Page 48 of 243 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Stardust View Post
    It's exactly the opposite for me. I fear this will only help the next roll back along.
    This will only stay for as long as Bendis is on, and given that Didio dislikes married superheroes, who says he won't try again for an "emproved" N52. The more often you change things by force the easier it gets.
    New52 lasted 5 years Rebirth 2 (I consider it dead already) . Not sure how long Bendis will last

Or they will say Bendis on a married Superman didn't turn out the results they expected after all the hype. Let's blame the marriage
    Didio's comments most recently on marriage were in the context of Batman, but they generally get applied across the board. I think at least with respect to Superman and the much broader acceptance of Lois Lane as his central love interest his position has somewhat softened since New 52. He was reportedly the person that pushed for Jon to be brought over into Rebirth as well as the Supersons. And the success of the Rebirth Superman books should really put the idea that Superman only works when unmarried to rest. It was as successful as N52 was and had much broader critical, fan success along with at least equal financial success.

Bendis for better or worse seems to be on the Superman books for as long as he likes barring a complete sales collapse. And the quick drop in sales that we have seen, or a leveling off more or less, occurred when there was no real presence of the family or marriage. You'd have to be willfully misinterpreting things to come to that conclusion.

I'm a massive fan of Lois Lane and Clark together. So I'm not in favor of any real status quo change. I'm willing to give Bendis the benefit of the doubt right now that he's not going to mess things up between them. I'm just trying to read the tea leaves with all this stuff with Lois in Action Comics and now with Jon being back and being seen in Superman 7. It's hard to see how they get out of this unscathed somehow. Bendis has repeatedly said he has no intention of breaking them up, he might just be giving them an obstacle to overcome together.

Quote Originally Posted by _Beautiful_Temptress_ View Post
    Attachment 77065

From ROTS.
    It was beautiful!! TT^TT
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Akane View Post
    Superman return has certain positive points, like the scene where Clark and Lois fly through the skies of Metropolis, the music, the sequence where Superman saves the plane, the scene where Lois rescues Superman from drowning while Richard watched her with a WTF face lol.
    True. I still think the flying scene was the most beautiful clois flying scene ever in history and him watching Lois though his xray vision in elevator scene, plus the music..it was pure magic..but this movie also annoys me to no end
    Lois and Clark, Clark and Lois..no matter what, when or where it's always you two. Even in fractured quantum space-time you manage to find each other..but if those tinkering busybodies couldn't keep you apart, why should I waste my time?- Mr Mxyzptlk, Superman #19

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by _Beautiful_Temptress_ View Post
    Attachment 77065

From ROTS.
    Sighhhh
    My babies<3 I'm gonna watch this again this weekend
    Lois and Clark, Clark and Lois..no matter what, when or where it's always you two. Even in fractured quantum space-time you manage to find each other..but if those tinkering busybodies couldn't keep you apart, why should I waste my time?- Mr Mxyzptlk, Superman #19

Incredible Member

She don't always give movies good reviews I guess she really like reign of supermen XD

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Thanks for sharing! =)
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

BANNED

Incredible Member

animated movie version

Incredible Member

comic book version.

credit to comicsclois tumblr

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    comic book version.

credit to comicsclois tumblr
    This is one of my favorite issues of Superman and one that I think is pretty much responsible for my love of the Clark and Lois dynamic. Loved it as a kid, Tom Grummett’s Superman is pretty much the default image of Superman in my head.

I also think they use one of the stories Clark and Lois talk about and discard as too far fetched to bring back “Clark Kent” in the Regin of the Supermen movie. I didn’t quite catch it but it sounded like they imply Superman found Clark wandering or something.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    * Clark covers Jon's eyes with his hand *
    XDDDD

BANNED

Astonishing Member

I still have to read the original books. I bought them on Comixology after watching DoS, now I just need to the time to read.

So I can't really compare the two versions of their reunion but I do like the animated movie if only it wasn't beside Cyborg's floating body. It undercuts the romantic imagery of Clois embracing so beautifully against the sunny backdrop.

they are a little dated but hold up surprisingly well for early 90’s comics. The