Page 104 of 243 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 3638

By Massimiliano Gatti:

By jeremyddaniels:

Superman & Lois L. Holiday 2004 - Limited Edition Hand Painted Collector's Plate:

Source: eBay.
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

By nirlevie:

By thespinelessjellyfisher:

By Murphy Anderson:

"Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

From "First Papers of Surrealism":

Source: Hake's Auctions.

By feyzullah_erince_art:

By jillbird17:

By jsmdraws:

Lois and Clark are dancing in a club when a thug aproacches them.
    —I said run along, I'm cuttin' in!
    —But this is not a robber's dance —Replies Clark.
    —Tryin' t'get flid? Move quick if y'know what's good for ya!
    —Clark! —says Lois— are you going to stand for this?
    Relunctantly, Kent adheres to his role of a weakling.
    —Be reasonable, Lois. Dance with the fellow and then we'll leave right away.

For a lot of people, #LoisLane is the typical #DamselinDistress that always needs to be saved by #Superman. And for a long time, she has been just that (comics of the 50s and 60s, I'm looking specially at you! but not only ...). But in her original appearance, and in every faithfull iteration of the character, she is a #strongwoman, an intrepid reporter and a #hero herself that doesn't need to be rescued. #Lois may think that the #ManOfSteel is someone capable of doing wonderful feats, but that doesn't mean she underestimates herself or that she is not a resolute woman who doesn't leave anything to stop her.

I dedicate this drawing to a very special friend. She knows who she is, I'm not going to reveal it. Just remember that you're great and courageus. «It's never as bad as it seems. You're much stronger than you think you are. Trust me». The scene I quoted at the beginning is from the first issue of #ActionComics, written in 1938 by Jerry Siegel and drawn by Joe Shuster, the very first story of Lois Lane and #ClarkKent. The scene then goes on:

You can stay and dance with him if you wish —answers Lois to Clark— but I'm leaving now!
    —Yeah? —The thug inquires—, you'll dance with me and like it!
    —Why, you-! —says Lois, slapping the thug and going away inmediatly, leaving the thug and Clark behind.
    Art by Al Rio, colors by raul_alvarez_arias:

Not Supes' brightest idea to bring Lois a flower this way, but the gesture is the thing that counts, hehe:

By C. Delagachette.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post
    By Massimiliano Gatti:

By jeremyddaniels:

Superman & Lois L. Holiday 2004 - Limited Edition Hand Painted Collector's Plate:

Source: eBay.
    When Alex Ross draws Lois & Clark together, Supes is ALWAYS happy...never devoid of passion, hehehe.
    Last edited by TomariS; 02-11-2019 at 07:44 PM.
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

By nirlevie:

By thespinelessjellyfisher:

By Murphy Anderson:

Lots of art, love it!! <3
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

From "First Papers of Surrealism":

Source: Hake's Auctions.

By feyzullah_erince_art:

By jillbird17:

Wow, the last picture...was that Bizarro?! Wha-?! (*0*)

By jsmdraws:

Lois and Clark are dancing in a club when a thug aproacches them.
    —I said run along, I'm cuttin' in!
    —But this is not a robber's dance —Replies Clark.
    —Tryin' t'get flid? Move quick if y'know what's good for ya!
    —Clark! —says Lois— are you going to stand for this?
    Relunctantly, Kent adheres to his role of a weakling.
    —Be reasonable, Lois. Dance with the fellow and then we'll leave right away.

For a lot of people, #LoisLane is the typical #DamselinDistress that always needs to be saved by #Superman. And for a long time, she has been just that (comics of the 50s and 60s, I'm looking specially at you! but not only ...). But in her original appearance, and in every faithfull iteration of the character, she is a #strongwoman, an intrepid reporter and a #hero herself that doesn't need to be rescued. #Lois may think that the #ManOfSteel is someone capable of doing wonderful feats, but that doesn't mean she underestimates herself or that she is not a resolute woman who doesn't leave anything to stop her.

I dedicate this drawing to a very special friend. She knows who she is, I'm not going to reveal it. Just remember that you're great and courageus. «It's never as bad as it seems. You're much stronger than you think you are. Trust me». The scene I quoted at the beginning is from the first issue of #ActionComics, written in 1938 by Jerry Siegel and drawn by Joe Shuster, the very first story of Lois Lane and #ClarkKent. The scene then goes on:

You can stay and dance with him if you wish —answers Lois to Clark— but I'm leaving now!
    —Yeah? —The thug inquires—, you'll dance with me and like it!
    —Why, you-! —says Lois, slapping the thug and going away inmediatly, leaving the thug and Clark behind.
    Art by Al Rio, colors by raul_alvarez_arias:

Not Supes' brightest idea to bring Lois a flower this way, but the gesture is the thing that counts, hehe:

By C. Delagachette.
    The first image is really sweet, Wonder what story inspired it? <3

I love this style art. Like a modern take on the cleaner art from the golden age or the Fleisher toons. It’s retro but kinda timeless at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by TomariS View Post
    Loved their banter! Lois is like "if you don't hire him, I'm gone!"

This happens in Superman 100-Page Spectacular too?

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I think we want the same thing. I love stories, especially when they involve my favourite characters and are well written. I like them happy and I like them sad. I like them funny and I like them thrilling. I just don't trust DC anymore than I am willing at the moment. I'm also intrigued by Bendis and have a more positive outlook because I'm choosing to trust what he says in his interviews but he works for DC so things may change down the line depending on how the wind blows.

I have been trying to find a collected Superman DC One Million on Comixology but no luck. Is it collected? I don't want to read all this other stuff with the League just Superman. I already have All star. I think it was the first comic I ever bought of Superman.
    Okay. Here it is. You can look for the usual suspects. Superman #1000000. Similalrly, Adventures of Superman, Action Comics, Man of Tomorrow. There's the four main issues of DC One Million. I think the story will appear fragmented. But one can always ask about them in CBR.

I don't think it will work that well separately. I would have recommened the Omnibus. I generally do when i love something this much. But well Omnibuses are highly priced. And Morrison is an acquired taste. I don't think One Million has the same appeal as All Star. So, you can check out those issues.

Is anyone having any better ideas? Reading DC One Million. But Superman related stuff. Not all of it.

Btw DC One Million is one of the better events there. Some of the issues like Hitman One Million are great. Overall its fun.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 02-11-2019 at 09:02 PM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

You know, it took until this scan for me to realize her hair was brown until that page, and then it's black again. Now I'm going to have to reread it to see if it flipflops or I'm just crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    You know, it took until this scan for me to realize her hair was brown until that page, and then it's black again. Now I'm going to have to reread it to see if it flipflops or I'm just crazy.
    I didn’t notice it either but it’s brown until that last scene with her and Perry where it turns black.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I didn’t notice it either but it’s brown until that last scene with her and Perry where it turns black.
    Right? I saw the scan and thought I had a copy containing a printing error, but no, she dyed it.

Or it's a coloring mistake. She does tend to flip between the two now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Right? I saw the scan and thought I had a copy containing a printing error, but no, she dyed it.

Or it's a coloring mistake. She does tend to flip between the two now and then.
    Probably a coloring mistake. Her hairs brown with black shading in most of the book then just black there.