Page 28 of 243 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TomariS View Post
    And speaking of Henry and Amy:

Wonderful, thanks!

More Clois:

"My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Part 2:

"My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Astonishing Member

Yeah, she understood Clark's reasoning even if she didn't know. Maxwell Lord + Checkmate were after Clark's "other" identity.

I hope this is the scene with Martha and Clark you're talking about:

Yes it is. Smallville rarely let us get inside Clark's head where Lois was concerned so I tend to appreciate it more when it happens. It revealed a vulnerable side to the character but not to expose a weakness in him, if that makes any sense. I've never been a fan of the triangle for two (not that I hate it) since I was always advocating for Clark to be honest from the start. I also felt it was never fair on Lois' character with the burden of the relationship unfairly placed on her shoulders unawares when she didn't know the truth but I loved what Smallville did in this regard.

Clark wasn't testing Lois to see who she loved best/more. It basically showed him what he was missing out by holding Lois at arm's length as Clark Kent while his alter ego got the best of her strength, resilience and overall greatness, who she loved was never the issue. As a consequence of splitting himself in two, so did Lois in how she related to him and it hurt him so the onus was no longer on Lois choosing a version of Clark over the other (she already loved him completely imo) but on Clark to tell her the truth because he wanted ALL of Lois for himself. For this, I love Smallville.

Edit: That phone booth conversation drives home my point. Clark's pained look at hearing Lois taking about what was important to her must have felt like a gut punch. She was looking for purpose and thought she'd found it in helping his alter ego, who was doing important things saving lives and for the first time he felt like he (as in Clark) would be left behind. Lois wanted to be of use and felt Clark's destiny as a hero was the best place to do good herself and unfortunately her wording hurt Clark the man, an unfortunate consequence that only Clark could correct.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 01-11-2019 at 11:56 PM.

BANNED

BANNED

Incredible Member

Reign of Supermen feels... T^T
    Last edited by cookies; 01-12-2019 at 07:53 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    Reign of Supermen feels... T^T
    Can't wait to watch Reign of the Supermen! Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Loving all the videos we're getting.

Incredible Member

Can't wait to watch Reign of the Supermen! Thanks for sharing.
    me too! i wonder if the real Superman will show up at the end with the black suit and a mullet! XD

Quote Originally Posted by _Beautiful_Temptress_ View Post
    Lovely art. Thanks for sharing, _Beautiful_Temptress_.

me too! i wonder if the real Superman will show up at the end with the black suit and a mullet! XD
    I know, right!
    Last edited by TomariS; 01-12-2019 at 08:28 AM.

Astonishing Member

I'm not a fan of mullets but I definitely love Clark's