Page 24 of 243 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    This is so beautiful. I can't wait to read it. I always love delving into the deeper character that is Clark Kent/Superman. Is this from the same writer that said there a three side to Clark (the geeky DP reporter, the awe inspiring superhero and the man Lois loves [my favourite of the three], I can't remember how he described him).
    here you go at 10:54 they were talking about the 3 sides of Superman

Incredible Member

Incredible Member

with all the sexual tensions and deadlines these two are freaking amazing to watch lol! only dull and boring person will find L&C story is boring and wanted to replace them with a boring character( either for Sups or Lois)

continue..

Incredible Member

cr. to fatedxdestiny on tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    That's why I prefer them over Smallville version.
    Closer to Superman original story.
    no over complicated pinning over Lana story.
    superman wearing his suit.
    funny supporting casts.
    List above makes those cheesy 90's CGI and fashion watchable lol
    I agree, that's why I also prefer Lois and Clark over Smallville. I also love Jimmy and Perry and in L & C they played an important role while in Smallville they barely appeared.
    Last edited by Akane; 01-10-2019 at 07:15 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    here you go at 10:54 they were talking about the 3 sides of Superman
    Thanks for sharing, cookies!
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Thanks for sharing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Akane View Post
    I agree, that's why I also prefer Lois and Clark over Smallville. I also love Jimmy and Perry and in L & C they played an important role while in Smallville they barely appeared.
    It's a matter of personal taste, I guess. Still, my absolute favorite version of clois is the SV one. The only reason they gave Lana so much importance it's because Lois' character was not allowed to be used in Smallville, thanks to DC. And later when she finally appeared on the show, DC put restrictions in place so she and Clark couldn't be together (no kisses -until S6-, no love scenes -that included the sexy scenes-, no Daily Planet and etc). Most restrictions were lifted around season 8-9.

Smallville was an origin story, and both Jimmy and Perry weren't supposed to appear yet.
    Last edited by TomariS; 01-10-2019 at 08:16 AM.
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TomariS View Post
    Thanks for sharing!!

It's a matter of personal taste, I guess. Still, my absolute favorite version of clois is the SV one. The only reason they gave Lana so much importance it's because Lois' character was not allowed to be used in Smallville, thanks to DC. And later when she finally appeared on the show, DC put restrictions in place so she and Clark couldn't be together (no kisses -until S6-, no love scenes -that included the sexy scenes-, no Daily Planet and etc). Most restrictions were lifted around season 8-9.

Smallville was an origin story, and both Jimmy and Perry weren't supposed to appear yet.
    The restrictions kind of helped the story along in my opinion, it gave Lois and Clark a much slower path that saw them start off as buddies and then gradually develop into loving partners and soul mates.

Astonishing Member

I keep hearing about how Lois wasn't supposed to be on the show yet they used Lex (and Ollie) unashamedly. I think at some point it suited them to undermine Lois even when the restrictions were lifted especially once the show was renewed past S5. It took actors not returning and a change of writers for things to improve for L&C and that was post S8.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    The restrictions kind of helped the story along in my opinion, it gave Lois and Clark a much slower path that saw them start off as buddies and then gradually develop into loving partners and soul mates.
    If you choose to look at them in isolation, yes the slow build is good. However, it was often pitted against Lana at a time when Clark should have been moving away from her due to her dubious choices and unsavoury behaviour in S4, S6 to S8. The show simply refused to acknowledge how bad Lana was for Clark and they wouldn't allow him to see it, even when it smacked him upside his head.

Quote Originally Posted by TomariS View Post
    Thanks for sharing!!

Yes I know. I understand the concept of Smallville and understand that it was not the writers' fault that Clois could only happen at the end of the series. Smallville has an important place in my heart because it brought Superman to my life, thanks to Smallville I started reading about superman, I started reading the comics, I started watching the movies and to see Lois and Clark: the new adventures of Superman. It's just that after learning more about the character and his world I discovered that it was more entertaining for me to see Clark / Superman in all his splendor in Metropolis than to see a young Clark discovering his powers in Smallville. That does not mean that I did not like Smallville, only that there are other stories that, for me, have elements that are more interesting to watch.

A lot of kisses, thanks!

LoL
    Attached Images Attached Images