Page 8 of 410 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

https://www.deviantart.com/beewinter...oman-779604633

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsMR7iRgHW8/ The artist Eduardo Franciso released a bigger and better view of the couple.
    Last edited by hellacre; 01-04-2019 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Happy New Year Lady P and Restingvoice.

My friends, don't let DC make us feel Clark and Diana are wrong. It's a disingenuous effort by some writers to promote the old troupes. Some of which is not working and which DC themselves seem to be trying to slyly transition to their "traditional" status quo as seen what is going on with tell all books and outed ids in HiC. Some will soon behave as if the ideas we associate with SMWW was always part of SM when we full well know this is not true.

Diana asking Clark about his identity and why not embrace all he is in not in any way wrong. It is in fact the healthier and more updated thing to do. Look at the heroes who straddle two worlds who resonate with today's audiences. It is because they value and respect where they came from, who they are because it helps to define how they see themselves and where they go and what they do. Superman to just take what Krypton provides and then claim it is only the Kents who made him what he is is so terribly myopic. Imagine a Jewish person surviving the holocaust or POC surviving a genocide or a slave evading captors. etc. You really think they would not value their heritage and only value their adopted parents? Unless they are insensitive they would. There is a reason why Superman is linked to Moses. Identity is a very important aspect to Superman which DC has chipped away for the american way, which has changed over the decades but Wonder Woman has managed to retain her pride in her identity and truth. These two characters overlap a lot. Diana can actually offer something very important to Clark. But DC don't want to because it might mean Clark can have less blinkered pov and wider perspective from someone who is very much coping with what he has to. Miller said his SM will be more of truth and justice and less loud of the American way. That interests me. It's how I want a modern SM too.

Clark wanting privacy is fine, to blend in is fine but to assume the hiding is somehow better or more moral...to simply support some old troupe so he can be a reporter and work at the DP is reaching imo. On some level he actually does suppress and not embrace all that he is. What he lives is not TRUTH. Truth is what Diana does. Clark can be a writer away from the DP and still be what he is. The new 52 with the blog proved that. He does not have to be an investigative journalist to make a difference. Journalistic integrity is the current thing DC is trying to play with but what they are saying is actually a joke. Superman mythos does not represent that. It just does not. Full disclosure is what is required. Diana has been open with the world from since Perez. It's why I dislike Diana doing stuff with the Govt and being a CIA type spy etc. It's very dishonest and I never would expect an Amazon Princess as even wanting to be used this way. I don't mind a job to connect to the world so she can understand it and help people without the trappings of titles etc. It can work for a while to accomplish what she needs to do.

I don't mind the ID being used to blend in just don't come and act as if you all holier than thou. There are many kinds of ways to impart information and write without trying to expose others or act judge, jury and executioner and to even effect social change. Writers can do their stuff under pen names, you can maintain anonymity. You can even put yr opinion forward as yr opinion. But to come and get involved in things that should be tackled by the law etc...and yet hide and keep huge secrets that could interest the govt etc leave it to real investigative journalists. And Diana as an Ambassador works or if she is to have an ID...well a job that just allows her to blend in. Truth is a very sensitive line to straddle without a hero looking bad.

And SMWW have addressed these issues of truth and identity in a more open way first in canon and made the changes first very early on in their relationship. It's their story in the new 52. They outed Superman and Wonder Woman as a couple. Then they outed Clark's life. The world knew Clark and Diana were a couple. They were open eventually in KC, in DK verses. Clark and Diana are able to be together openly. The ID is used for old troupes. Interestingly enough a DC editor admitted recently there are editors who constantly have this discussion about trying to make the ID and the issues about truth and integrity done in a more ethical way. They are actually very aware what the SM mythos is not ethical and makes SM look bad in this modern day . And I think it is a matter of time DC address this. But how they address this is the issue. Because imo they cannot come to try to elevate one person over another at a whim. Diana has been the most authentic and honest and truthful and is the best representation of that. End of story.

This is why if there ever did bring back new 52 SM and WW in its own verse ( a dream I know) I believe they should keep them as is...ID's outed. It was already done. To go backwards would be ridiculous.
    It’s fascinating yet quite insulting that issues brought up, explored and somewhat resolved with SMWW are NOW wanting to be acknowledged and emphasized on.

It was deemed wrong to challenge the contradictions and hypocrisy of traditional ideas and ways. We don’t live in that time anymore and because Superman has been left in stagnantion, just sliding by with these ideas, it’s hard to now go about it. Writers’s decided to go against the purpose of not only the purpose of these individual characters at time to fit some of their narrow views, but the dynamics as well.

SMWW Couple Tattoos!!

“Fun Tattoos I did for my bro @_kimo_therapy_ and his wife...WonderWoman And SuperMan”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Br9jRzzBL91/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsDm-F0hSet/

This is such a beautiful and powerful caption!!! This is what Superman and Wonder Woman as a couple represent and why the resonate with real life couples

“A sign to remind me how strong I was even when I did not know I was ... to remind myself to always be strong whatever happens ... and to remind me that in two you can be invincible! Happiness & pain if you live intensely and together create that "something great among us that you can never change even if you want it" ... and it does not matter if "you live without ever knowing how it will go tomorrow", because today, I ❤️ MY HERO @Marco_pecchia ... Let's start another year together ❤️”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsGjtGBlLh3/

https://www.deviantart.com/beewinter...oman-779604633

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsMR7iRgHW8/ The artist Eduardo Franciso released a bigger and better view of the couple.

Beautiful, sexy and... hehehehhe the infamous mullet!!!! XD

This image is so strong....

[

Gotta love being tangled in the lasso. This is sexy.

Ooohh! Love it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    This image is so strong....

Has it ever been explained the motivation...thought process for this image?

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Gotta love being tangled in the lasso. This is sexy.

Ooohh! Love it!!!

Has it ever been explained the motivation...thought process for this image?
    Not that I know. Diana does not "die" in COIE, she reverts to the clay ... It could be that this image would be something originally planned and then discarded

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre;4115662

[img
    https://66.media.tumblr.com/f8c56b77e4f2ff299a921d920b20ebb5/tumblr_pktiuuUMKQ1qjzyxso1_540.jpg[/img]
    How very sensual, I like.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

New fic update from Nightskywonderer.

What A Difference A Day Made: https://m.fanfiction.net/s/12789488/9/Something-Special
    Inspired by Darwyn Cooke’s Superman/Wonder Woman and “What a Difference a Day Makes” by Dinah Washington

✨🥰Happy New Year, SuperWonder fans! 🥳✨

Starting off with something sweet and simple!
    Thank you all for your support! Excited for all the new SuperWonder stories and updates!

Game of Love and Pain will be discontinued to be rewritten, taking a new course!
    3 new stories along the way 🤗

More updates:
    Tonight chapters 104-106
    Life and Love chapter 2
    The Blessing chapters 19 and 20
    http://nightskywonderer.tumblr.com/p...ired-by-darwyn

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Hmmm? I will have to look back!
    It was probably on Amazon. 🤔

“Although some wondered if the bond between these two godlike beings might create a distance between them and the humanity they have sworn to protect, it instead have both Wonder Woman and Superman something to which they could anchor themselves.”

Even DC acknowledges this. I loved that we did see the difference. Superman and Wonder Woman going out, and they are seen as Gods and Celebrities. Going out as Diana Prince and Clark Kent, they can have privacy. But yet, together they never had to put on an act, it was never pretending. It was blending in and that was beautiful and compelling. They were able to have their own kind of normal, the glasses and ID was played on as cute little inside tease for them as we saw in JL VS TT.
    I think that one of the things they could've played during the time SM/WW dated was to let them having less "normal" dates in exotic places, like in space for example, instead of just going to dinner or to the cinema.

Both have such sweet, beautiful starts of how a relationship is developed then they go into the phase of how it has its complications, it’s not easy, not a fairytale. It demands from both of them, growing and learning. And that is what’s constantly ran away from with some writers. We don’t need soap drama, but as real as it can get fictional romance and that’s what SMWW brings and demands.
    Agreed, it's a complicated relationship that needs the right writer that get it.

One of the best moments in SMWW relationship. Soule is the man. Stuff like this...the discussion about them putting the world first and if they could not do their duty and it ever became about putting themselves over the world, they would not be together... he understood. Again SMWW ideas.
    👍

These art are so beautiful. 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It was probably on Amazon. 🤔
    I think I know what you are reffering to...I believe it was on Ebay...it’s with luck I come across it again.

I think that one of the things they could've played during the time SM/WW dated was to let them having less "normal" dates in exotic places, like in space for example, instead of just going to dinner or to the cinema.
    It’s sort of a catch 22 with them. If you have them truly do otherworldly things despite doing the “norm” as well, they are still deemed as too much of a Godly Couple. 🙄 If you have them doing the “norm” then it’s limiting their potential.

Agreed, it's a complicated relationship that needs the right writer that get it.
    Indeed!

Laser engraved SM/WW selfie variant:

"Power couple, size 8.5x11.5 #superman #wonderwoman #selfie #wooddesign #woodportrait #laseredge #laserengraving"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsN-974ntYj/

Laser engraved SM/WW selfie variant:

"Power couple, size 8.5x11.5 #superman #wonderwoman #selfie #wooddesign #woodportrait #laseredge #laserengraving"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsN-974ntYj/
    Beautiful! The absolute best selfie cover! Even Kal and Diana having fun flying, chill in the sky would’ve been nice as well

I think I know what you are reffering to...I believe it was on Ebay...it’s with luck I come across it again.
    I remembered right then. So they did already pretty much everything about SM/WW. 🤣

It’s sort of a catch 22 with them. If you have them truly do otherworldly things despite doing the “norm” as well, they are still deemed as too much of a Godly Couple. 🙄 If you have them doing the “norm” then it’s limiting their potential.
    I think that after the 80s writers started getting more used to Kal dating as Clark Kent instead of Superman like during pre-Crisis and stopped to see him as the kind of guy that like to put himself in a out-of-the-ordinary romantic scenario.

New fic update from Nightskywonderer.

What A Difference A Day Made: https://m.fanfiction.net/s/12789488/9/Something-Special
    Inspired by Darwyn Cooke’s Superman/Wonder Woman and “What a Difference a Day Makes” by Dinah Washington

http://nightskywonderer.tumblr.com/p...ired-by-darwyn
    Thanks for the link. That's the kind of date I was talking about.

I remembered right then. So they did already pretty much everything about SM/WW. 🤣
    SMWW has had many aspects starting to be explored. Hitting a lot of corners. There is still a lot more to be done just so unnecessary to stop it abruptly or limit it.

I think that after the 80s writers started getting more used to Kal dating as Clark Kent instead of Superman like during pre-Crisis and stopped to see him as the kind of guy that like to put himself in a out-of-the-ordinary romantic scenario.
    That’s the issue then. He is an out-of-the-ordinary guy period so why have him as otherwise and pretend to be just ordinary. I really don’t like all these limitations coming about. It’s so lazy. And isn’t this why he was written to think he wasn’t good enough for Diana? 🙄

Thanks for the link. That's the kind of date I was talking about.
    No prob!
    With this scenario, this is all we went. Kal and Diana can do ordinary things if it has to be but on extraordinary and grander levels.