Page 211 of 243 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 3638
    Incredible Member

peace.
    Lois and Clark, Clark and Lois..no matter what, when or where it's always you two. Even in fractured quantum space-time you manage to find each other..but if those tinkering busybodies couldn't keep you apart, why should I waste my time?- Mr Mxyzptlk, Superman #19

Incredible Member

hmmm...never seen this pic before. sooo cute! from Jerry Ordway's twitter
    Last edited by cookies; 04-09-2019 at 08:12 AM.
    Lois and Clark, Clark and Lois..no matter what, when or where it's always you two. Even in fractured quantum space-time you manage to find each other..but if those tinkering busybodies couldn't keep you apart, why should I waste my time?- Mr Mxyzptlk, Superman #19

Incredible Member

Injustice Clois.
    So beautiful...yet
    So tragic...Y___Y

Incredible Member

continuity accurate!

*tiny rant*
    since we're not a disgruntled fandom, i guess we got nothing much to say or rant? lol
    but i could be wrong since D*dio and L*e are still DC publishers and their hate for clois is not really a secret? XD
    Last edited by cookies; 04-09-2019 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    *tiny rant*
    since we're not a disgruntled fandom, i guess we got nothing much to say or rant? lol
    but i could be wrong since D*dio and L*e are still DC publishers and their hate for clois is not really a secret? XD
    Haha, I think that is definitely true. We don't have much to complain about at the moment.

I don't completely buy into the idea that either of them are really anti-or-pro one pairing or the other. Didio was really the force behind Rebirth and Jon, and Jim Lee has talked about Lois and Clark pretty favorably recently. I think they do fall into the trap of assuming poor writing=marriages or stability are boring. I've said this many times, but I think Didio would oversee the marriages of every single character if it meant sustained sales. Their treatment of Lois during the New 52 was really just a shoddy attempt at "empowerment" and the whole "best friend" thing was lip service because they had a series of writers who both weren't very good and editorial that didn't know what they were doing. There were definitely a few editors that had some really obvious biases though. It was also obvious that they needed to prop up another pairing at the time, at least once the novelty wore off and the writers got bored of it and started ignoring it in all the main titles.

I think what we are seeing now in the Superbooks is an acknowledgement that they should be together but are still trying to tell some different stories. I'm a lot more comfortable with the direction now that I know Greg Rucka is and was heavily involved. And I take Bendis at his word that he's not breaking them up. Still, I think it's going to be an interesting few years, but I am not worried about Lois & Clark being forced apart. Nor do I think a reboot is in the offing.

Astonishing Member

*tiny rant*
    I will forever bemoan not getting a proper MoS sequel. I remember I wasn't happy with the movie, particularly the rushing of Clois' relationship (in hindsight, I glad they wrote them as they did) but I LOVED them in BvS, however, I liked the movie even less for such a blatant disservice to Superman as a character, shoving him to the side for other things/people with reduced screen time and dialogue. Talk about a tragedy. Now we may never get Henry and Amy to shine in a movie worthy of their talents and dedication to the characters.

I'm at least grateful for the comics, we still have them to look forward to monthly, though I wish it was more.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 04-09-2019 at 09:23 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Haha, I think that is definitely true. We don't have much to complain about at the moment.

I don't completely buy into the idea that either of them are really anti-or-pro one pairing or the other. Didio was really the force behind Rebirth and Jon, and Jim Lee has talked about Lois and Clark pretty favorably recently. I think they do fall into the trap of assuming poor writing=marriages or stability are boring. I've said this many times, but I think Didio would oversee the marriages of every single character if it meant sustained sales. Their treatment of Lois during the New 52 was really just a shoddy attempt at "empowerment" and the whole "best friend" thing was lip service because they had a series of writers who both weren't very good and editorial that didn't know what they were doing. There were definitely a few editors that had some really obvious biases though. It was also obvious that they needed to prop up another pairing at the time, at least once the novelty wore off and the writers got bored of it and started ignoring it in all the main titles.

I think what we are seeing now in the Superbooks is an acknowledgement that they should be together but are still trying to tell some different stories. I'm a lot more comfortable with the direction now that I know Greg Rucka is and was heavily involved. And I take Bendis at his word that he's not breaking them up. Still, I think it's going to be an interesting few years, but I am not worried about Lois & Clark being forced apart. Nor do I think a reboot is in the offing.
    I do think they somewhat learnt the error of their ways but the bottom line is still that, the bottom line. Anything that will up sales will almost always be good in their eyes. It's just that now they won't rush to splitting Clois so they can pair them off with other people. At the most, they might re-set their romance and begin again with the retelling of their love for newer generations.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I do think they somewhat learnt the error of their ways but the bottom line is still that, the bottom line. Anything that will up sales will almost always be good in their eyes. It's just that now they won't rush to splitting Clois so they can pair them off with other people. At the most, they might re-set their romance and begin again with the retelling of their love for newer generations.
    Which is something I actually thought would be interesting to see and expected in New 52 when it was announced. Morrison's Action was going in that direction and I think the way the New 52 animated movies have handled it is not that bad either. I don't necessarily mind that type of thing, so long as you're respecting all the characters in doing it, and that wasn't the case before. They didn't know what to do with Lois and it really showed.

Smallville is probably the most recent well done showcase for their relationship. Like you said, MoS was a bit rushed. I think for the foreseeable future the status quo with Lois, Clark, and Jon is going to continue. Even if there was a reboot, I could see at most it resetting things to basically the Rebirth status quo.

I posted my outline for a reboot a while back in one old thread. The idea I had was to do a soft reboot of Superman about a year before resetting the whole universe and use a big maxi-series to reintroduce him and basically the entire DCU on a type of modified DCEU model with Lois knowing from almost the beginning. You go through the highlights of like his first five years, the build up of their relationship up to an engagement prior to retelling the Death of Superman and then drop him back into and restart the rest of the DCU from a post-Reign of Supermen point.

Astonishing Member

I had the same expectations with N52 but alas it disappointed.

It does make sense to keep the secret identity going for a very short stint. Nothing like the fifty years or so we got in the comics. People just aren't that patient anymore, especially if they are just getting into Superman, while fans may want to prolong certain things because we like the journey, which is what had initially put me off MoS. I do feel like the character could certainly benefit from having a book focusing on his younger days exploits (using his support cast appropriately of course) but that may not necessarily bode well for a post Rebirth/Reborn book, especially when some want the latter dead and buried. I wish the Earth One or Smallville books were still going because they at least gave room to the younger Clark/Lois stories but were different enough that they didn't encroach on the main books so sales won't suffer in any way if they did something similar to them.

I had the same expectations with N52 but alas it disappointed.

It does make sense to keep the secret identity going for a very short stint. Nothing like the fifty years or so we got in the comics. People just aren't that patient anymore, especially if they are just getting into Superman, while fans may want to prolong certain things because we like the journey, which is what had initially put me off MoS. I do feel like the character could certainly benefit from having a book focusing on his younger days exploits (using his support cast appropriately of course) but that may not necessarily bode well for a post Rebirth/Reborn book, especially when some want the latter dead and buried. I wish the Earth One or Smallville books were still going because they at least gave room to the younger Clark/Lois stories but were different enough that they didn't encroach on the main books so sales won't suffer in any way if they did something similar to them.
    I don't think you can really tell a sincere love story between the two without him telling her relatively soon after things get romantic and long before any sort of engagement. You can play the secret identity well with just some tension between them, but once you start to actually get into any sort of relationship, whether its as Superman or Clark, he has to quickly come clean. It's not a trope that plays to modern sensibilities anymore, regardless of how "classic" it is. The CW series have all kept the main characters secret ID's from the love interests or families for like a season and a half at most I think, but at a certain point you have to have them come clean. I like the idea that you can use it as character growth for Clark and it is a very relatable analogy to real relationships. You have to be open with and in a sense vulnerable to your partner. Clark coming to that point with Lois should be THE major milestone in their relationship and I'd like to see it handled with modern sensibilities.

Superman at its core is in great part a romantic story with Lois & Clark. It needs that element. All the most successful modern interpretations have utilized that aspect to great effect. From Donner, to Lois & Clark, to Smallville, and Man of Steel.

Astonishing Member

I definitely like the SI being used more for character growth rather than simply pushing it out of tradition. It adds layers to Clark as well as Clois, showing people why Lois is so important to him.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post

I agree with you 100% but I still have trust issues with them lol!
    Imo, writers got bored of "it" because there was no story to be told in the first place. No one cares the story about gods pretends to be human in order to protect them. It was like watching the 1% trying to understand how minimum wage workers living their lives. How obnoxious.
    I hope they've learned their lessons. Superman and Lois come in package. Without her, his story lost it's charm.
    Last edited by cookies; 04-09-2019 at 07:33 PM.

Incredible Member

I will forever bemoan not getting a proper MoS sequel. I remember I wasn't happy with the movie, particularly the rushing of Clois' relationship (in hindsight, I glad they wrote them as they did) but I LOVED them in BvS, however, I liked the movie even less for such a blatant disservice to Superman as a character, shoving him to the side for other things/people with reduced screen time and dialogue. Talk about a tragedy. Now we may never get Henry and Amy to shine in a movie worthy of their talents and dedication to the characters.

I'm at least grateful for the comics, we still have them to look forward to monthly, though I wish it was more.
    Lmao! I feel you. The only solution for DC to keep Henry and Amy in the franchise is to do Rebirth movie without the over complicated n52 and Convergence background story . Public just need to know they got married and now they have a son, so here's the story.

Incredible Member

I just saw Double Date part 2 spoilers on Twitter and I'm so tempted to post it here.God hleapp!

I just saw Double Date part 2 spoilers on Twitter and I'm so tempted to post it here.God hleapp!
    Good or bad spoilers?