Page 55 of 243 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Trigger warning, but here are the pages Yoda was warning about https://twitter.com/NewTSage/status/1086742256298745856

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Trigger warning, but here are the pages Yoda was warning about https://twitter.com/NewTSage/status/1086742256298745856
    Yes, those images are unpleasant. Is it necessary to show such explicit violence? Keep in mind that they are also imaginary situations.

The point of the Walmart line of books was to hit a broader non-comics audience, including kids, like the 100 Page Giants did back in the day. King's Superman was supposed to be some sort of classic big fun Superman adventure across the Galaxy to rescue a little girl. It'd be gross and weird to have a Superman anxiety story where he imagines Lois dying over and over published in a direct market book, that this was published at all in this format is absolutely mind boggling.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    SAME COUPLE, different situation(role) from deviantart:

Attachment 77174
    Thanks for sharing, adrikito!!
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Thanks, Miles To Go!!
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

BANNED

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    A palate cleanser for my brain. Some Francis Manapul Lois & Clark

Attachment 77165

Attachment 77166

Attachment 77167
    thanks for a palate cleanser XD
    Lois and Clark, Clark and Lois..no matter what, when or where it's always you two. Even in fractured quantum space-time you manage to find each other..but if those tinkering busybodies couldn't keep you apart, why should I waste my time?- Mr Mxyzptlk, Superman #19

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    how tall is lois supposed to be?
    5' 7" ?im not 100% sure tho
    Lois and Clark, Clark and Lois..no matter what, when or where it's always you two. Even in fractured quantum space-time you manage to find each other..but if those tinkering busybodies couldn't keep you apart, why should I waste my time?- Mr Mxyzptlk, Superman #19

Incredible Member

slo mo kiss.

credit to jabberedits tumblr

Incredible Member

Lois never listen part 1.

Incredible Member

Lois never listen part 2.

Incredible Member

Lois never listen part 3. the lady is too damn consistent XD

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    It'll leave kids who pick it up traumatized. I don't want to share the pictures but its ridiculously graphic. I'm not being hyperbolic when I say it's worse than what we have seen in Heroes in Crisis. She's shot in the head, dies in a plane crash, is blown up in her house, burned at the f'n stake! It legitimately may be one of the worst comics I've read in my life.
    Time to post this one again…

I dreamed last night of Oracle
    Her sitting next to me
    Says I, But Babs, you're Batgirl now
    I never quit, says she
    I never quit, says she

The Killing Joke, says I to her
    Her watching like a seer
    They shot and raped and left you, Babs
    Says Babs, But I'm still here
    Says Babs, But I'm still here

The DC bosses wrote you out,
    They turned you into grist
    Takes more than pens to unwrite me
    Says Babs, And I persist
    Says Babs, And I persist

And sitting there as real as life
    And smiling with her eyes
    Babs says, What they can not erase
    My life that I devise
    My life that I devise

Oracle's here, she says to me
    Oracle still abides
    Where girls are fridg'd and written out
    Oracle's at their sides
    Oracle's at their sides

In songs and films and comic books
    The valley and the hill
    Where women build their life anew
    You'll find Oracle still
    You'll find Oracle still

I dreamed last night of Oracle
    Her sitting next to me
    Says I, But Babs, you're Batgirl now
    I never quit, says she
    I never quit, says she

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    This is ridiculous! Its supposed to reach out to kids. If it would haven been made in a 'mainstream' comic it may make some sense. Comics aren't being made for kids nowadays. But if your target is children how do you explain this horror? I don't know what is more disturbing. The bullet riddled corpse with a ghastly Luthor watching, a totally cool Jimmy going to crash or the horrific deaths.

I am not so much against it as a comic book as it represents the anxiety of Superman, even if its tasteless. But its a terrible idea for a kids' book.