example of them doing their own “normal”. It’s extraordinary but when you break it down, they are doing what humans would do. Go out to a field, have a race. Of course not with all the lightening and heavy heavy storming, but there are some who likes going out playing in the rain.

I also love that the writer/artist actually had a model, I believe her name is Donna, pose for most of the panels for him to draw. She and her husband dressed as SMWW for her birthday or Halloween that year too!
    The bolded part! That's what detractors fail to understand. I love that SMWW whether as "bestiebae" (that is a cute and honest terminology to describe what they were back then &#128521 Or as lovers, given their abilities they are able to create their own normative such as air-walking, which can be compared to stroll in the park, or flying together, or simply sitting out in space outside of the watchtower skipping moon rocks. These are activities that not only humanizes them, but it also allows them to be truthful and embrace who and what they are. They enjoy being able to do fun and relaxing things just like anyone else, however, who they are just means they are able to do things a bit more differently than your average person. Similar to people of different countries. Children all over the world love to play, but the tools they use and type of activities they engage in may differ, those that make one child less "child like" or happier than the other?
    Just like in real life people have their own normal given who they are SMWW should as well. There is and should never be anything wrong with that.

She was created to be the answer and counterpart to him. That’s what it is point blank. That will always be the foundation. Independent but they can seamlessly align together.
    Exactly. Exactly. Exactly.
    Plain and simple. If there never was a Superman there is a strong possibility we may never have gotten a Wonder Woman to begin with as he was the inspiration for her creation. So when I come across so called writers asserting SM and WW are very different and therefore can't go together nevertheless have their two worlds seamlessly blend I am left feeling like somebody is attempting to pull a prank on me because I find it to be that outrageous of a claim.

Them going together is not something that occurred out of nowhere. Back before franchises started crossing over we got the SMWW nod from WW's creator himself? It was done in a subtle and tasteful manner. Honestly, what else needs to be said?

A family of super heroes!!!!! These photos of family and happiness make me very happy and give much strength for this fandom to continue untiring!
    Yes it does! They serve as constant reaffirmation of the ideals of SMWW. Something inspiring, positive, hopeful, good. They are a reminder that life isn't all about the myopic and grim. That stories and characters that bring joy and light are worth telling as well especially in a day and age when all the sensational and darker grittier tales get more focused on.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It looks like she's twerking. 🤣
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Uh uh! Smh. 😩

More SuperWonder matching couple shirts for Valentines! Loving the advertisement captions!

The novel was in evidence in the publications of the New 52, nevertheless appeared before and already was much discussed outside the comics. Even has wondered in the past: "Hey, maybe Superman and Wonder Woman are meant for each other?" Choose the superhero t-shirts here at the World Geek store!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtBHGAFHlQU/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs_9TKdBkXZ/

“Heroes Love.” #embroidery

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq7wEOfHOEe/

More SuperWonder matching couple shirts for Valentines! Loving the advertisement captions!

The novel was in evidence in the publications of the New 52, nevertheless appeared before and already was much discussed outside the comics. Even has wondered in the past: "Hey, maybe Superman and Wonder Woman are meant for each other?" Choose the superhero t-shirts here at the World Geek store!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtBHGAFHlQU/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs_9TKdBkXZ/

“Heroes Love.” #embroidery

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq7wEOfHOEe/
    Even in department stores they are placed side by side as a couple! Is there anything more pop?

Ah my friends, I love seeing all the pre-Valentine posts!!! It's really ironic people putting SMWW together in their stores or creating SMWW merch for the day of love! While DC sits with their head among the clouds oblivious to the masses down on the ground! I bet WB loses out on revenue here.

CONT:

WW: I love this color!
    SM: How about tonight?

WW: A powerful store!
    SM: Saved my night! Hahaha

haha it keeps getting wilder and wonderful. Now they selling lingerie!!!

Ah my friends, I love seeing all the pre-Valentine posts!!! It's really ironic people putting SMWW together in their stores or creating SMWW merch for the day of love! While DC sits with their head among the clouds oblivious to the masses down on the ground! I bet WB loses out on revenue here.
    I hope WB/DC opens its eyes before it'll be too late and Marvel will beat them again with their own SM/WW this time. 🤣
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 01-24-2019 at 07:31 AM.

It looks like the SM/WW merch for couples will be the lion share of SM/WW related posts for Valentine's Day. 🤔
    Yes indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    Exactly. Same here.
    Petty or not, I will not deny taking some form of satisfaction that DC isn't doing so hot (surprise, surprised....not)

It's the total revisionist history to push something that never existed while ignoring the history that was organically developed for years that gets me the most. Along with the pettiness and arrogance of certain writers/editors that leaves me completely disgusted. I'm still awaiting for them to eat humble pie and bring back the bond/connection between Diana and Kal we all came to love.
    It was/is unnecessary. SMWW dynamic is theirs. It was built for years and earned. You can’t just take it away thinking it can fit somewhere else.

The bolded part! That's what detractors fail to understand. I love that SMWW whether as "bestiebae" (that is a cute and honest terminology to describe what they were back then &#128521 Or as lovers, given their abilities they are able to create their own normative such as air-walking, which can be compared to stroll in the park, or flying together, or simply sitting out in space outside of the watchtower skipping moon rocks. These are activities that not only humanizes them, but it also allows them to be truthful and embrace who and what they are. They enjoy being able to do fun and relaxing things just like anyone else, however, who they are just means they are able to do things a bit more differently than your average person. Similar to people of different countries. Children all over the world love to play, but the tools they use and type of activities they engage in may differ, those that make one child less "child like" or happier than the other?
    Just like in real life people have their own normal given who they are SMWW should as well. There is and should never be anything wrong with that.
    Heh 🤣 Right! Love how without even realizing, SMWW dynamic is very much an example in its own way of real world experiences, trends, relations, etc. Their dynamic was ahead of its time then, but this is how the world is now. This is the kind of relationship people look for and want now.

Detractors and writers stuck in their ways, stuck in the past and have a narrow view won’t understand.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    Exactly. Exactly. Exactly.
    Plain and simple. If there never was a Superman there is a strong possibility we may never have gotten a Wonder Woman to begin with as he was the inspiration for her creation. So when I come across so called writers asserting SM and WW are very different and therefore can't go together nevertheless have their two worlds seamlessly blend I am left feeling like somebody is attempting to pull a prank on me because I find it to be that outrageous of a claim.

Them going together is not something that occurred out of nowhere. Back before franchises started crossing over we got the SMWW nod from WW's creator himself? It was done in a subtle and tasteful manner. Honestly, what else needs to be said?
    They have their similarities and differences which balances out. That’s the point LOL

I hope WB/DC opens its eyes before it'll be too late and Marvel will beat them again with their own SM/WW this time. ��
    The way Marvel have done a stellar job is building its verse and creating consumer confidence to have faith in their many different kinds of heroes, I won't be shocked if one day they give us Squadron Supreme and we see Hyperion and Power Princess.

The way Marvel have done a stellar job is building its verse and creating consumer confidence to have faith in their many different kinds of heroes, I won't be shocked if one day they give us Squadron Supreme and we see Hyperion and Power Princess.
    And l won't be shocked if a Squadron Supreme movie will make twice the money of JL. 😅

Btw, I bet that we'll get first a new wave of people interested in SM/WW thanks to the Astro City tv-series currently in the works.

And l won't be shocked if a Squadron Supreme movie will make twice the money of JL. 😅

Btw, I bet that we'll get first a new wave of people interested in SM/WW thanks to the Astro City tv-series currently in the works.
    It’s....something to know that the originals are being stuck in stagnation and apart when their rip offs are getting the development they should without hesitation. It’s obviously something that works, why not capitalize on the real deal?