Page 56 of 243 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast
    BANNED

There's at least one "heroic" death with Lois pushing the child out of the way of the truck, I'd have settled on a story where Clark imagines Lois escaping all these fates somehow, but dying doing the right thing would be the sort of thing he'd imagine.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Has tom king ever wrote anything other than death, destruction and PTSD?you know like comedy, adventure..etc genuinely asking. I want to read it. He did.

The Superfriends arc in Batman 36-37 is great. His Action Comics 1000 story is also pretty good. He is pretty open about his struggles with PTSD and anxiety. So to that extent I can see how he came up with this story. Anxiety does work like this.

However, the Walmart 100 Page Giant lines were supposed to be new reader friendly, wide audience books, that anyone can pick up. They are sold on the stands with the pokemon cards by the checkout registers. Like impulse buys for people who want to see what comics are about. In that context this story is wildly inappropriate to the point where it seriously should have never made it out of the script review stage.

Bendis has a Batman book out that is a fun romp through all these crazy environments in the DCU. The corresponding Batman #7 had Batman on Thanagar using a pair of hawkwings. That's what these books are supposed to be. Instead we get a showcase for all of the horrific ways King can think to kill Lois Lane. It's ridiculous. It'd be out of place in Action Comics or Superman really, as neither book are really geared toward this type of storytelling. It just makes no sense whatsoever from any real standpoint. Superman isn't gripped with this crippling anxiety about Lois. He's protective of her sure, but he trusts her and respects her. It's just, I'm so taken aback and disappointed in that this book was published.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    There's at least one "heroic" death with Lois pushing the child out of the way of the truck, I'd have settled on a story where Clark imagines Lois escaping all these fates somehow, but dying doing the right thing would be the sort of thing he'd imagine.
    I laughed at some of the death scenes like lois got eaten by a shark. That woman is to busy to get her work desk organized let alone going to the beach for surfing lol. Lois pushing a kid out of danger reminds me of a very popular Korean drama titled Goblin. The guy is a 900 year old earth bound spirit that fall in love with a human girl. At the end the girl must die because her soul was an anomaly and she died protecting a bus full of kids. but since the guy is an immortal, she promised him that she will come back to him in every incarceration. I can totally see Clois in this situation. if superman can live forever, he will find Lois in every incarceration too. Don't need to replace her with anyone.
    Last edited by cookies; 01-20-2019 at 09:34 AM.
    Lois and Clark, Clark and Lois..no matter what, when or where it's always you two. Even in fractured quantum space-time you manage to find each other..but if those tinkering busybodies couldn't keep you apart, why should I waste my time?- Mr Mxyzptlk, Superman #19

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    The Superfriends arc in Batman 36-37 is great. His Action Comics 1000 story is also pretty good
    So is Batman Annual#2

Yeah, it's kind of ironic that King is responsible for the "happy endings" for Rebirth era Lois, Clark and Batman given all he's done lately to deconstruct the three of them.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Has tom king ever wrote anything other than death, destruction and PTSD?you know like comedy, adventure..etc genuinely asking. I want to read it. He did.
    Did you mean an entire comic book series or anything at all, like even a single story in a comic book of an ongoing series? Because his Clark and Lois were pretty humorous in Batman #37.
    Where Clark, Lois, Bruce, and Selina went on a double date to a fair in Gotham City. That issue was played up for laughs.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Did you mean an entire comic book series or anything at all, like even a single story in a comic book of an ongoing series? Because his Clark and Lois were pretty humorous in Batman #37.
    Where Clark, Lois, Bruce, and Selina went on a double date to a fair in Gotham City. That issue was played up for laughs.
    Hmh! I was thinking of run where, he just had a ball with, you know something wacky and humorous . I don't remember reading batman #37. So, i don't know about it. Action comics1000 had humour but it had literal distruction of the planet and somber tone to it. It was bittersweet moment of clark saying goodbye to his childhood.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-20-2019 at 01:46 PM.

BANNED

Wow, I don't remember watching this one. Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by TomariS; 01-20-2019 at 02:23 PM.
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Trigger warning, but here are the pages Yoda was warning about https://twitter.com/NewTSage/status/1086742256298745856
    Welp. It's a good thing that probably in my country we won't be getting this, anyway (as far as I know). *phew!*
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

"Clark Kent and Lois Lane go undercover..." It sounds great!

Teri was quite descriptive

Sound good!!

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    Lois never listen part 3. the lady is too damn consistent XD
    Hahaha! Love her!!