Page 45 of 243 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Honestly, the only way I'm rationalizing this to myself is that I think it will likely hold off the next full roll back. I think it gives them a new status quo to play with in a way that is different enough to keep them from going full OMD in the next Crisis. I think we'd essentially still see a solid loving family dynamic, just in a different context. Bendis has said he wants to show romance, commitment, and marriage in comics isn't and "end" and that you don't need couples to fight and break up to keep drama going in a narrative. To paraphrase his last Word Balloon interview, Lois and Clark would still be fighting the same fights, backing each other up, and enjoying the hell out of every minute they are together. Their marriage would just be a different shape than the traditional family fitting their non-traditional lifestyle.
    That he even has to defend the concept of a stable family in comics is a sad commentary on the fossilized mindset of those in the industry.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Bringing back the triangle. Wow, it's like we've never seen that before, huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I think that is kind of the point, when Bendis discusses it he refers it seems to the "Clark Kent, Reporter" persona. He's said Clark doesn't need to have a job, doesn't need money. He chose being a reporter because it means something to him, that it allows him to get to truths he cannot get at as Superman. And in that context, he sees Lois Lane as the his inspirational figure. I suspect Lois will be the one to see this and broach the new arrangement

And I don't think Bendis will see it as he's losing his family, he'll still have Jon and Lois as his family they'll just be a different part of his life. "Clark Kent" will go back to being a disguise to just allow Clark to investigate things he can't do as Superman. He and Lois will still have adventures in that regard, assuming Lois eventually returns to the Planet. They'll be coworkers again with the inverted wrinkle of now having to pretend they aren't husband and wife. Jon will still be a full time superhero he's lived as for the last 7 years in Superman with his father and occasionally helping his mother and his ex-stepfather out as well.

It's basically the old silver/bronze age Clark persona with the family added in.
    in the end it all comes down to how we see Clark's character, his work is very important, but so is his family, if you take away one of these two things, you are pulling something from the character that has characterized him for many years, of course Bendis will say that Clark will still have his family through Superman, but things will not be the same. this would completely change the Clark / Superman dynamic. It could be interesting or it could be a disaster, only time will tell..

Last edited by Akane; 01-16-2019 at 02:44 PM.

x

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Akane View Post

x
    These are perhaps the best pin-up style pics of each character we've seen in years. The splash page gave me a very 90s' vibe when I first saw it, and not in a bad way.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    Bringing back the triangle. Wow, it's like we've never seen that before, huh.
    Why Bendis feel the need to do this? The triangle for two was irrelevant in recent clois incarcerations, fans outside comic book themselves already accepting this status quo. Why bring it back? ��
    Lois and Clark, Clark and Lois..no matter what, when or where it's always you two. Even in fractured quantum space-time you manage to find each other..but if those tinkering busybodies couldn't keep you apart, why should I waste my time?- Mr Mxyzptlk, Superman #19

Incredible Member

Suddenly I feel like I want to pack the Kent family and send them back to Hamilton County and make them taking care of cows and chickens in their farm. Those good ole days T^T
    Lois and Clark, Clark and Lois..no matter what, when or where it's always you two. Even in fractured quantum space-time you manage to find each other..but if those tinkering busybodies couldn't keep you apart, why should I waste my time?- Mr Mxyzptlk, Superman #19

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    Suddenly I feel like I want to pack the Kent family and send them back to Hamilton County and make them taking care of cows and chickens in their farm. Those good ole days T^T
    You can Count me on for that, too. Hamilton County, what wonderful place it was.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    Why Bendis feel the need to do this? The triangle for two was irrelevant in recent clois incarcerations, fans outside comic book themselves already accepting this status quo. Why bring it back? ��
    I don't know why there is a need to create all these complications for the public eye as if like Lois was with two men. Feels weird, uncomfortable and unnecesarry.

"...the more that I know I am Clark."
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Aww, that's so sweet! ^_^
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)