Page 118 of 243 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 3638

So awesome!

"My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Hahaha! Loved all the kinds of kisses here.
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Quote Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post
    Chibi clois is always adorable! ^_^

Lois Lane series coming in June by Greg Rucka and Mike Perkins spinning out of the Leviathan Rising Special!

Attachment 78660
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Yoda; 02-18-2019 at 06:56 AM.

BANNED

With Lois getting a solo book and Sam's fate being teased here...I wonder if Lois and Clark really will have a separation over the summer?

Astonishing Member

A Lois Lane series for real?

BANNED

Also, a big choice "forever changes" Clark's relationship to his family over in Superman.

Astonishing Member

With Lois getting a solo book and Sam's fate being teased here...I wonder if Lois and Clark really will have a separation over the summer?
    But why though?

They aren't going to seperate. You've said this yourself many many times, Bendis isn't going to break them up. And Rucka is like one of the best choices for a Lois ongoing that there could be. He respects her as a character and understands her value to the Superman mythos. This is a good thing Miles. A very good thing.

And the changes teased in the Superman solicit are the United Planets thing.

This is one of the best choices we could get for a Lois book.

Greg Rucka on Lois' importance to Superman:

You’ve written extensively about your regard for the character - just what is it about her you like? What are her strengths?

Oh, geez, Sue! What don’t I like about Lois? I mean… look, if you view Superman as aspirational, as the stories and adventures of a man who wants us to be ourselves at our best, then Lois is quintessentially that. She is absolutely the focus of that aspiration - brilliant, beautiful, courageous, kind, an advocate for truth and for justice, but amidst all that, always entirely human, possessed of all our foibles and insecurities and flaws. I love her fearlessness and her smarts, her morality and her ethics. I love that she’s a professional, who is legitimately good at her job, if not one of the best (even if we so-often don’t get to see that in the comics). I love that she does not surrender, and she does not back down. There’s so much there. She’s gone beyond quantification for me.

Greg, what role does Lois play in the Superman mythos and what’s her importance?

As I said above, if we view Superman as aspirational, than she is, in her own way, our ideal. Not an ideal woman, but an ideal human - one whose character is such that her actions demonstrate what we can be at our best, despite all of our worst.
    From a dramatic point, she gives us eyes not just on Superman from the ground, but she provides a crucial outside view. So many heroes stick only in their own POV, and we lose their magnificence when that’s the only lens. Aside from her role as a dramatic engine, as a character who creates and propels story, she allows us to see Superman in much the same way that, I think, Superman sees her.

What role does Lois play in comics/pop culture as a whole?

Much harder for me to answer, honestly. I think a Superman comic without Lois Lane is a Superman comic that is missing a leg and is doomed to topple. In the larger culture, I’m honestly not certain. It’s not something I’ve given tremendous thought to, and I fear that, more and more, she’s being side-lined. Yet Lois is so clearly a character with which people identify, they can imagine themselves in her shoes, in her place. And in many ways, Lois Lane, I think, is seen as “super” but without the powers.
    That said, I think, in the main, the pop culture view of her is terribly confused, filled with mixed messages about who this woman is, to such an extent that there are many who believe her presence in a Superman story is optional.
    http://dcwomenkickingass.tumblr.com/...ith-greg-rucka

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    They aren't going to seperate. You've said this yourself many many times.
    So I have...I just flashback to the last time something happening to Sam caused some tension, don't want a repeat of that. I trust Rucka with this.

Astonishing Member

So I have...I just flashback to the last time something happening to Sam caused some tension, don't want a repeat of that. I trust Rucka with this.
    Whatever happens to Sam is highly likely due to Leviathan (as per solicit), not Superman/Clark's relationship with Lois. I don't see that being a cause for them to separate. And Bendis has said about a hundred times since he started his tenure, that they are not separating/taking break/divorcing or whatever synonym that may apply. I know that Lois is staying at a hotel as she writes her book but I don't see that as them being separated.

Lois' book along with Jimmy's are both going to likely start as tie-ins to the Leviathan event. But I don't see it as heralding any type of separation or issue between them. This is part of the new status quo I'm sure. Though it will be interesting to see if Lois is back at the Daily Planet or not. This could be a quasi-return to the old triangle era, not literally of course, but with the potential for Jimmy & Lois' books to run parallel to Action Comics.

I just reread the third volume of Rucka's Adventures of Superman run Saturday where Lois is investigating her own shooting and just the way she was handled there by Rucka was fantastic. Just my favorite version of her. So excited for this.

Astonishing Member

I'm so excited over this. A Lois centric book is exactly what she needs. I don't think she'll disappear completely from the Super books only that she'll have a better POV with a writer that not only gets her but can in fact write her. I do think Bendis has a grasp of her who she is, he's just struggling to bring that out which is a shame considering how nigh perfect his Clark/Superman is. I have hope he'll improve when he's no longer under so much pressure.