Page 11 of 243 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The next most memorable Superman Lois moment was still in Donner Superman movie, where she was trapped in that car and eventually died, then Superman came too late. Those scenes stick to me as a kid because it was so tense. I thought that the hero can save the girl and then it didn't happen, but I understood that it was a difficult choice, and Superman as a hero had to save many people at the expense of the one he loved.

Attachment 76151

...aaaaaaand then they ruin it with the time travel. I was like... whaaat. I was so into the scene, really emotionally invested, and then it was gone. Gosh dangit. I was really disappointed, but at least that moment still stands as the most tense superhero climax I ever saw as a kid.
    I have a raw memory in my teens of seeing Clark's reaction to that for the first time. Nothing really came of that "you're forbidden to intervene in human history" mandate from Jor-El, which I found odd.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomariS View Post
    New edit:

I love the artwork sfm!! People hating clois in HiC no. 4 but come on the story not even finished yet for y'all to hate lol

Incredible Member

How many times Lois and Clark kiss in TNAOS you wonder..

A LOT! LOL

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    I love the artwork sfm!! People hating clois in HiC no. 4 but come on the story not even finished yet for y'all to hate lol
    I say whatevs to that, it's not like King is showing anyone in the best of light. Unsurprisingly, L&C being close and having each other's confidence before anyone else seems to rub some the wrong way. Clark lives two lives and thus has two responsibilities. I get him keeping things from the other two didn't look good on Superman but Lois did the only thing she could do under the circumstances. I'm not too bothered by their actions. Those who don't like them obviously hate HiC#4 and it's not over what they did but rather the intimacy they share overriding everything else around them.

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    How many times Lois and Clark kiss in TNAOS you wonder..

A LOT! LOL
    I loved every kiss. Honestly I was surprised by their chemistry, I thought nothing could beat the chemistry that Tom and Erica had in Smallville, but then I saw Lois & Clark and when Dean and Teri were together there were sparks everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I say whatevs to that, it's not like King is showing anyone in the best of light. Unsurprisingly, L&C being close and having each other's confidence before anyone else seems to rub some the wrong way. Clark lives two lives and thus has two responsibilities. I get him keeping things from the other two didn't look good on Superman but Lois did the only thing she could do under the circumstances. I'm not too bothered by their actions. Those who don't like them obviously hate HiC#4 and it's not over what they did but rather the intimacy they share overriding everything else around them.
    People are just mad that Superman is actually standing up to Batman for once. There are entire events built around Batman lying to and keeping secrets from his friends and teammates, including in this very series! Tower of Babel, Metal are all built on it!

I actually think it's a pretty solid representation of them as a couple and as journalists. Lois in particular. Issue #2 stated that the tapes are coming in on the Daily Planet's whistleblower tip line; real world tip lines are confidential in and of themselves or can carry a promise of confidentiality to the sender.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/anony...=.68c9ff8a75aa

Lois and Clark made the smartest play out of a bunch of bad ones, and this also explains some of Clark's hesitancy. He's a journalist at the Planet as well after all. I really love stories where they work together as journalists and not rely wholy on the superhero stuff. Part of the reason I'm looking forward to the Leviathan Rises Arc so much.

STL106073.jpg
    Last edited by Yoda; 01-05-2019 at 09:45 AM.

BANNED

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    People are just mad that Superman is actually standing up to Batman for once. There are entire events built around Batman lying to and keeping secrets from his friends and teammates, including in this very series! Tower of Babel, Metal are all built on it!

I actually think it's a pretty solid representation of them as a couple and as journalists. Lois in particular. Issue #2 stated that the tapes are coming in on the Daily Planet's whistleblower tip line; real world tip lines are confidential in and of themselves or can carry a promise of confidentiality to the sender.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/anony...=.68c9ff8a75aa

Lois and Clark made the smartest play out of a bunch of bad ones, and this also explains some of Clark's hesitancy. He's a journalist at the Planet as well after all. I really love stories where they work together as journalists and not rely wholy on the superhero stuff. Part of the reason I'm looking forward to the Leviathan Rises Arc so much.

STL106073.jpg
    So it's about Batman not being in control? That doesn't shock me. Personally I loved L&C, the only reason I even buy HiC, otherwise I avoid it like the plague.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    So it's about Batman not being in control? That doesn't shock me. Personally I loved L&C, the only reason I even buy HiC, otherwise I avoid it like the plague.
    The Black Canary confession tape in this issue sums up the entire thing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    The Black Canary confession tape in this issue sums up the entire thing.
    The premise of this whole book is so flawed, I'm surprised it sells as well as it does. I find Sanctuary incredibly creepy, I would never set foot in that place I don't care what it's supposed to do. I hate that Clark is involved in creating it, especially basing the system on his upbringing. I want him far away from this hot mess.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I don't think it's about Batman at all. Readers who are not professional journalists will think simple.
    They see Lois and Clark have info on the leaks and the leaker, which can be a murder suspect for all we know, of a place where a lot of their friends are killed, but they say nothing.
    So it came off like they put more importance on their job than the life of their friends.

The question that they ask is this the right time to be professional when your friends are being killed and you don't know who did it?

I think it's similar to the question common people ask why war photographers don't stop documenting and actually help the poor child in the picture.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I don't think it's about Batman at all. Readers who are not professional journalists will think simple.
    They see Lois and Clark have info on the leaks and the leaker, which can be a murder suspect for all we know, of a place where a lot of their friends are killed, but they say nothing.
    So it came off like they put more importance on their job than the life of their friends.

The question that they ask is this the right time to be professional when your friends are being killed and you don't know who did it?

I think it's similar to the question common people ask why war photographers don't stop documenting and actually help the poor child in the picture.
    I can understand that. What I got from the dialogue is that had Lois sat on the tapes, whoever sent the DP those recordings would go elsewhere where s/he would have greater control over the narrative of the case. With Lois and Clark, they aren't aware that Superman/JL is already on the case to try and catch the killer. I'm only hoping something positive for Lois (and Clark) comes out of this at the end of the story where she helps solve the mystery.

When I found out about HiC I honestly thought it was about delving into the psyche of these heroes and what made them tick, I didn't expect a murder mystery, which I fear will make everyone involved that's not Harley Quinn look not great. I loved Clark/Superman confessional and wanted more but nope. One thing I love about Bendis' take on Superman is delving a little deeper into who and what Clark/Superman is. HiC doesn't seem to be worthwhile in the long run which is a shame.

I meant it in the context that fans are criticizing Lois and Clark for actions that Batman routinely gets a complete pass for. And he doesn't have any professional rules to work with either. But there are plenty of fans that get upset when Superman doesn't jump through whatever hoops Batman sets up for him, doubly so when it involves Lois.

That said, I'm all for more journalism stories involving the two of them.

IMG-0706.jpg

IMG-0705.jpg

They are the best playing off each other like this.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I meant it in the context that fans are criticizing Lois and Clark for actions that Batman routinely gets a complete pass for. And he doesn't have any professional rules to work with either. But there are plenty of fans that get upset when Superman doesn't jump through whatever hoops Batman sets up for him, doubly so when it involves Lois.

That said, I'm all for more journalism stories involving the two of them.

They are the best playing off each other like this.
    This is certainly prevalent in certain corners which only makes me appreciate HiC#4 more than I normally would because it didn't pander to those sectors. Batman has long been given undue authority over everything that happens in the DCU, this needs to change and L&C are happily married and are coworkers, you simply can't expect them to not act in the pursuit of truth while going after justice at the same time...

...and Batman is a hypocrite and needs to take a seat since his behaviour leans on the side of dubious to morally reprehensible when it comes to keeping secrets.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 01-05-2019 at 11:52 AM.

BANNED