Page 10 of 243 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I still think it was better to address the end of S/WW now than to whisk Lois and Clark away suddenly almost leaving questioning doubts about whether or not Clark was with Lois because he couldn't be with WW due to them being in different universes. This is akin to what happen in Smallville in S8 with Lana and the Kryptonite super suit. To this day, many still question Clark being with Lois because in their mind, his feelings for Lana were never truly resolved. They see Lois as a consolation prize and disregard things that actually show that Clark had long begun to move on from Lana before the events S8, that and the fact that they both just gave up on each other by not actively pursuing ways to undo/nullify the Kryptonite such as the legion ring or the blue Kryptonite. Clark being with Lois needs to be definitive, not open for questioning.
    I can see your point...maybe start a Convergence adaptation with them coming to a mutual parting, and Clark visits Lois in the city to talk over his feelings when they're gathered up and go from there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I can see your point...maybe start a Convergence adaptation with them coming to a mutual parting, and Clark visits Lois in the city to talk over his feelings when they're gathered up and go from there.
    Convergence could still happen but then I've not read it so I don't know how it could work if they still want to maintain some semblance of a DCAU continuity. One of the many complaints against Rebirth I came across was L&C suddenly being older than everybody by ten full years.Clark is Kryptonian, so it's negligible but Lois doesn't have that luxury of not aging as time passes. That's the only downside I see to them trying to get to Rebirth, aging up L&C to get Jon in universe. I don't want L&C to look TOO old, but then again they could always hand wave it away to timey whimey shenanigans. I'm not saying Lois is old looking now but there's still a difference between a twenty something Lois (DCAU) and a thirty something Lois (Rebirth) and there's just no simple way to reconcile the two without splitting hairs. Of course I'm willing to forgo all of my hangups if we can get another Superman movie excluding the JL in a year or so.

Astonishing Member

"Convergence" was just way too big a mess for anyone who's not a DC fanboy to understand it. It should never be a part of the movie DCU, which needs to assume very little prior knowledge of comic-book history. The split-Superman (and split-Lois) plot contrivance has yet to be fully explained in the comics, to say nothing of bringing it into the movies, and please let's keep "Doomsday Clock" and Mr. Oz out of the theaters entirely! So the way to go would be for the movies to have their own new story of how Lois and Clark finally decided to tie the knot and become parents, rather than trying to explain Convergence to a movie-going audience who would give the whole concept a score of about 3 on Rotten Tomatoes.

BANNED

To get to the number of issues with Lois and Clark in a relationship. I made a thread in the Spider-Man threads, documenting the Peter and MJ relationship/marriage. I realized that if you consider the main comics canon, there are at least 911 issues with them in a relationship, 810 with them married. AU Versions take that to more than a thousand. And there's the newspaper strip where they are married for more than 30 years.

In the case of Lois and Clark, until the Post-Crisis era...you hardly saw them regularly date each other in the Silver-to-Bronze age. There was little serialized continuity. And sure Clark and Lois of the Golden Age and other versions were married or in Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow which was intended to close out the Silver Age.

I am talking relationship in terms of status-quo not end-state or happened in AU...

How many issues are there with Clark and Lois dating, them married and so on. The marriage happened in Superman Wedding Album (1996), some ten years after ASM Annual #21, The Wedding. How many issues and stories have a married Lois and Clark, in regular main Post-Crisis continuity specifically. I know it wasn't the case in New 52.

Quote Originally Posted by _Beautiful_Temptress_ View Post
    The fireworks were perfect!
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    To get to the number of issues with Lois and Clark in a relationship. I made a thread in the Spider-Man threads, documenting the Peter and MJ relationship/marriage. I realized that if you consider the main comics canon, there are at least 911 issues with them in a relationship, 810 with them married. AU Versions take that to more than a thousand. And there's the newspaper strip where they are married for more than 30 years.

In the case of Lois and Clark, until the Post-Crisis era...you hardly saw them regularly date each other in the Silver-to-Bronze age. There was little serialized continuity. And sure Clark and Lois of the Golden Age and other versions were married or in Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow which was intended to close out the Silver Age.

I am talking relationship in terms of status-quo not end-state or happened in AU...

How many issues are there with Clark and Lois dating, them married and so on. The marriage happened in Superman Wedding Album (1996), some ten years after ASM Annual #21, The Wedding. How many issues and stories have a married Lois and Clark, in regular main Post-Crisis continuity specifically. I know it wasn't the case in New 52.
    Hi Revolutionary_Jack! It's a complex relationship with a really long story (and that includes even the Superman dailies -newspaper strips, which had some stories/ideas that later would be used in the comic books-).

I think the reason why (IMO) you won't be able to pinpoint or get an exact number or issue where they start to date, or where they get married in terms of a timeline or continuity it's because the couple is different from Peter & MJ (what you see with Peter and Mary Jane's history or what has been written and considered as canon and continuity, doesn't apply the same way with this couple).

With Clark and Lois, everything happened multiple times (dating, marriages, pregnancies, children), in multiple ways: time travel, imaginary stories, dreams, and etc. But they are considered a form of continuity, a very rudimentary one if you like. After CoIE they (the original Clark/Superman & Lois from 1938) become what we know now as Earth 2. But everything before that change has no sense of continuity (as we've defined and know it now.), it has no specific rules, but at the same time in a way is accepted as "canon".
    Last edited by TomariS; 01-04-2019 at 03:23 PM.
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TomariS View Post
    Hi Revolutionary_Jack! It's a complex relationship with a really long story (and that includes even the Superman dailies -newspaper strips, which had some stories/ideas that later would be used in the comic books-).

I think the reason why (IMO) you won't be able to pinpoint or get an exact number or issue where they start to date, or where they get married in terms of a timeline or continuity it's because the couple is different from Peter & MJ (what you see with Peter and Mary Jane's history or what has been written and considered as canon and continuity, doesn't apply the same way with this couple).

With Clark and Lois, everything happened multiple times (dating, marriages, pregnancies, children), in multiple ways: time travel, imaginary stories, dreams, and etc. But they are considered a form of continuity, a very rudimentary one if you like. After CoIE they (the original Clark/Superman & Lois from 1938) become what we know now as Earth 2. But everything before that change has no sense of continuity (as we've defined and know it now.), it has no specific rules, but at the same time in a way is accepted as "canon".
    That's what I was afraid of. I mean I know that the Silver Age made Superman this celibate guy (which led to that moronic Man of Kleenex meme) and there were all these non-serialized what-if stories.

Okay Post-Crisis then. That's a serialized continuity...how many there?

She knows him...

New edit:

Part 2 of the edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    That's what I was afraid of. I mean I know that the Silver Age made Superman this celibate guy (which led to that moronic Man of Kleenex meme) and there were all these non-serialized what-if stories.

Okay Post-Crisis then. That's a serialized continuity...how many there?
    Here's a Post-Crisis guide (kind of, sorry if it's not exactly what you want), and I hope it helps to answer some questions:

The Man of Steel
    Action Comics
    Superman
    Superman: The man of tomorrow
    Superman Elseworlds (Out of continuity)

Loved this, aww!

Clark Kent: The poutiest super hero.

Some old school Clois:

Part 2:

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The next most memorable Superman Lois moment was still in Donner Superman movie, where she was trapped in that car and eventually died, then Superman came too late. Those scenes stick to me as a kid because it was so tense. I thought that the hero can save the girl and then it didn't happen, but I understood that it was a difficult choice, and Superman as a hero had to save many people at the expense of the one he loved.

superman_265pyxurz.jpg

...aaaaaaand then they ruin it with the time travel. I was like... whaaat. I was so into the scene, really emotionally invested, and then it was gone. Gosh dangit. I was really disappointed, but at least that moment still stands as the most tense superhero climax I ever saw as a kid.