Page 47 of 243 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Akane View Post
    Superman return has certain positive points, like the scene where Clark and Lois fly through the skies of Metropolis, the music, the sequence where Superman saves the plane, the scene where Lois rescues Superman from drowning while Richard watched her with a WTF face lol.
    agreed. I could feel Clark's longing for Lois. Also I felt Lois didn't want to marry Richard because she was still in love with Superman..

Another scene I liked was Clark looking at Lois in the elevator going up. But this story was just too bittersweet for a mainstream movie, because no matter what, Superman will always look like a home wrecker. Especially because Richard was a good man that deserved Lois. It was too complicated to resolve and put Clark and Lois back together. Sigh.

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    agreed. I could feel Clark's longing for Lois. Also I felt Lois didn't want to marry Richard because she was still in love with Superman..

Another scene I liked was Clark looking at Lois in the elevator going up. But this story was just too bittersweet for a mainstream movie, because no matter what, Superman will always look like a home wrecker. Especially because Richard was a good man that deserved Lois. It was too complicated to resolve and put Clark and Lois back together. Sigh.
    I'm willing to give credit where credit is due. The flight scene was amazing and you could relate to the fact that Superman missed out on his own personal happiness for the sake of the greater good, but you're right. No matter what happened, there was no way that love story would end well for Superman. The production team dropped the ball hard with this movie and its portrayals of Superman and Lois. A reboot was the only way to go.

Astonishing Member

That was beautiful.

BANNED

Just a shame her own "I love you" back is interrupted...she said to him when he died in the last movie, but he had just passed.

Doesn't she say she loves him too as Doomsday is approaching her? That's the catalyst for his last punch I thought.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Doesn't she say she loves him too as Doomsday is approaching her? That's the catalyst for his last punch I thought.
    Might be misremembering, I'll check.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by _Beautiful_Temptress_ View Post
    It sounds intense I’ll finally see the movie today!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Honestly, the only way I'm rationalizing this to myself is that I think it will likely hold off the next full roll back.
    It's exactly the opposite for me. I fear this will only help the next roll back along.
    This will only stay for as long as Bendis is on, and given that Didio dislikes married superheroes, who says he won't try again for an "emproved" N52. The more often you change things by force the easier it gets.
    New52 lasted 5 years Rebirth 2 (I consider it dead already) . Not sure how long Bendis will last

i think it gives them a new status quo to play with in a way that is different enough to keep them from going full OMD in the next Crisis. I think we'd essentially still see a solid loving family dynamic, just in a different context. Bendis has said he wants to show romance, commitment, and marriage in comics isn't and "end" and that you don't need couples to fight and break up to keep drama going in a narrative. To paraphrase his last Word Balloon interview, Lois and Clark would still be fighting the same fights, backing each other up, and enjoying the hell out of every minute they are together. Their marriage would just be a different shape than the traditional family fitting their non-traditional lifestyle.
    Or they will say Bendis on a married Superman didn't turn out the results they expected after all the hype. Let's blame the marriage