Page 54 of 243 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Thanks for the warning. King really has amped up the brutality and shady characterisation since he first started in all of his current work...I'm convinced Geoff was reining him in when he was CCO and with Didio in charge, he's either being allowed to do whatever unfiltered or he's been instructed to make things incredibly grim.
    It's just mind boggling. It's on a stand next to Pokemon cards and is supposed to be for a wider audience to bring them into comics. It opens with a splash page of Luthor asking Lois to beg for her life because Superman isn't coming to save her. She refuses and he shoots her in the head and the bottom third of the panel is her dead with a bullet hole in her head. It's atrocious, disgusting and just goes from there with more and more panels of her dying. It's completely inappropriate and I have no idea what they were thinking for this.

It's worse than Heroes in Crisis. It's a snuff fantasy. I'm disgusted.
    Last edited by Yoda; 01-19-2019 at 10:49 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    It's just mind boggling. It's on a stand next to Pokemon cards and is supposed to be for a wider audience to bring them into comics. It opens with a splash page of Luthor asking Lois to beg for her life because Superman isn't coming to save her. She refuses and he shoots her in the head and the bottom third of the panel is her dead with a bullet hole in her head. It's atrocious, disgusting and just goes from there with more and more panels of her dying. It's completely inappropriate and I have no idea what they were thinking for this.

It's worse than Heroes in Crisis. It's a snuff fantasy. I'm disgusted.
    And the worst thing is...it's insinuating Clark is pretty imaginative in coming up with ways to kill his own love interest. Says more about the writer too, given King has dealt with PTSD.

And the worst thing is...it's insinuating Clark is pretty imaginative in coming up with ways to kill his own love interest. Says more about the writer too, given King has dealt with PTSD.
    And to that extent I can understand what he is writing about. I imagine its what he went through when he was stationed overseas, you're not there for your loved ones and worry about them. But it's not appropriate for the Walmart Superman line and the graphic nature of the art is just, I don't get it at all.

You want to tell that story, have Superman's thoughts go there and then juxtapose it against Lois getting herself out of trouble. Not 6 pages of a woman being killed over and over again.

So I just read the Superman Walmart Giant #7, I’d steer clear of it if you’re a Lois fan. It’s Superman waiting in an intergalactic phone line to call home to Lois and imagining her being killed over and over again, graphically on panel, because he isn’t there to save her. She’s ok and they have a cute conversation on the phone at the end, but Injustice was more tasteful.

I’m so disappointed in Tom King. He wrote one of the best Lois & Clark stories in Superfriends and now this, which is probably one of the worst.

Not to bring down the appreciation thread, but I had talked it up before here and it’s just a disgusting comic and I wanted to warn people off it.
    so Clark thinks that if he is not on earth then it is more than likely that Lois will die? I'm sorry, but Clark is the first to have faith in Lois' abilities. That does not sound like Clark. Thanks for the warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Akane View Post
    so Clark thinks that if he is not on earth then it is more than likely that Lois will die? I'm sorry, but Clark is the first to have faith in Lois' abilities. That does not sound like Clark. Thanks for the warning.
    The premise is they had a set time to call. She doesn't pick up, so he's waiting and waiting for hours for her to pick up the call. He eventually gets through and she apologizes because Perry was going nuts about a deadline. They talk about how much they miss each other, etc. But the entire preceding 11 pages of comic are cuts between a graphic panel of her dying somehow and him sitting in the waiting room getting progressively more anxious and annoyed.

BANNED

The premise is they had a set time to call. She doesn't pick up, so he's waiting and waiting for hours for her to pick up the call. He eventually gets through and she apologizes because Perry was going nuts about a deadline. They talk about how much they miss each other, etc. But the entire preceding 11 pages of comic are cuts between a graphic panel of her dying somehow and him sitting in the waiting room getting progressively more anxious and annoyed.
    So it's just Clark being paranoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Akane View Post
    So it's just Clark being paranoid.
    Yeah, it's like a story on anxiety.

BANNED

Yeah, it's like a story on anxiety.
    There are so many ways you can tell that story, as you say, without creating this perspective of Lois looking feeble and helpless without Superman. It'll leave kids who pick this up with the same ill-advised notions the idiots obsessed with putting down Lois based off Silver Age adventures have.

There are so many ways you can tell that story, as you say, without creating this perspective of Lois looking feeble and helpless without Superman. It'll leave kids who pick this up with the same ill-advised notions the idiots obsessed with putting down Lois based off Silver Age adventures have.
    It'll leave kids who pick it up traumatized. I don't want to share the pictures but its ridiculously graphic. I'm not being hyperbolic when I say it's worse than what we have seen in Heroes in Crisis. She's shot in the head, dies in a plane crash, is blown up in her house, burned at the f'n stake! It legitimately may be one of the worst comics I've read in my life.

A palate cleanser for my brain. Some Francis Manapul Lois & Clark

L&C 1.jpg

L&C 2.jpg

American Alien 2.jpg

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

how tall is lois supposed to be?

BANNED

BANNED

More Saturday morning memories of Lois and Clark reruns airing very early in the day before the main event of Live & Kicking

(BTW, how weird is it that we begin the morning with a DC show, and later in the day the same channel shows a Marvel show?)

SAME COUPLE, different situation(role) from deviantart:

Attachment 77174