Page 57 of 243 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    how tall is lois supposed to be?
    I have no idea, but just out of curiosity I searched for the height of all the actresses who have played Lois Lane and their respective Clark Kent/Superman:

Noel Neill 5' 4"
    George Reeves 6' 1"

Margot Kidder 5' 6"
    Christopher Reeve 6' 4"

Teri Hatcher 5' 6"
    Dean Cain 5' 11½"

Erica Durance 5' 7"
    Tom Welling 6' 2¾"

Kate Bosworth 5' 5"
    Brandon Routh 6' 2½"

Amy Adams 5' 4"
    Henry Cavill 6' 1"

Elizabeth Tulloch 5' 6"
    Tyler Hoechlin 5' 11¾"

My source was IMDB.

I think 5'6'' is the best bet. It's funny, I always thought that Teri would be the highest, but it turns out that the highest is Erica. I'm surprised by the height of Christopher Reeve, is the highest Superman by far, while Tyler and Dean are the shortest, there is no surprise there

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    Lois never listen part 2.
    Don't worry Clark, she knows that what she does is dangerous.
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    Lois never listen part 1.
    Thanks for sharing, cookies!!
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Quote Originally Posted by TomariS View Post
    Don't worry Clark, she knows that what she does is dangerous.
    Lois never listened even in the 1940s Fleischer cartoons. Go to the 3:05 minute mark.

Incredible Member

im pissed at some people hating Lois because Superman loves her too much? never involved in twitter argument about fictional character lol! well, idk what comics, tv series or movies the shippers err..i mean, these people are watching/reading? it was one of his tropes to love Lois that much. as tragic his origin story was, Clark had a sheltered childhood because the Kents love him will all their hearts and they show him how strong human love can be. he grew up knowing about the power of human love and kindness from his adopted parents and he want that kind of love for himself too. yes, he had previous love interests before Lois and those experiences was vital for his growth as a person. when he met Lois, he was utterly in love with her because she's a freaking awesome person tbw. the lady is smart, beautiful and dont take bs from anybody. she cares about the truth in her stories because she knows it will affected the public in general. she champions the people without voice though her writings. the lady is very much his equal in truth and justice thank you very much.
    haters cant brain it because to them she's not his equal(because of shallow reasons like she's not strong enough physically to have sex with him but failed to mention why Superman can walk on a road without leaving a giant dent on it) he loves her, she's his everything/world, she's the mother of his canon child, she is his equal and his safe heaven. if you can accept he can shoot laser through his eyes, you can accept the great love he has for this woman and will go crazy if he loses her. end rant
    Lois and Clark, Clark and Lois..no matter what, when or where it's always you two. Even in fractured quantum space-time you manage to find each other..but if those tinkering busybodies couldn't keep you apart, why should I waste my time?- Mr Mxyzptlk, Superman #19

Astonishing Member

Clark LOVES Lois end of story. She means everything to him. Those who can't stand that, well tough luck. Clark isn't like other superheroes who can jump from relationship to relationship without blinking. He's characterised by his constancy, faithfulness and devotion not just to Lois but to saving people. He's driven by it in fact. It is what makes him Superman. Lois has always been a big part of that and always will be. When they take Lois out of his story, be it through her fridging or inserting some other women into his life in order to lessen the bond between Lois and Clark, it always fails because other women can't measure up to her in terms of significance whether to the story or in his life. Who cares that thy are even powered when she isn't.

I was just watching 10x01 of Smallville yesterday and old clone Lex even says it, Clark will be a broken man if Lois dies and that's long before their relationship is cemented and is as strong as we see in the comics and other medium. That is the reality and fighting against it is futile because DC is never going to change it. Lois Lane is IT for Superman.

Edit: I think the mistake that many make is assuming Clark being "broken" over the loss of Lois means he won't be Superman without her. He can. He just will not ever love another woman like Lois. Using Injustice as basis for their hatred of Lois' role in Clark's life is faulty since that story isn't canon. It's a horrible elseworld that I wish would vanish from existence.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 01-20-2019 at 11:41 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Clark LOVES Lois end of story. She means everything to him. Those who can't stand that, well tough luck. Clark isn't like other superheroes who can jump from relationship to relationship without blinking. He's characterised by his constancy, faithfulness and devotion not just to Lois but to saving people. He's driven by it in fact. It is what makes him Superman. Lois has always been a big part of that and always will be. When they take Lois out of his story, be it through her fridging or inserting some other women into his life in order to lessen the bond between Lois and Clark, it always fails because other women can't measure up to her in terms of significance whether to the story or in his life. Who cares that thy are even powered when she isn't.

I was just watching 10x01 of Smallville yesterday and old clone Lex even says it, Clark will be a broken man if Lois dies and that's long before their relationship is cemented and is as strong as we see in the comics and other medium. That is the reality and fighting against it is futile because DC is never going to change it. Lois Lane is IT for Superman.

Edit: I think the mistake that many make is assuming Clark being "broken" over the loss of Lois means he won't be Superman without her. He can. He just will not ever love another woman like Lois. Using Injustice as basis for their hatred of Lois' role in Clark's life is faulty since that story isn't canon. It's a horrible elseworld that I wish would vanish from existence.
    right! in every incarnation of Superman in popculture, Superman cant lose Lois because she is his heart, his freaking beating heart. she is not a small side character .if he were to lose her, he'd lose himself. it's not us the shippers saying this, it was the character himself saying those things. example 1.
    at 1:32
    Lois and Clark, Clark and Lois..no matter what, when or where it's always you two. Even in fractured quantum space-time you manage to find each other..but if those tinkering busybodies couldn't keep you apart, why should I waste my time?- Mr Mxyzptlk, Superman #19

Incredible Member

example 2 at 0:33

Incredible Member

and the infamous fan favourite Injustice. the convos between good Superman and Batman at 2:53

it was not us shippers writhing fanfictions about this. it was Superman/Clark/Kal El himself.

BANNED

Tom King really should have found some use for this in his story

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    So I just read the Superman Walmart Giant #7, I’d steer clear of it if you’re a Lois fan. It’s Superman waiting in an intergalactic phone line to call home to Lois and imagining her being killed over and over again, graphically on panel, because he isn’t there to save her. She’s ok and they have a cute conversation on the phone at the end, but Injustice was more tasteful.

I’m so disappointed in Tom King. He wrote one of the best Lois & Clark stories in Superfriends and now this, which is probably one of the worst.

Not to bring down the appreciation thread, but I had talked it up before here and it’s just a disgusting comic and I wanted to warn people off it.
    The sad part about it is that it's the kind of controversy I expect of DC Comics under Didio's management. Sigh.

The cover is fine, at least:

Via Brad Anderson.

By igorcicarini:

By guilhermerm_arts:

"Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

"Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

From Action Comics #836:

By Dan Jurgens.

From Superman/Batman #36:

By Pat Lee.

From Action Comics #736:

By Tom Grummett.