Page 179 of 243 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 3638
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by _Beautiful_Temptress_ View Post
    You're not the only one. A lot of people are against him writing a Superman comic. After the DKSA fiasco and Batman: Damned situation, it's unlikely DC will let him write whatever he wants.
    i'm glad i'm not the only one XD if it's up to him,i bet he will bring Batman to replace Johnathan Kent, Diana to replace Lois and the whole JL people working at Daily Planet lmao!
    Lois and Clark, Clark and Lois..no matter what, when or where it's always you two. Even in fractured quantum space-time you manage to find each other..but if those tinkering busybodies couldn't keep you apart, why should I waste my time?- Mr Mxyzptlk, Superman #19

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Yeah, I’m not really excited about it at all. Miller hasn’t written anything I’ve thought was even mediocre in like 20 years. Pair him with JRJR and I’m expecting a train wreck of garbage. I mean ASBAR was one of the worst books of the decade, and just died. Both DK sequels were horrible, and the third one he didn’t even write entirely. The bars set so low that if it’s not like viscerally offensive it might be a success.
    if this bomb hard, i'm gonna pretend like the story is one of the Elseworld stories. thank God we still got Rucka's Lois coming up next...at least something great for us to looking forward too.
    Lois and Clark, Clark and Lois..no matter what, when or where it's always you two. Even in fractured quantum space-time you manage to find each other..but if those tinkering busybodies couldn't keep you apart, why should I waste my time?- Mr Mxyzptlk, Superman #19

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    He's noted that he wants to do a positive take on Superman and that he really loves the character, and while I do believe him based on what I've gleaned from his comments, I don't trust his ability. Frank's not the same writer he was when he wrote Year One or Daredevil. It's going to be down to reviews and perhaps the art (if JRJR can elevate his game from his last time with Superman) whether I give his Year One a shot.

You better believe I'm concerned with his voice for Lois. I'm unconvinced Frank can write women.
    SAME! i'm expecting Silver Age Lois to making her appearance in this book...

Incredible Member

hi! there Elvis Superman.. XDD

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    He's noted that he wants to do a positive take on Superman and that he really loves the character, and while I do believe him based on what I've gleaned from his comments, I don't trust his ability. Frank's not the same writer he was when he wrote Year One or Daredevil. It's going to be down to reviews and perhaps the art (if JRJR can elevate his game from his last time with Superman) whether I give his Year One a shot.

You better believe I'm concerned with his voice for Lois. I'm unconvinced Frank can write women.
    SAME! i'm expecting Silver Age Lois to making her appearance in this book...
    He did say a lot of the right things in that NYCC panel with Bendis, and was very complimentary of Lois, but I'm solidly with you all on his lacking the ability to actually tell good stories, particularly with any type of romantic angle or just women in general, anymore. So yeah, I don't trust him to a good origin and definitely don't trust him to write women at all. Lana will probably be some sort of stereotypical hayseed first love, Lois likely some variation of his femme fatale character. I expect she'll go undercover as a prostitute or something at one point, and who knows what he's going to do with Lori. I expect all three will be treated to the half baked pervy stuff he passes as romantic that people like to oversell as some transcendent statement on empowerment or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    if this bomb hard, i'm gonna pretend like the story is one of the Elseworld stories. thank God we still got Rucka's Lois coming up next...at least something great for us to looking forward too.
    I don't expect it to bomb. It's going to sell well and will be ordered well. But I'll be surprised if it is critically well received or has any lasting impact on the character or line. I don't think he's actually written anything from like 2000 onward that has appealed to me and much of his modern output are examples of some of the worst comics published in the 2000's. I mean, Holy Terror, DKII and ASBAR are three of the worst comics to come out in that decade and all three of those were his own solo writing. DKIII was praised for mainly not being as bad as DKII and it's likely a lot of that goes to Azzrello's credit. So on that alone to expect some transcendent origin for Superman seems really overly optimistic.

And I also don't believe that it's being set up as an incontinuity origin at all. For one, I think if that was going to happen it would be Bendis to do it. He's taken the whole Superman line under his direction. Everything is basically going through him as he feels he's going to redefine Superman for the modern era. Regardless of your feelings on that, the idea that he'd let Frank Miller handle Superman's origin in that context is not something I think is likely. Every Superman book is basically under his direct or indirect control and he's handpicked everyone working on the offshoots, from Supergirl, to the Lois & Jimmy books. This is the Bendis show for now.

More likely, it will be like Batman Damned. Exist as its own thing, with probably a lot of people at DC paying lip service to it's "greatness" but beyond that not having any real impact on the direction of the character.
    Last edited by Yoda; 03-16-2019 at 09:01 AM.

From LnC 3x21:

"My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Lois is really liking all those nicknames:

"My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Part 3: Hahaha, so adorable! ^_^

The kisses never end!

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    hi! there Elvis Superman.. XDD

"You're the best thing that ever happened to this planet" He is Lois, he is! ^_^

From LnC 3x22:

He won't forget you, Lois! TT^TT

Last part...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomariS View Post
    Lois is really liking all those nicknames:

And in Smallville it was the reverse. Lois had every kind of nickname for Clark, for teasing as well as for loving. Clark had a way of saying her name in a way that conveyed so much emotion. It was cute but I remember hoping just once he'd call Lois honey or some other but in the end I was still happy with what we got, it's like he enjoyed saying her name so much, he couldn't call her by any other name.

Incredible Member

Superman & Lois Lane by Ron Adrian.