Page 20 of 243 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

More thematically central I guess. If I'm recalling correctly, Manhattan was intrigued by and set about to get to that scene of Superman attacking him, it's been heavily hinted that all his toying with history is designed to get to that point. So in the sense all of that plays a part in Superman not being completely without hope when he confronts Manhattan, the restoration of Lois & Clark's history will be a major part of that, even if its not an explicit event in the book. Manhattan will be confronting a "whole" Superman with all his history and relationships intact as opposed to one that was fractured and isolated. The theme of restoring relationships and the history of the characters was central to Rebirth.

There really hasn't been any bigger relationship "restored" than Lois and Clark. But you're right that this will likely play out thematically. I don't expect a call back to Reborn or Oz or any of that, though I suppose its possible that will come up in the confrontation.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    More thematically central I guess. If I'm recalling correctly, Manhattan was intrigued by and set about to get to that scene of Superman attacking him, it's been heavily hinted that all his toying with history is designed to get to that point. So in the sense all of that plays a part in Superman not being completely without hope when he confronts Manhattan, the restoration of Lois & Clark's history will be a major part of that, even if its not an explicit event in the book. Manhattan will be confronting a "whole" Superman with all his history and relationships intact as opposed to one that was fractured and isolated. The theme of restoring relationships and the history of the characters was central to Rebirth.

There really hasn't been any bigger relationship "restored" than Lois and Clark. But you're right that this will likely play out thematically. I don't expect a call back to Reborn or Oz or any of that, though I suppose its possible that will come up in the confrontation.
    I see Jon as more pragmatic person. Unlike, ozymandias and lex who take decisions because of there huge head and ego. Manhattan would not take decisions,to basically just kill himself. Jon would be curious about the whole punching and end of existence thing. But not more than what would happen if he took apart something(like a clock). So he wants to take apart this universe's timeline. Not because it affects him. But to know what makes this world different from his.to What makes the heroes tick. So, yeah Clark being at the other side of last moment of his existence , is something he knows is going to happen. But does not know why? Why him specifically?so he will treat Clark like the rest of them to know(pragmatism) . I mean, killing Alan Scott doesn't necessarily connect to Clark.does it.
    He is basically acting like a kid studying an ant hill. Mind you, the kid does not need to be nasty to cause harm to the ants
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-08-2019 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by _Beautiful_Temptress_ View Post
    Clark flying with Lois can not be more romantic! Thanks!

BANNED

Third image is so iconic.
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Thanks for sharing, _Beautiful_Temptress_!!
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Thanks for sharing, Miles To Go!!

The second image is one of my favorite fan arts. Lois kissing Clark's forehead is the sweetest thing ever.

Incredible Member

old but relevant article about Clois and music.
    Music Past The Redline: Clark Kent and Lois Lane
    https://alasdairstuart.com/2013/04/1...rsary-special/
    <3
    Last edited by cookies; 01-09-2019 at 03:07 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Akane View Post

Oh man, she deserved to win. She has no luck in these ceremonies.
    she already has 2 Globs but no Oscar tho she was nominated for 5 times? she is the female version of Leonardo Dicaprio lmao! XD
    Last edited by cookies; 01-09-2019 at 03:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    old but relevant article about Clois and music.
    Music Past The Redline: Clark Kent and Lois Lane
    https://alasdairstuart.com/2013/04/1...rsary-special/
    Thanks for sharing, cookies!!