Page 235 of 243 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235236237238239 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 3638
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by _Beautiful_Temptress_ View Post
    Oh my, it is hot in here. :P

Both it and DCeased were pretty good this week. Super Sons, on the other end, save for a few usual cool moments, ended not so strong. I still gonna missed it, tho.

BTW, with Lois' debut today, writer Dave Elliott shared a story he pitched with Scott Hampton for a Lois focused Elseworld:

Scott Hampton and I pitched DC a Lois Lane Elseworlds graphic novel year ago that was set in 1937 as Superman comes on the scene. She finds out Clark is really Superman and wins a Pulitzer when she publishes the story. That forces Superman to find a new city and a new identity.

The story was about Lois and how tough it is for a woman to succeed. She chose to run the story as it was the culmination of everything she wanted, but while fame came, she lost Superman. She then used her detective skills to track down where Superman had gone...

On finding him, the two stay in this new town running a small newspaper together and live happily ever after.
    Source.

It could have some issues (like Elseworlds tend to), but as an alternative story? I'd love to see it unfold. Plus, with Scott Hampton's art, surely it'd look pretty amazing.

Shame, really. Another Lois book we were denied to (and I'm forever bitter for not getting that Bryan Q. Miller/Chris Samnee one).
    Last edited by Jon11; 07-03-2019 at 01:39 PM.
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

A new Superman pastiche debuts this Wednesday with some familiar beats:

Speaking of Superman, the original superhero has been a popular target of satire for decades but few (if any) of those spoofs have stirred up the kind of angst that has greeted Second Coming, the Ahoy Comics limited series that premieres this Wednesday after months of sight-unseen criticism from Christian conservatives as well as their anti-publication petition effort, which was covered by Fox News and the World Religion News. The reason for the hubbub? The Second Coming presents the modern-day return of Jesus Christ who becomes roommates with a red-caped superhero who goes by the name Sunstar (but looks an awful lot like the Man of Steel).

Below, an exclusive excerpt from the first issue of Second Coming, which features the work of writer Mark Russell and artists Richard Pace & Leonard Kirk. Second Coming was originally announced as a release from DC’s Vertigo imprint (and was promoted a year ago this month at Comic-Con International in San Diego) but those plans were scrapped amid the conservative kerfuffle. The poject ended up at the less-corporate environs of Ahoy, the subversive-spirited start-up that already publishes Edgar Allan Poe’s Snifter of Terror and Planet of the Nerds.

Hart Seely, publisher of Ahoy, said he hasn’t had any second thoughts about Second Coming. “Why publish the Second Coming comic book? Publishers are supposed to challenge the institutions that would silence outside voices. If people have problems with this, I offer four points to consider. First, this is a comic book. Second, it’s funny. Third, the story has a great heart; God can handle it. And fourth, did I mention that it’s a comic book with a few laughs? Writer Mark Russell and artist Richard Pace have created a thoughtful satire of religion that deserves a wide readership.”

Check out the preview below to see whether you agree.

"Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

Source: Deadline.

Superman Smashes the Klan #1 preview:

Superman Smashes the Klan launches Oct. 16, with the first of three 80-page perfect bound issues. The collected edition of the story will be released in 2020. DC’s official solicitation for the first issue is below, followed by artwork from the issue.

“The year is 1946, and the Lee family has moved from Metropolis’s Chinatown to the center of the bustling city. While Dr. Lee is greeted warmly in his new position at the Metropolis Health Department, his two kids, Roberta and Tommy, are more excited about being closer to their famous hero, Superman!

“While Tommy adjusts to the fast pace of the city, Roberta feels out of place, as she tries and fails to fit in with the neighborhood kids. As the Lees try to adjust to their new lives, an evil is stirring in Metropolis: the Ku Klux Klan. When the Lee family awakens one night to find a burning cross on their lawn, they consider leaving town. But the Daily Planet offers a reward for information on the KKK, and their top two reporters, Lois Lane and Clark Kent, dig into the story.

“When Tommy is kidnapped by the KKK, Superman leaps into action — with help from Roberta! But Superman is still new to his powers — he hasn’t even worked out how to fly yet, so he has to run across town. Will Superman and Roberta reach Tommy in time?

“Inspired by the 1940s Superman radio serial ‘Clan of the Fiery Cross,’ Gene Luen Yang (American Born Chinese, Boxers and Saints, The Terrifics, New Super-Man) brings us his personal retelling of the adventures of the Lee family as they team up with Superman to smash the Klan.”

Last edited by Jon11; 07-10-2019 at 10:53 AM.

Last edited by Jon11; 07-10-2019 at 10:54 AM.

Last edited by Jon11; 07-10-2019 at 10:55 AM.

From the upcoming last issue (I think) of Superman: Up in the Sky:

Source: Sandra Hope (inker).

“Mythologies: Superman” by Mauricio Abril:

Coming in October:

The Dark Multiverse takes on the highest-selling comic book event of all time, courtesy of writer Jeff Loveness (Rick and Morty, DC’S NUCLEAR WINTER SPECIAL, DC’S MYSTERIES OF LOVE IN SPACE), with art by Brad Walker (DETECTIVE COMICS) and Andrew Hennessy (SINESTRO, THE DEMON: HELL IS EARTH, TITANS), with a cover by Lee Weeks.

In a broken world much like our own, Lois Lane, twisted by rage and grief over the Man of Steel’s death, becomes the Eradicator, taking revenge on those who let Superman die and the corrupt world he could never defeat. Now, with the power of a god, she’s going to end the “never-ending” battle by any means necessary, halting the Reign of the Supermen before it even begins.
    The team behind it is pretty good, so I'll give it a chance. I think Loveness is pretty capable of giving it some deep.

Also... Man, how much I miss Lee Weeks on Superman related stuff. But I'll content myself with him doing covers for now.
    Last edited by Jon11; 07-15-2019 at 11:12 AM.

Astonishing Member

Regarding the DM: Death of Superman featuring Lois as a POV, I'm only happy that it's a new out of continuity story where Lois isn't fridged. It should be interesting but I'm not so sure about either of my favourite couple turning evil, however slight or supposedly justified.