Page 12 of 243 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    This is certainly prevalent in certain corners which only makes me appreciate HiC#4 more than I normally would because it didn't pander to those sectors. Batman has long been given undue authority over everything that happens in the DCU, this needs to change and L&C are happily married and are coworkers, you simply can't expect them to not act in the pursuit of truth while going after justice at the same time...

...and Batman is a hypocrite and needs to take a seat since his behaviour leans on the side of dubious to morally reprehensible when it comes to keeping secrets.
    I think there is a bit of an unapologetic streak to both King and Bendis' handling of Lois and Clark. They recognize the story value incorporating the journalistic sides of the characters can have, especially working together. Something that was pretty absent for a long time. Bendis has commented on how great it is to see the Daily Planet staff working together being the top of their professions. I really hope we see more of that including Lois going forward. I hoping for some of that in Doomsday Clock as well working towards the close of the series. And we are definitely seeing that here. Honestly, Lois is probably one of the few people who is actually doing their jobs well in this series. We have Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman setting up a therapy AI without any medical training!

Though I do think King made a misstep when he had Superman reference their marriage. Clark is a journalist and employee of the Daily Planet, same as Lois. He's bound by the same rules and policies as she is. As journalists alone they would be able to discuss how to handle the story confidentially within that context. Pre-marriage Clark couldn't take what he knows from Lois and tattle to Batman regardless.

The marriage certainly adds an emotional wrinkle, but it really carries no more weight in this context (less really) than their professional responsibilities.
    Last edited by Yoda; 01-05-2019 at 12:08 PM.

Astonishing Member

Honestly I hope this is some sort of buildup towards Lois getting her own book. It's a shame it hasn't happened already. I too would love to have their professional lives focused on and having L&C work together is a bonus, though it should be a rule and not an exception.

I respect their statements that it is something they want to make sure they get right. If Rucka truly is writing it waiting for him to have the availability and story behind it can only be a good thing. He gets her and gets them as a couple. If it is through the Black Label, all the better. Having a prestige, evergreen, Lois Lane or Lois and Clark tale would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Honestly I hope this is some sort of buildup towards Lois getting her own book. It's a shame it hasn't happened already. I too would love to have their professional lives focused on and having L&C work together is a bonus, though it should be a rule and not an exception.
    That would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I respect their statements that it is something they want to make sure they get right. If Rucka truly is writing it waiting for him to have the availability and story behind it can only be a good thing. He gets her and gets them as a couple. If it is through the Black Label, all the better. Having a prestige, evergreen, Lois Lane or Lois and Clark tale would be amazing.
    Yes to all of that, please.
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Beautiful video!! Miss them together. TT^TT

Last edited by TomariS; 01-05-2019 at 12:38 PM.
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Hugs!

Thanks for sharing, Miles To Go!!

BANNED

So beautiful!! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    How many times Lois and Clark kiss in TNAOS you wonder..

A LOT! LOL
    I've lost count of how many. That's for sure, hahaha!

And they have lots of hugs too! >=P

Part 2:

Quote Originally Posted by TomariS View Post
    And they have lots of hugs too! >=P

I just finished season 2 of that show, plus a few in season 3. Still a really fun show. I can’t believe I never knew Bruce Campbell once played the leader of intergang.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I just finished season 2 of that show, plus a few in season 3. Still a really fun show. I can’t believe I never knew Bruce Campbell once played the leader of intergang.
    That's awesome! I hope you enjoyed it, hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by TomariS View Post
    That's awesome! I hope you enjoyed it, hehe.
    Yeah I really am! It’s cheesy but that’s not a problem for me, Superman is supposed to be a little cheesy . I’ve been binging a lot of dc shows on the steaming service. After I’m done with L&C, I’m gonna watch the George Reeves show next.