Page 213 of 243 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 3638
    Incredible Member

morning greeting
    part 2.

Lois and Clark, Clark and Lois..no matter what, when or where it's always you two. Even in fractured quantum space-time you manage to find each other..but if those tinkering busybodies couldn't keep you apart, why should I waste my time?- Mr Mxyzptlk, Superman #19

Incredible Member

DC Collectibles Animated Series SUPERMAN & LOIS LANE Action Figure Review.
    Lois and Clark, Clark and Lois..no matter what, when or where it's always you two. Even in fractured quantum space-time you manage to find each other..but if those tinkering busybodies couldn't keep you apart, why should I waste my time?- Mr Mxyzptlk, Superman #19

Incredible Member

― “Incorruptible power meets fearless mortal. Marriage ensues. They’re the best romance in all of superhero comics history and only make more sense the more you think about them.“ – Dean Trippe

credit to Loislaneism
    Last edited by cookies; 04-12-2019 at 06:58 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    /sighs/thank God! XD i do feel like more and more writers are using Lois in their story these days and her role not just limited as Superman's wifeu and a mom. a positive development
    I want Lois Lane to be explored beyond being wife and a mother. I absolutely love her in those roles but she's infinitely more than that. It's like she's been forgotten somehow, the essence of the character that was introduced to us. We need to see ALL the sides of Lois Lane. And I'd like to see Clark interact with Lois in her element. I think we saw a little bit of that in the L&C mini a few years back. There needs to be a balance between seeing Lois in Superman's world and seeing Clark in Lois', if you get what I mean.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I want Lois Lane to be explored beyond being wife and a mother. I absolutely love her in those roles but she's infinitely more than that. It's like she's been forgotten somehow, the essence of the character that was introduced to us. We need to see ALL the sides of Lois Lane. And I'd like to see Clark interact with Lois in her element. I think we saw a little bit of that in the L&C mini a few years back. There needs to be a balance between seeing Lois in Superman's world and seeing Clark in Lois', if you get what I mean.
    Agree!she's more than the love of Superman's life and the mother of his child. She's an award winning investigative reporter for God sake. She been doing that years before Superman entered her life or without any resources like Batman.
    Ignorant "fans" always complaining about her being the damsel in distress from Sliver Age stuff without reading the current stuff about her. It's time for DC to correct that perception and enlighten those backward goons with a great characterization of Lois in all forms of media. She's one of the co-leads in Superman lore besides Superman himself and the Kents. She's not just a side character or a character outside of Superman lore. It's time for her to shine.. it was long overdue tbh.
    Last edited by cookies; 04-12-2019 at 08:02 AM.

Incredible Member

his private superhero with no superpowers or skimpy superhero outfit. saving him over and over again with her words because those words are more powerful than any superpowers in this universe.

Last edited by cookies; 04-13-2019 at 06:59 AM.

Incredible Member

credit to wlois

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    his private superhero ... saving him over and over again with her words because those words are more powerful than any superpowers in this universe.
    I feel like Lois is something of a bridge between a powered alien who just wants to do good with what he has and a world that through the influence of someone like Lex Luthor and his money, has become mistrustful of genuine goodness. @Yoda mentioned how the secret identity can be used in today's generation to build up Clark's character but I think another aspect of it also lies on Lois' role in helping the public accept, welcome and trust this seemingly all powerful alien and not once feel like he's there to subjugate and rule them despite Luthor's ardent views on the matter. She was the one to give him the name "Superman" and her articles go a long way towards cementing the trust that people have for Superman because Lois is a true believer and therefore his champion at a time when things aren't so smooth for the man of steel. We all assume that the instant that Clark comes out as Superman that it's all smooth sailing for the guy but he wouldn't honour Lois as his own personal hero if he hadn't experienced bumps and challenges along the way. which is why forcibly removing her presence from his life as a superhero undercuts his overall story. It can and has been done but that don't mean you're going to end up with best Superman story ever told.

I'm not saying Clark could never become Superman without Lois, or that she is the one that inspires him to in the first place, a misconception that has, in the past, heaped unfair criticism against Lois' character (I saw it with Smallville). LNC actually shows what happens to Clark without Lois in his life. He still saves people because it's in his nature but the guy is plagued with doubts and fears because he IS an alien and it's not as though those are openly welcomed after the Kents basically drilled into his psyche when they were still raising him that he ought to stay hidden for his own safety. He never considers "showing" himself to the world, until Lois. it easily could have devolved from criminals being afraid of him to even regular law abiding citizens thinking the absolute worst of him because they didn't know him nor his intentions from a bar of soap. Smallville did cover this part of Clark superhero life between S8 and 10 and it also took Lois's role in his life to propel him into the stratosphere, metaphorically of course, because of her unshakable faith in him. Without knowing it, Lois basically gives him a voice, a sort of identity (beyond just the name) that helps win over the people of Metropolis so when they think Superman, they think of someone who's on their side, someone they can trust and depend on no matter what.

There are ways to still keep the secret identity in play and for a "season" that benefits both characters. Clark can grow as an individual who learns to trust while Lois reinforces the integrity of Superman without appearing to sway the public unduly because she has a personal stake in people's opinion of him. I think when retelling Superman's "year one" story, these are two things, along with the infusing of hope throughout, that need to be addressed for the continued success of Superman as a brand. I think this is what ultimately failed the DCEU's Superman brand, BvS worked against the Superman character and his universe through superimposing a million plots (some too soon) instead of focusing on the main character as he established himself in his world as the hero people could believe in after what had happened with other Kryptonians in MoS. There was little hope in BvS and then there was too much of it in JL and yet we as viewers weren't privy to any of it, we were just told rather than showed, a grievous storytelling mistake and therefore black mark against what should have been the greatest Superman trilogy ever. As much as us fans would always be supportive of the character, the GA was less forgiving and here we all are....

...sorry about that last minute rant.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 04-13-2019 at 08:37 AM.

IMG_wbq28.jpg

Screenshot_20190413-234303_SCViewer.jpg

"Have I told you how much I love you?".

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I feel like Lois is something of a bridge between a powered alien who just wants to do good with what he has and a world that through the influence of someone like Lex Luthor and his money, has become mistrustful of genuine goodness. @Yoda mentioned how the secret identity can be used in today's generation to build up Clark's character but I think another aspect of it also lies on Lois' role in helping the public accept, welcome and trust this seemingly all powerful alien and not once feel like he's there to subjugate and rule them despite Luthor's ardent views on the matter. She was the one to give him the name "Superman" and her articles go a long way towards cementing the trust that people have for Superman because Lois is a true believer and therefore his champion at a time when things aren't so smooth for the man of steel. We all assume that the instant that Clark comes out as Superman that it's all smooth sailing for the guy but he wouldn't honour Lois as his own personal hero if he hadn't experienced bumps and challenges along the way. which is why forcibly removing her presence from his life as a superhero undercuts his overall story. It can and has been done but that don't mean you're going to end up with best Superman story ever told.

I'm not saying Clark could never become Superman without Lois, or that she is the one that inspires him to in the first place, a misconception that has, in the past, heaped unfair criticism against Lois' character (I saw it with Smallville). LNC actually shows what happens to Clark without Lois in his life. He still saves people because it's in his nature but the guy is plagued with doubts and fears because he IS an alien and it's not as though those are openly welcomed after the Kents basically drilled into his psyche when they were still raising him that he ought to stay hidden for his own safety. He never considers "showing" himself to the world, until Lois. it easily could have devolved from criminals being afraid of him to even regular law abiding citizens thinking the absolute worst of him because they didn't know him nor his intentions from a bar of soap. Smallville did cover this part of Clark superhero life between S8 and 10 and it also took Lois's role in his life to propel him into the stratosphere, metaphorically of course, because of her unshakable faith in him. Without knowing it, Lois basically gives him a voice, a sort of identity (beyond just the name) that helps win over the people of Metropolis so when they think Superman, they think of someone who's on their side, someone they can trust and depend on no matter what.

There are ways to still keep the secret identity in play and for a "season" that benefits both characters. Clark can grow as an individual who learns to trust while Lois reinforces the integrity of Superman without appearing to sway the public unduly because she has a personal stake in people's opinion of him. I think when retelling Superman's "year one" story, these are two things, along with the infusing of hope throughout, that need to be addressed for the continued success of Superman as a brand. I think this is what ultimately failed the DCEU's Superman brand, BvS worked against the Superman character and his universe through superimposing a million plots (some too soon) instead of focusing on the main character as he established himself in his world as the hero people could believe in after what had happened with other Kryptonians in MoS. There was little hope in BvS and then there was too much of it in JL and yet we as viewers weren't privy to any of it, we were just told rather than showed, a grievous storytelling mistake and therefore black mark against what should have been the greatest Superman trilogy ever. As much as us fans would always be supportive of the character, the GA was less forgiving and here we all are....

...sorry about that last minute rant.
    Again, because we're not a disgruntled fandom I don't mind your long explanation of this wonderful couple dynamic and relationship( I'd not called it a rant XD) yeah, if someone who read superman but don't understand or hate this relationship, they better off pick up other comic to read.
    She's not Superman's PR team.. she's a reporter.
    Lois Lane don't write fluff pieces, she reporting hard facts with her writings. If Superman and his superpower friends screwed up, she will be on their azzes too even after she literally married to Superman and bore him a son.

I still loling at Superman in this clip serving Lois orange soda because we all know they drinking wine, got wasted(in Lois case) and hot s e x afterward lmao!
    Last edited by cookies; 04-14-2019 at 09:12 PM.

BANNED

I know Lois doesn't know Clark is Superman in the DCAU, but she's instinctive to know he did have a high school sweetheart (or maybe it's a hint she does know and is deliberately referring to Lana)

Incredible Member

idiots at DC during n52: no clois in the new superman.
    clois: bishes pls! you can't erase us.
    idiots at DC after n52 dumpsterfire: ok, n52 never happened!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I know Lois doesn't know Clark is Superman in the DCAU, but she's instinctive to know he did have a high school sweetheart (or maybe it's a hint she does know and is deliberately referring to Lana)
    tbh, i don't know if DCAU Lois ever know Superman's real identity. too much characters in JL cartoon for me to care or to watch the whole series like i did with Superman Animated Series XD

Incredible Member

husband and wife by Jenny Frison.

Incredible Member

Lois and Clark by Kurt Schaffenberger 1957.
    credit to ComicsintheGA twitter.