Page 8 of 243 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

This mini reunion was extremely hot.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I understand that Golden and Silver Age didn't do serialized continuity, and you had that Lois/Clark/Superman love triangle which kept things celibate for Supes. Post-Crisis ended that with Clark and Lois dating and then getting engaged before he told her his identity and then post-Death of Superman, they got married in 1996 and that lasted until 2011's New 52 reboot. So that's a marriage that lasted 16 years before being revived in 2016 and 2017 with Convergence. So 15 + 2 years in real-time publication history (not in-universe history).
    You should also note that the Earth-2 Superman (the "original" Superman) was shown marrying the Earth-2 Lois Lane (the "original" Lois) in 1978 (although it probably actually occurred sometime earlier during the Silver Age):

This marriage lasted until this Lois died in Infinite Crisis, in 2006.
    Last edited by seismic-2; 01-03-2019 at 08:40 PM.

^ That is all true.

Also, 'Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow' by Alan Moore essentially functioned as the 'finale' of the Silver Age Superman before the character was rebooted in Crisis. The story ended with the two being married.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    This mini reunion was extremely hot.
    I know, right?! >=P

Quote Originally Posted by _Beautiful_Temptress_ View Post
    Aaaand...more live action kisses!
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    You should also note that the Earth-2 Superman (the "original" Superman) was shown marrying the Earth-2 Lois Lane (the "original" Lois) in 1978 (although it probably actually occurred sometime earlier during the Silver Age):

Yeah, they have a lot of history together.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    ^ That is all true.

Also, 'Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow' by Alan Moore essentially functioned as the 'finale' of the Silver Age Superman before the character was rebooted in Crisis. The story ended with the two being married.
    Exactly.
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Oh so they did get married. I only just started reading Golden Age, and I already know their fate in Infinite Crisis, but I never heard of what happened in between. The only Supermarriage I heard about was the modern post crisis one.

^ That is all true.

This one I know. That story is so popular and discussed I knew the twist from those articles.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

"What the heck." Clark is adorable!

Thanks for sharing! ^_^

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...ce-cast-rumor/
    sounds like Superman and Lois are confirmed to show up in the Hush movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Makes sense since Clark was possessed by Poison Ivy in the original storyline.

BANNED

Not to mention they had a kid named Jon, who was quickly developing powers.

Clark only wound up outliving her by about a few issues though, he would end up dying himself and joined her in the afterlife.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 01-04-2019 at 04:44 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    huhuhuuu..im kinda hoping for Returned of Superman animation. we need the complete arc >
    tho i kinda hate the animation/movies setting in N52 because people need to explain to newbies why he broke up with ww lol

Incredible Member

his solace/confidence/lover/best friend.

gif set by src

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    tho i kinda hate the animation/movies setting in N52 because people need to explain to newbies why he broke up with ww lol
    It was explained in the movie, Diana couldn't see how necessary Clark's civilian identity was to him and couldn't relate or adjust to that side of his life.

An alternative explanation can be found in the tie-in comic. Diana got ticked off Clark prioritised Lois over her and decided it was better they stay friends.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 01-04-2019 at 06:30 AM.

Incredible Member

It was explained in the movie, Diana couldn't see how necessary Clark's civilian identity was to him and couldn't relate or adjust to that side of his life.

An alternative explanation can be found in the tie-in comic. Diana got ticked off Clark prioritised Lois over her and decided it was better they stay friends.
    Still hate it because the movie was not following the original source. People with no knowledge of the trilogy or only watched the recent dc animations and n52 fans keep yapping about that everywhere. They even said Supes final moment with Lois was stolen from n52 with WW lol. I guess 2009 Superman Doomsday is the closest thing we got so far.
    Last edited by cookies; 01-04-2019 at 07:58 AM.