Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    This is certainly prevalent in certain corners which only makes me appreciate HiC#4 more than I normally would because it didn't pander to those sectors. Batman has long been given undue authority over everything that happens in the DCU, this needs to change and L&C are happily married and are coworkers, you simply can't expect them to not act in the pursuit of truth while going after justice at the same time...

...and Batman is a hypocrite and needs to take a seat since his behaviour leans on the side of dubious to morally reprehensible when it comes to keeping secrets.
    I think there is a bit of an unapologetic streak to both King and Bendis' handling of Lois and Clark. They recognize the story value incorporating the journalistic sides of the characters can have, especially working together. Something that was pretty absent for a long time. Bendis has commented on how great it is to see the Daily Planet staff working together being the top of their professions. I really hope we see more of that including Lois going forward. I hoping for some of that in Doomsday Clock as well working towards the close of the series. And we are definitely seeing that here. Honestly, Lois is probably one of the few people who is actually doing their jobs well in this series. We have Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman setting up a therapy AI without any medical training!

Though I do think King made a misstep when he had Superman reference their marriage. Clark is a journalist and employee of the Daily Planet, same as Lois. He's bound by the same rules and policies as she is. As journalists alone they would be able to discuss how to handle the story confidentially within that context. Pre-marriage Clark couldn't take what he knows from Lois and tattle to Batman regardless.

The marriage certainly adds an emotional wrinkle, but it really carries no more weight in this context (less really) than their professional responsibilities.
    Last edited by Yoda; 01-05-2019 at 12:08 PM.