Page 19 of 243 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by _Beautiful_Temptress_ View Post
    Love these comics.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

ll6.jpg
    1char.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member

I do not think Bendis is breaking them up at all. He's inserted a lot of mystery into their professional lives so it appears to be affecting their personal lives. No way Clark falls for another woman, not Moore or anyone else for that matter, he's so into Lois Lane. The same goes for Lois. It would be a step down for both of them.

What I think is happening is that Lois is doing two things. She learnt some secrets in space that affect Superman and is keeping them to protect him and two, she is looking to explain Jon's growth spurt by writing a story that reveals Jon as Superman's son from when they were intimate years ago just before she married Clark, with Clark raising as his step son. The only is that I don't know how it will hold up to closer scrutiny. Can they still have a normal life as a family with the whole world knowing Jon is Superman's?

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I do not think Bendis is breaking them up at all. He's inserted a lot of mystery into their professional lives so it appears to be affecting their personal lives. No way Clark falls for another woman, not Moore or anyone else for that matter, he's so into Lois Lane. The same goes for Lois. It would be a step down for both of them.

What I think is happening is that Lois is doing two things. She learnt some secrets in space that affect Superman and is keeping them to protect him and two, she is looking to explain Jon's growth spurt by writing a story that reveals Jon as Superman's son from when they were intimate years ago just before she married Clark, with Clark raising as his step son. The only is that I don't know how it will hold up to closer scrutiny. Can they still have a normal life as a family with the whole world knowing Jon is Superman's?
    Might be worth mentioning that Jugens himself had Lois break off the engagement for a period of time (she even left the country). I discussed it with another poster, and it seems well within the realm of possibility that, assuming Bendis wants to make Jon openly Superman's son, then the numbers would line up if he used this break to explain when he was conceived. As per the post-Reborn timeline, a few months into the marriage Lois is pregnant, his name's still Jon Sam Kent, was still raised by Clark and Lois, Perry's still his godfather, but he's biologically Superman's child.

If that's the plan then things actually line up fairly well.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Yeah, all that's left to worry about is Doomsday Clock, since Manhattan said that, according to his vision, Clark is pretty much isolated by the time he confronts him. Something could happen to them just in that story and then it's settled by the end of it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Yeah, all that's left to worry about is Doomsday Clock, since Manhattan said that, according to his vision, Clark is pretty much isolated by the time he confronts him. Something could happen to them just in that story and then it's settled by the end of it.
    For me DDC may as well be happening in another universe. That story is so far removed from Superman/AC, I don't care about it. I never pay any attention to DC event books (unless it's to read L&C, only what's happening in the main line. What hasn't helped DDC is all the delays, so I pretend it doesn't even exist.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

The way I see it, I prefer doomsday clock and what is happening/going to happen to Lois and Clark there waaay more than. what is going to happen/has happened to Lois and Clark in current run. There Lois and Clark feel like responsible adults and reporters. Both have agency and are dealing with their own mysteries, even with the lack of screen time. Clark is fighting for truth and justice. Lois is uncovering JSA and the Superman theory. Lois might take issues with Clark taking sides. but I doubt anything major is going to happen from that in regards to their relationship.
    Any soap opera relationship drama will not fit the story, nor the tone they have been building towards. It might get more political.may show the importance of centerists, In a polarised world. But the story is about importance of trust, hope, optimism and relations. So, it will end in atleast bitter-sweet note. Also, the last issue was awesome. It can get a little pretensious, hollow at times and the delays are not helping. But Geoff johns is trying, his damned best and his effort is commendable.
    Easily the best thing coming out of DC. way better than HIC, which is bona-fide dud. Metal was good but a little too confusing, so I would give edge to doomsday clock.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-08-2019 at 07:01 AM.

BANNED

I just want Doomsday wrapped up so that Bendis' run can truly begin, a lot of what's currently going on is just everything in a holding pen, either experimenting with the relationship or taking it's time explaining why things are the way they are so as to remove the training wheels later in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I just want Doomsday wrapped up so that Bendis' run can truly begin, a lot of what's currently going on is just everything in a holding pen, either experimenting with the relationship or taking it's time explaining why things are the way they are so as to remove the training wheels later in the year.
    How is doomsday clock limiting Bendis's run? The only thing off the table was Legion. Even that has been released. Since bendis is supposed to work on it.from what I know bendis has always had pacing problems with his stories

I agree with many of your comments regarding Actions comic. I guess what bothers me the most is that we still do not know the real reason why Lois has decided to stay away from Clark and as a fan it is frustrating to see so little of Lois and see Clark upset and sad with the decision of his wife.
    About Moore, yes, I accept that maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    Out of topics
    I'm bu*thurt Amy didn't win Golden Globes for Sharp Objects yesterday. She was brilliant in that series
    Oh man, she deserved to win. She has no luck in these ceremonies.

The first pic is so cute, hehe! ^_^
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Thanks for sharing, _Beautiful_Temptress_!!
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Setting aside my pet theory that Doomsday Clock is actually the past for the Superbook's continuity, I think Lois and Clark's love and relationship will prove central to the resolution of Doomsday Clock.

Manhattan has said he looked ahead as soon as he got to the DCU, hoping to find a place among the heroes here, but saw that a hopeless isolated Superman killed him, his own "death" intrigued him and he then set to toying with the DCU's timeline to line things up to make that happen. The "split" of Superman and Lois was one prominent part of his experiment to play with the reality of the DCU to get to he "death" at the hands of a hopeless isolated Superman. Then Jor El was saved and brought to earth to work against Superman, to show him humanities faults instead of its promise. The split with Lois eventually isolated him from her, his friends, and ultimately his family. He even was isolated from the Daily Planet. But with Reborn and Rebirth Superman is no longer isolated and alone. Jor El is no longer working against him. And most importantly he has the loving, trusting, and strong relationship with Lois Lane.

Lois and Clark's relationship is the most prominent and central one that was taken away and it's loss and eventual restoration lines up completely with overarching theme of Rebirth and Doomsday Clock. This isn't a story about the DCU beating up the Watchmen. It's a story about how the cynicism, the cold, calculated and detached "heroism" of Watchmen and most prominently Manhattan is actually the antithesis of what the DCU should be about. I don't think this series will end with Superman and Manhattan fighting. I think Manhattan will see the strength and hope Superman's relationships give him, his love for Lois, Jon, and humanity even in the face of all the horror Manhattan has unleashed and realize he was wrong. This is even analogous to what Watchmen's story in a way. Manhattan wasn't manipulated in that book by force, it was Lori that convinced him to come back to earth and intervene. Ultimately, I think the timeline will be restored and Manhattan may actually just "kill" himself.

Basically, Lois and Clark with their love, trust, and teamwork are the antidote to the cynical, cold, bleak world of Watchmen.
    Last edited by Yoda; 01-08-2019 at 09:28 AM.

Yeah! This feels like superman reborn than doomsday clock. No doubt his relationship with Lois is going to be important, but I don't think it will be central. I am more leaning this towards a character study of two well established icons superman and Dr manhattan.And the story is not the just about them. It is about Classical heroes like Clark, JSA, Capt. Marvel and Legion. The guys we think of when thinking about corny superheroes. Their values and what they brought to the table. What they represent against the cynical watchmen and modern day heroes.

I do believe superman will feel anger, frustration.. Etc and may attack manhattan. But I don't want or think it to be caused by some relationship troubles he has. That would be just petty. Even if he is having some relationship trouble, that shouldn't be the focus or cure Manhattan and doomsday clock. Clark strong enough to handle anything in that regards.

I want this to be conflict of ideology, temperament and attitude between the main two.so relationships is going to be part of it, but not the whole. So I see happening is his dreams for the world is going to be tested and at the brink of destruction,especially with the importance of qurac. His trust in people and vice versa are going to be challenged or nearly gone. What makes these so called antiquated heroes great. Their belief that people at their core are good.that is what going to be challenged. The glass motif is pretty prevalent in the book. So yeah! Trust is at stake simple as that.

Dr manhattan himself is not egging Clark to fight. It is ozymandias who wants a confrontation between the two. Manhattan just seems to know where it leads to. He started manipulating Clark's past just like he did every other hero. Clark was not special in that regard. And no way is Dr manhattan going to kill himself.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-08-2019 at 10:18 AM.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Superman won't kill him. I do think he will try to find a way to ease the burden of what Manhattan feels and ultimately help him regain his humanity in some way.

I can see where Miles to Go is coming from. Back when the whole Secret War story was going on Hickman was slow as hell with it, and for at least a few months Alonso had all the writers on a pause like thing where they couldn't move their plots forward till parts were wrapped up. Same thing might be going on here where, until DDC wraps Bendis has to have the story in a sort of step forward one at a time move, making it harder for him to explore things in the super verse.