Page 181 of 243 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 3638

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post

and then Jimmy c***block them again as usual XD
    I think Jimmy has a radar that warns him every time Lois & Clark are going PDA or beyond PDA territory! XD
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

speaking of Bendis, did you see his tweet today? interesting huh...
    https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...02301590708224
    Action comics starting with 1006 is the lead up, THEN it REALLY ramps up in the 80 page Superman special, which is an enormous Superman story, and then #DCEVENTLEVIATHAN has Lois Lane in almost every panel. beyond that, no spoilers. its a MYSTERY story.
    Sounds interesting. I want to see what's her role in this story.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I saw that as well. Pretty interesting. Maybe it involves her search or rescuing of Sam Lane or working with him in this as well. But it’s got to be tying into her solo series.

Also hopeful this is a mystery event, with the stakes maybe more on the espionage side scale. Bendis’ universe altering events aren’t my favorite.
    Oh! I'd love to see some espionage stuff with Lois and Clark!
    Last edited by TomariS; 03-17-2019 at 07:43 PM.
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    He did say a lot of the right things in that NYCC panel with Bendis, and was very complimentary of Lois, but I'm solidly with you all on his lacking the ability to actually tell good stories, particularly with any type of romantic angle or just women in general, anymore. So yeah, I don't trust him to a good origin and definitely don't trust him to write women at all. Lana will probably be some sort of stereotypical hayseed first love, Lois likely some variation of his femme fatale character. I expect she'll go undercover as a prostitute or something at one point, and who knows what he's going to do with Lori. I expect all three will be treated to the half baked pervy stuff he passes as romantic that people like to oversell as some transcendent statement on empowerment or whatever.
    And this is my main concern, waaay beyond Clark and Lois being together as a couple: the fact that he struggles when he writes female characters. And if I remember correctly, he's not fond of Lois' character (his comments in the past). If he has changed his thoughts about her, remains to be seen (IMO). When this project was announced I was like "He can bring Lana, Lori, Lyla, or whoever he wants and create Clark's harem if he wants. I just hope he forgets to use Lois Lane's character."

I don't expect it to bomb. It's going to sell well and will be ordered well. But I'll be surprised if it is critically well received or has any lasting impact on the character or line. I don't think he's actually written anything from like 2000 onward that has appealed to me and much of his modern output are examples of some of the worst comics published in the 2000's. I mean, Holy Terror, DKII and ASBAR are three of the worst comics to come out in that decade and all three of those were his own solo writing. DKIII was praised for mainly not being as bad as DKII and it's likely a lot of that goes to Azzrello's credit. So on that alone to expect some transcendent origin for Superman seems really overly optimistic.

And I also don't believe that it's being set up as an incontinuity origin at all. For one, I think if that was going to happen it would be Bendis to do it. He's taken the whole Superman line under his direction. Everything is basically going through him as he feels he's going to redefine Superman for the modern era. Regardless of your feelings on that, the idea that he'd let Frank Miller handle Superman's origin in that context is not something I think is likely. Every Superman book is basically under his direct or indirect control and he's handpicked everyone working on the offshoots, from Supergirl, to the Lois & Jimmy books. This is the Bendis show for now.

More likely, it will be like Batman Damned. Exist as its own thing, with probably a lot of people at DC paying lip service to it's "greatness" but beyond that not having any real impact on the direction of the character.
    I think it's out of continuity.
    Last edited by TomariS; 03-17-2019 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I'm going to wait a while before I buy this year one story and see what folks say about. My biggest selling point is Lois Lane. If he messes with her as an important element of Clark's story or messes her dynamic with Clark, he/DC won't see a single red cent from me. Because this is YO, I get that the L&C relationship may not be full frontal, it is an origins of before Clark is fully realised as the hero we are familiar with. They will have different dynamic than what they have now. AA alien did the same thing and I enjoyed that, what I want is for miller to respect the characters and not project his feelings onto the page and warp what we know of these characters. There is a way of writing a strong independent Lois without jumping off a cliff into caricature territory. The same goes for Clark. So I'm going to take a 'wait and see" approach before I waste my money.
    Exactly! And even with all the explanations it's not enough because according to some, "shippers" are just mad because "we" want to see Clark and Lois together (). Truth is that if the story and the writing of the characters is not good, I want no clois in mr. Miller's version. (And I never expected clois to happen in any of his books, hehehe...)

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    DCAU universe(deviantart):

Attachment 79854
    Thanks for sharing, adrikito!
    Last edited by TomariS; 03-17-2019 at 08:36 PM.

The good thing is that they weren't interrupted this time, woohoo! Smallville was the comic with one of the best versions of clois, when the continuity at that time was failing.
    Last edited by TomariS; 03-17-2019 at 09:11 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomariS View Post
    Exactly! And even with all the explanations it's not enough because according to some, "shippers" are just mad because "we" want to see Clark and Lois together (). Truth is that if the story and the writing of the characters is not good, I want no clois in mr. Miller's version. (And I never expected clois to happen in any of his books, hehehe...)

Thanks for sharing, adrikito!
    It's not about wanting L&C to be together all of the time in every single story. Lois may have been there from AC#1 but that doesn't mean she was there from the moment Clark's ship crashed into Smallville. You can expand the narrative without crapping on the characters or their importance to the overall story. If you keep writing characters ooc, you will get a push back. DC has finally come to their senses where Lois is concerned, if he wants to write a contradictory dynamic, he's more than welcome to stick to his verse, away from main line continuity.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomariS View Post
    And this is my main concern, waaay beyond Clark and Lois being together as a couple: the fact that he struggles when he writes female characters. And if I remember correctly, he's not fond of Lois' character (his comments in the past). If he has changed his thoughts about her, remains to be seen (IMO). When this project was announced I was like "He can bring Lana, Lori, Lyla, or whoever he wants and create Clark's harem if he wants. I just hope he forgets to use Lois Lane's character."

I think it's out of continuity.
    I can't wait to see Clark's harem in year one book. superheros need to bang at least 15 women before they gets their superhero certification because superpowers makes them h*rny like bunny in heat with no morality, real human emotions or dignity lol.
    Last edited by cookies; 03-18-2019 at 03:01 PM.
    Lois and Clark, Clark and Lois..no matter what, when or where it's always you two. Even in fractured quantum space-time you manage to find each other..but if those tinkering busybodies couldn't keep you apart, why should I waste my time?- Mr Mxyzptlk, Superman #19

Incredible Member

I'm going to wait a while before I buy this year one story and see what folks say about. My biggest selling point is Lois Lane. If he messes with her as an important element of Clark's story or messes her dynamic with Clark, he/DC won't see a single red cent from me. Because this is YO, I get that the L&C relationship may not be full frontal, it is an origins of before Clark is fully realised as the hero we are familiar with. They will have different dynamic than what they have now. AA alien did the same thing and I enjoyed that, what I want is for miller to respect the characters and not project his feelings onto the page and warp what we know of these characters. There is a way of writing a strong independent Lois without jumping off a cliff into caricature territory. The same goes for Clark. So I'm going to take a 'wait and see" approach before I waste my money.
    I think I'll do the same. Lois's characterization in the story always be my guide line to see if the book is worth buying or not. Prove me wrong but we often will see
    great characterization of Lois = great superman story.
    Lois and Clark, Clark and Lois..no matter what, when or where it's always you two. Even in fractured quantum space-time you manage to find each other..but if those tinkering busybodies couldn't keep you apart, why should I waste my time?- Mr Mxyzptlk, Superman #19

Lois, Clark...and the Kent farm:

+ the lost link

It would be bad enough to realize that the Legion of Super Heroes never exists in this timeline - a thought their fans have been stewing over ever since the New 52 erased them - but it gets worse. Upon investigation, it was then that Manhattan realized no world was even left for Ferro Lad TO save. Not a millennium into the future. Not a century. Not a decade. The New 52 he made is destined to fail because it isn't strong enough.

Which means fans have no choice left but to wait and see how Johns' Doomsday Clock sets things right. Only then can DC's new age survive despite Manhattan's failure, and leave the New 52 behind for good.
    Better late than never I guess.
    Last edited by TomariS; 03-18-2019 at 11:41 PM.

Love seeing the evolution of their relationship and how the farm was always a special place for them.

The final part of the gifset:

From Superman Vol 2 50: “The Human Factor”:

It's not about wanting L&C to be together all of the time in every single story. Lois may have been there from AC#1 but that doesn't mean she was there from the moment Clark's ship crashed into Smallville. You can expand the narrative without crapping on the characters or their importance to the overall story. If you keep writing characters ooc, you will get a push back. DC has finally come to their senses where Lois is concerned, if he wants to write a contradictory dynamic, he's more than welcome to stick to his verse, away from main line continuity.
    I think I'll do the same. Lois's characterization in the story always be my guide line to see if the book is worth buying or not. Prove me wrong but we often will see
    great characterization of Lois = great superman story.
    My thoughts exactly. IMO, the concerns about the writing of certain characters are valid after seeing "past versions" from this writer.

Vague but reassuring little update from Bendis:

C1D91C6A-1E20-4D3F-A354-E8D24AD6BB0D.jpg