Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Lois Lane Appreciation 2019

In order to maintain reasonable length threads, certain threads are re-setting for the new year.

Do NOT re-post from previous threads - those posts are still around and can be read by anyone.

This is for new Appreciation content only.

Please note that this is an Appreciation thread. Anything off-topic and/or not appreciative will be deleted and the poster may be banned for rules violations.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Hopefully we're in for a great year for Lois Lane stories. At the very least, Bendis' direction does seem to be doing its best to highlight her and his interviews so far have been a lot more positive than what I remember reading when Truth was being released. She's one of the best characters in the genre and easily one of my favorite characters. I do wish she'd get a mini where she followed different characters and chronicled their lives like she did in Wonder Woman vol. 2 #170. That said, I don't know that I'd want that to be what a Lois Lane solo series is about, but it'd be fun for an arc if the creative team could string them together to a greater narrative, or some one-shots between arcs.
    Last edited by Robanker; 12-31-2018 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Hopefully we're in for a great year for Lois Lane stories. At the very least, Bendis' direction does seem to be doing its best to highlight her and his interviews so far have been a lot more positive than what I remember reading when Truth was being released. She's one of the best characters in the genre and easily one of my favorite characters.
    Hear hear!!

New year (well, almost "new year"! XD)...new thread!
    Last edited by TomariS; 12-31-2018 at 08:27 PM.
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

From the animated series:

"My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomariS View Post

As much as I love the first Donner movie, Dana Delaney is still the Lois I hear when I read her dialogue. She absolutely killed it every time.

BANNED

Good luck to Lois this year in whatever DC have planned for her, hopefully she, Clark and Jon can come together as a family post-Doomsday Clock (and here's hoping she plays a big part in resolving that story too)

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomariS View Post

This is actually my favorite version of Lois. The way she is supposed to be. Spunky, fearless and able to kick butt. With a blunt wit as well.

Kidder and Erica Durance also did a great job. Made me really like Lois.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Happy New Year to the most famous female Ace Reporter in fiction .

(Also count me in as another Dana Delaney fan ).

Astonishing Member

She was there from day 1 and she truly is awesome. What sets her apart from superheroes, is that she's as brave as the rest them but without the safety net of super powers. She incredibly smart and extremely self assured, how could I not love her?

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

tumblr_p1zgsvZBV21s803s6o1_1280.jpg

Thought Blue lantern Lois was really cool in Nightwing new order. Would be cool to see her again.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post

Thought Blue lantern Lois was really cool in Nightwing new order. Would be cool to see her again.
    I think the same. She was really cool. One good idea make her a blue lantern.

I also hope we see more of this rendition of Lois moving forward. The idea is fascinating.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

She was awesome!!