Page 67 of 410 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 6144

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The problem was that the plot dictated the characters instead of the other way around. So stuff happens because the director wanted certain things happening no matter how and if they make any sense character/story-wise.

Diana being indirectly responsible of Superman's death isn't a poignant character moment or something, it's just there to facilitate the plot point of Superman being killed.
    I agree with both you and desilva.

Also the gauge is whether the audiences cares. The development is so poor. The audience pretty much did not. Death of Superman in the DCEU was not organic, totally forced and rushed, and lacked the impact the death is supposed to have on heroes, the world, and the viewers. If Cap dies tomorrow in the MCU...fans will mourn, the world in the MCU will mourn, and when his friends mourn you will believe in their pain. Snyder was fixated on some space jesus bs and Batman being the main protagonist rather than building a League. It's why I think DOS in the DCAU lacking too because they forced that too to rush a status quo .

Death of Superman where he dies by DD hand has been done enough that it isn't even impacting anymore and worse if you skip the build up. The audience already knows he coming back, they know the beats, if you do not take care to get the audience drawn in, they will be blase over the death. That is not how a good story is supposed to be received. You are supposed to build towards that death and even the DCAU recent DOS lacked that. Fans who just jump on that franchise will wonder what they were missing and they are the better reviewers as they have an unbiased and fresh reaction than those us of that been there done that. Development is a subject we have discussed whether it is plot or character and DC really lacks in it in recent times.
    Last edited by hellacre; 01-30-2019 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Gold jewelry and a good price! Wedding rings SMWW!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtOqtY4H...d=f0la4wtl40ag
    WOW.

The number of smww wedding bands I have seen.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Panels from today's Heroes in Crisis #5 (art by Clay Mann):

Well I don't buy Rebirth...but I have a bit of an inkling what is going on in Heroes in Crisis.

Any way this is an effective, well drawn art sequence.

It shows Diana giving him the quiet support and empathy he needs at a difficult time no amount of words could convey. The little touch speaks volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Well I don't buy Rebirth...but I have a bit of an inkling what is going on in Heroes in Crisis.

It shows Diana giving him the quiet support and empathy he needs at a difficult time no aumount of words could convey. The little touch speaks volumes.
    Agreed. Also, the "little touch" gave me a bit of pre-FP SM/WW nostalgia feel.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 01-30-2019 at 08:52 AM.

It shows Diana giving him the quiet support and empathy he needs at a difficult time no amount of words could convey. The little touch speaks volumes.
    That's what I am talking about!!! That's the difference between a woman who understands you, know who you are and what you feel and the others!!! This is SMWW!

DC Comics heads and creators, can some of you please attend this exhibition,maybe some of you might come into the 21st century and understand the concept of truly being of two worlds and how to honor both and what truth and justice and having humanity means and the world is a global one, not run by one super power that makes up what constitutes morality. The mother and father of superheroes.
    Yes! DC needs a broader view and this exhibition looks like it could be the answer to that! I really hope there’s video or maybe a transcript of the discussion(s)

Love them. The caption of the 3rd pic... lol.
    The 3rd is sweet. A Superman determined to find his Wonder Woman...Aw!

WOW.

The number of smww wedding bands I have seen.
    Right!!! Love it!!

Diana’s quiet support, even though he certainly does not deserve it, is still very meaningful and this is an example of what makes their dynamic what it is and important.

Yes. The last panel truly exemplifies that.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 01-30-2019 at 08:56 AM.

If Batman had gone after the spear instead of the SM, as a good strategist would do since he knows that SM is vulnerable to Kryptonite, if SM and Diana continue the coordinated attack without interruptions by unnecessary presences in the scene, as they do in natural form since they complement each other in power level, if Batman had given the spear to Diana instead of SM, since clearly she is immune to kryptonite and more trained in weapons, they would have defeated Doomsday in a coordinated attack and would have seen the importance of working together, could have formed an League in a more interesting way. BvS is a wrong-making movie since the first scene! His dead was pointless in the sense that there were more interesting alternatives, his death could, since it seems rule SM having to die every five years or so, happen in his next film, with more impact, including emotional.

Exactly! There were many options/alternatives, but instead pointless plot points were used to drive a specific narrative irrespective of how illogical.

The problem was that the plot dictated the characters instead of the other way around. So stuff happens because the director wanted certain things happening no matter how and if they make any sense character/story-wise.

Diana being indirectly responsible of Superman's death isn't a poignant character moment or something, it's just there to facilitate the plot point of Superman being killed.

Boom! All. Of. This.Couldn’t have said it better myself. I hate excuse making to defend something that is just basically nonsensical. The audience are not stupid. You can’t construct lame plot contrivances for people to swallow because you want to push certain points along when the holes in the plot line are glaringly evident. Deiasilva10 demonstrated several different options that showed SM’s death at the hand of Doomsday could have easily been avoided. It is one of the reasons why his death had so little impact, it simply felt contrived and pointless.

DC Comics heads and creators, can some of you please attend this exhibition,maybe some of you might come into the 21st century and understand the concept of truly being of two worlds and how to honor both and what truth and justice and having humanity means and the world is a global one, not run by one super power that makes up what constitutes morality. The mother and father of superheroes.
    A little louder please!
    I really hope that they would. I don’t know if the people at DC truly understand the impact and significance of SMWW for so many people on a national and global scale. A lot of what made these two characters have been bastardized in a way that is mind boggling and unsettling.
    It’s heartwarming, however, that there are people who recognize these characters as they were meant to be and should be, and are willing to share it and celebrate it with others in a meaningful way.

SuperWonder fam getting ready for CARNAVAL 2019🎊🎭!

https://instagram.com/basicabrancast...=1181t6ccb1cvc

Yeah. Now if this was pre flashpoint...you know Diana is feeling Clark's pain. Because of that hx and relationship they had. Diana is giving a colleague that strength he needs. They are not best friends or anything but she is there and senses he needed that touch. It's slightly different but it is a nice moment and probably the most genuine moment between smww in the whole of Rebirth to me given they lack the closeness we knew they had for decades. Everything else we had in Rebirth felt very forced and silly to me, especially when they used WW to prop the status quo and other relationships than simply allowing the characters to interact in any meaningful way.
    Last edited by hellacre; 01-30-2019 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    SuperWonder fam getting ready for CARNAVAL 2019����!

https://instagram.com/basicabrancast...=1181t6ccb1cvc
    How sweet. Ah Brazil. thank you for all the smww love.

Exactly. And this is something that has been common with SMWW for years, which is why when I think about the way in which things have been dismantled or warped, it leaves me feeling disgusted.

Me too. This is bittersweet for sure.

That's what I am talking about!!! That's the difference between a woman who understands you, know who you are and what you feel and the others!!! This is SMWW!

Certainly!
    This is painful because we know this. The writers if they are willing to be honest with themselves know this as well. However, this special bond/connection gets undermined, twisted, and dimminshed to push a particular narrative no matter how cloying and affected at times.

Yeah. Now if this was pre flashpoint...you know Diana is feeling Clark's pain. Because of that hx and relationship they had. Diana is giving a colleague that strength he needs. They are not best friends or anything but she is there and senses he needed that touch. It's slightly different but it is a nice moment and probably the most genuine moment between smww in the whole of Rebirth to me given they lack the closeness we knew they had for decades. Everything else we had in Rebirth felt very forced and silly to me, especially when they used WW to prop the status quo and other relationships than simply allowing the characters to interact in any meaningful way.
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    Exactly. And this is something that has been common with SMWW for years, which is why when I think about the way in which things have been dismantled or warped, it leaves me feeling disgusted.

Me too. This is bittersweet for sure.

Certainly!
    This is painful because we know this. The writers if they are willing to be honest with themselves know this as well. However, this special bond/connection gets undermined, twisted, and dimminshed to push a particular narrative no matter how cloying and affected at times.
    Diana whole heartedly understands. It’s not just sympathy, it’s empathy. She knows all of who he is, which reminds me so much of the moment in JL v TT when she said he could always share his burdens with her. This is the most meaningful, powerfully inspirational dynamic. Why would anyone want to diminish it?

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Yes! DC needs a broader view and this exhibition looks like it could be the answer to that! I really hope there’s video or maybe a transcript of the discussion(s)
    I hope so too. A video would be ideal.

The 3rd is sweet. A Superman determined to find his Wonder Woman...Aw!

🤣

Diana’s quiet support, even though he certainly does not deserve it, is still very meaningful and this is an example of what makes their dynamic what it is and important.
    I knew you would've said that, lol.