Mighty Member

Default Kon El evolution in comic and future/ also the TV Versions

Hello,

I have to say that I am a big fan of Conner, BUT I think that the actual Young Justice Comic Series Conner is not a good mix of the Conner Versions before him.

So lets take a look first at

A COMIC VERSIONS of CONNER:

1. Kessel Conner:
    This Conner was not half-kryptonian, but was artificially altered to be like a Kryptonian.
    He had TTK based powers, but future Version like BLACK ZERO and SINS OF YOUTH Conner showed that also this Conner would get some Superpowers like Heat Vision which are like Kryptonian Powers.
    This Conner was entertaining, sometimes trash-talking and had the legendary Punk-Costume.
    At this time he was displayed as 160-180 pounds muscular guy.

2. Johns TT Conner:
    Conner became a half-kryptonian and developed real Kryptonian abilities, his TTK was less used in the series.
    He got his second legendary Costume and his attitude changed and he became more mature.
    This Conner also had incredible feats like fighting against Superboy Prime, Doomsday Clone, Brainiac etc.
    The future Titans of Tomorrow Conner showed that also his TTK will evolve.
    In this series he was displayed as much more muscular guy, he was around 210-220 pounds.

B TV VERSIONS OF CONNER

1. Smallville:
    We havent seen much of him in TV, he had a slightly other origin and was also half-kryptonian, half human.
    As far as I understood he also had some kind of TTK Powers, like his flying etc.

2. Reign of Supermen
    This Conner is half human, half kryptonian
    He seems to only have Kryptonian Powers, but his attitude is like the Kessel Version.

I saw that many people like this Version of Conner more than his Young Justice (ANIME) counterpart, because they prefer this attitude.

3. Titans Conner:
    This Conner is half human, half kryptonian with kryptonian abilities.
    He wears the Johns TT costume and is a also a muscular guy like the TT Version.

I really LOVE the look of Joshua in the Series and I also read that many people also like his look.

4. Young Justice Anime Conner:
    Half Human, Half Kryptonian, BUT only with half kryptonian powers.
    He is probably the weakest of all Conner Version, but he had his shields.

I absolutely LOVE how he matured trough the Series, even I dont like the rest.

C Lets now look at REBIRTH YOUNG JUSTICE COMIC CONNER:

He seemingly has the Pre-Flashpoint TT Conner origin.
    I dont understand if IC and his TT Run are still in continuity, but I think at the moment they arent.
    The look is based on the Kessel Version regarding the body-size and costume.

The Powers are kryptonian, but he probably also still has TTK Powers.
    I didnt see much of him so far, but he seems to be not as powerful as he was at the end of the TT Series.
    The attitude is more based on the TT Conner...

I personally DONT like this mix and regarding the opinions which I read on "TITANS Superboy" and "REIGN OF SUPERMEN Superboy" I also think that another mix could maybe work better:

I. Look:
    Body-Size: 200-220 pounds muscular guy like the Johns TT Conner or TITANS TV SERIES Conner.
    Costume: Kessel Version with the leather-jacket etc.
    shaved beard, wild hairs, maybe also the tattoo like the TITANS TV SERIES Conner.
    Many people like the Titans TV Series Conner and the original Kessel Costume is the favorite Version among the Conner Fans, so I think its the best look.

2. Powers:
    TTK+Kryptonian Powers, but at the level of the TT Conner.
    He was able to fight against Superboy Prime, so I think that he is now weaker at the moment.
    I really really hope that he uses his TTK Powers more often to show how different he is to Clark,Kara and Jon.

3. Attitude and behaviour:
    I read that many people like the "Reign of Supermen Anime Film" Conner with his attitude and his jokes and I also loved it, because it reminded me at Kessel Conner.
    I really think that the actual Young Justice Comic Conner is to silent etc. and he needs more of the attitude of the "Reign of Supermen" ANIME Conner and Kessel Conner, who was extremely entertaining.
    MIXED with the mature attitude of the Young Justice Anime Series Conner who grew into the role.

4. Age:
    I think that Conner really needs to age and become the Nightwing of the Super-Family, since he is now a teenager since his debut and we saw that it worked with Nightwing, Roy Harper and Wally West so I really think that Conner should also have the chance to grow up.

In the Young Justice Anime Series he is basically the NIGHTWING of the SUPER-FAMILY.
    Last edited by Masterff; 12-29-2019 at 07:24 AM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I think Conner is fine as is, but as for being Nightwing for the Super family I have to disagree. He was a child when Wally and Dick were already in their adult personas. Of any character were to be the Nightwing of the Super family, it's rather Supergirl or Power Girl.

They've been around much longer, one is the right age (PG) and the other is the most well-known secondary super (SG). If anything, Conner is Batgirl or a second Robin. He's popular, but he's not nearly the front runner next to Kara the way Dick is to Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    C Lets now look at REBIRTH YOUNG JUSTICE COMIC CONNER:

He seemingly has the Pre-Flashpoint TT Conner origin.
    I dont understand if IC and his TT Run are still in continuity, but I think at the moment they arent.
    Flash Annual #2 confirmed that that TT run IS at least partially in continuity. Bart visited the San Francisco Titans Tower looking for Conner, Tim and Cassie. Titans Tower is traditionally in New York and thus that was definitely the 2003 team's tower.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I think Conner is fine as is, but as for being Nightwing for the Super family I have to disagree. He was a child when Wally and Dick were already in their adult personas. Of any character were to be the Nightwing of the Super family, it's rather Supergirl or Power Girl.

They've been around much longer, one is the right age (PG) and the other is the most well-known secondary super (SG). If anything, Conner is Batgirl or a second Robin. He's popular, but he's not nearly the front runner next to Kara the way Dick is to Bruce.
    I strictly believe that Conner can easily surpass Kara in terms of popularity if you make him like I have written above in the comics.
    I miss the power and feats of the Johns TT Superboy and the coolness of the Kessel Version.

Conner is a major character in the YJ (Anime Series), is also in the new DCAU film and also in the Titans TV Series, so I think Conner will surpass Kara in terms of popularity soon.

Not true:

1.) If you take the Pre-Flashpoint Timeline then Conner was there BEFORE Kara.
    Conner was "born" during "Reign of Supermen" and at this time there was the Matrix Supergirl.

2.) Considering the age Kara and Conner should be now at the same age, maybe Conner even older.

3.) Kara doesnt need a name change, since there isnt (at the moment) another girl in the Kryptonian family, while Conner and Jon have the same Code-Name at the moment.
    You mentioned Robin...This is like what I said: Conner was Superboy, but now Jon is Superboy and Conner can take a new Code-Name...

4.) If you consider the feats than Conner should be (after IC) be in front of Kara

5.) If IC is back in history than Conner should also be the more popular character (for the people in the comics), since he got his own statue next to Superman etc.