Page 78 of 243 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 3638
    BANNED

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Click bait anyone? That's how I treat Bleeding cool. It's easier to sell sensationalism that riles people up than anything these days so I don't jump at every article they write, or even other web sites doing the same, unless they quote Bendis.

Whatever the status of the family, I will wait for Bendis to actually pen it. Anything short, is speculation which can often times be like the wind blowing you every which way except where you want to go so I try and avoid that as much as I can. It's all so frustrating.
    That is not what I'm doing at all. Just joining the dots that Bendis presents.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Alright. However, I feel like sometimes more is made of Bendis' writing than it actually is, leaning more on the negative end of things.

BANNED

Rich, is there anything else to come from that article a few months back saying the super-marriage would end? I ask because the same article mentioned the bat-wedding was doomed and it was spot on, so I'm looking for the other shoe to drop. I'd hate for that to be true as well...but with what Bendis is doing, how they go about it might soften the blow.

Bendis keeps saying he won't break up Lois and Clark, and I believe him, but he never said anything about leaving the marriage as it is.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 02-01-2019 at 06:09 AM.

I get that. We all do that too. But have you heard anything more substantial than that? A change of that magnitude in the status quo of arguably the most iconic couple in comics would have to be making some noise. If shaded Bat-Penis got them in trouble you dont think Lois Lane cuckolding Clark Kent for a decade would raise a few eyebrows.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Rich, is there anything else to come from that article a few months back saying the super-marriage would end? I ask because the same article mentioned the bat-wedding was doomed and it was spot on, so I'm looking for the other shoe to drop. I'd hate for that to be true as well...but with what Bendis is doing, how they go about it might soften the blow.

Bendis keeps saying he won't break up Lois and Clark, and I believe him, but he never said anything about leaving the marriage as it is.
    I think that rumor was the result of a bunch of things that have already happened kinda going through a game of telephone.

Like the way the Batwedding actually went down in 50, Bendis' statements on the how he's going to write the marriage, and Snyder's new event or even the talks about Heroes in Crisis. I think at the time whatever event Justice League is cooking up for this summer with the Legion of Doom had an internal codename of crisis.

If you heard rumors of all three of those stories but didn't know the actual details it'd be easy to jump to the conclusion that it was a "Crisis" and would undue the marriages.
    Last edited by Yoda; 02-01-2019 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardust View Post
    I hope that you are right. But I still remember an interview with Didio from the beginning of the N52, how he himself came up with the changes to Superman and how those will make him interesting and fresh, so I'm not trusting his ego in this
    Yeah, I don't trust him as far as I could throw him either. But above all else Didio wants these books to be successful. In doing that he's handed the keys over to Bendis for the foreseeable future and Bendis along with Tom King and Scott Snyder are probably the only people who have the clout to go their own way.

Plus, Bendis has said Lois and Clark are part of a "thesis" he started with Luke and Jessica that marriage, romance, and commitment in comics doesn't have to be a "end" for the characters. And that you don't need to have married characters fight or break up to have drama. The most reassuring thing he's said is that he sees Lois and Clark as partners and that their relationship and family is a microcosm of everything Superman is fighting for.

What that portends for the actual public marriage of Lois Lane and "Clark Kent" we can't say but their relationship itself is not going anywhere ala the New 52.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Bendis could also make "superfamily" celebrity superheroes, like you know Fantastic 4. That is also a possibility. We shouldn't just assume the worst. There are other possibilities. But the problem with this is "clark" persona and his job. Can he go public and still be a reporter for "daily planet"? Can Lois take the mantle of superwoman and still continue to be a reporter?
    And fantastic 4 is not exactly a conventional family.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Yeah, I don't trust him as far as I could throw him either. But above all else Didio wants these books to be successful. In doing that he's handed the keys over to Bendis for the foreseeable future and Bendis along with Tom King and Scott Snyder are probably the only people who have the clout to go their own way.

Plus, Bendis has said Lois and Clark are part of a "thesis" he started with Luke and Jessica that marriage, romance, and commitment in comics doesn't have to be a "end" for the characters. And that you don't need to have married characters fight or break up to have drama. The most reassuring thing he's said is that he sees Lois and Clark as partners and that their relationship and family is a microcosm of everything Superman is fighting for.

What that portends for the actual public marriage of Lois Lane and "Clark Kent" we can't say but their relationship itself is not going anywhere ala the New 52.
    What I'm seeing is, that so far Bendis is throwing Lois under the bus to write his "thesis". Jon basically doesn't exist anymore and instead got replaced, which doesn't paint Clark in a good light either.
    No thesis is worth all this.

At the moment I'm assuming Bendis is lying threw his teeth whatever he is saying. It's his job to write the comics in a way that makes what he is saying believable

Quote Originally Posted by Stardust View Post
    What I'm seeing is, that so far Bendis is throwing Lois under the bus to write his "thesis". Jon basically doesn't exist anymore and instead got replaced, which doesn't paint Clark in a good light either.
    No thesis is worth all this.

At the moment I'm assuming Bendis is lying threw his teeth whatever he is saying. It's his job to write the comics in a way that makes what he is saying believable
    And I do get that and share some of your trepidation. But he hasn't lied about anything yet and has been remarkably direct to the point where his characters are essentially parroting his interviews (or his interviews end up paraphrasing his dialogue months after he wrote it).

Luke and Jessica consistently went through plenty of crap, including periods where they seemed at odds but were doing things to protect their family.

Incredible Member

I can not come up with any good logical reason for Lois and Clark to completely throw their public lives and marriage with each other away. Even assuming they feel they they have to come clean about Jon, how is not having Lois say "I briefly had an affair, I broke it off and already came clean to my husband long ago" and Clark "I've known for about Jon for a long time and have already forgave her. I was the one who actually raised Jon and consider him my son regardless" not a better option.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    I can not come up with any good logical reason for Lois and Clark to completely throw their public lives and marriage with each other away. Even assuming they feel they they have to come clean about Jon, how is not having Lois say "I briefly had an affair, I broke it off and already came clean to my husband long ago" and Clark "I've known for about Jon for a long time and have already forgave her. I was the one who actually raised Jon and consider him my son regardless" not a better option.
    They actually broke up right before the wedding for a stretch. You don't even need the affair aspect. Just they broke up and when they reconciled and quickly got married Lois didn't realize she was pregnant. They decided with Superman it'd be safer for Jon to not know his true parentage until he was older. Which is exactly how it went down in the Lois & Clark New 52 series.

Bendis has talked up Jurgens contributions to Superman significantly so it'd be a little odd he'd retroactively undue everything they built with Lois & Clark.

Hey Rich Johnston and Bleeding Cool run that theory!
    Last edited by Yoda; 02-01-2019 at 09:41 AM.

BANNED

BANNED

Master Hero Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    They actually broke up right before the wedding for a stretch. You don't even need the affair aspect. Just they broke up and when they reconciled and quickly got married Lois didn't realize she was pregnant. They decided with Superman it'd be safer for Jon to not know his true parentage until he was older. Which is exactly how it went down in the Lois & Clark New 52 series.

Bendis has talked up Jurgens contributions to Superman significantly so it'd be a little odd he'd retroactively undue everything they built with Lois & Clark.

Hey Rich Johnston and Bleeding Cool run that theory!
    What's so bad about Bleeding Cool?