Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

I've always been partial towards the Ed McGuinness version of Lois Lane:

I grew up on the DCAU, so that's my Lois - dark hair, purple eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I like her being what she originally was, because that's how I got to know her....and to contribute something lookswise to the kid. He gets Clark's eyes and hair, and facial features change so much (for everyone) they don't count. If the kids (anyone's kids) wounded up with different color hair and eyes than their parents (which happens all the the time in real life, but rarely in comics), it might be different. But mostly, it's the first part - that's just how she's supposed to look to me. And humans shouldn't have purple eyes - yes I know they say Elizabeth Taylor had "violet eyes", but they're nothing like that. Save purple for Garth or aliens or whatnot.
    I agree.

In general, for comic books at least, unearthly colors and hues for eyes, skin, and hair (unless explicitly fake, aka contacts/paint/dyes or wigs) should be for non- humans.

The problem is that Lois has almost NO defining or unique physical characteristics. If I thought about describing Lois physically, I'd get adjectives like ...

Human (definitely). Female (definitely). Adult (almost always). Caucasian (almost always). American (almost always). Not tall (definitely), Not fat (almost always).

That's it. 7 visual descriptors: Human, Adult, Female, Caucasian, American, Not-Tall, Not-Fat.

Everything else is up for grabs.

Hair color can be jet-black, brown (any shade), or orange to straight-up red.

Hair length can be pixie-short or Amazon-long or anything in between, with virtually any style.

Eyes can be blue, green, grey, hazel, brown or violet.

Age can be from college-age to early-middle-age mom.

No unique style of clothing for her either. Miniskirts and pantsuits are equally used.

Lois can be almost literally anything visually.

Makes me wish Zack Snyder had gone with his actual 2nd choice of Zoe Saldana for MAN OF STEEL's Lois. Because what's one more look for Lois?

Tales from the Dark Multiverse: The Death of Superman #1

https://www.newsarama.com/47095-meet...-1st-look.html

... so when is there going to be a Lois Lane solo movie? It could be a prequel, no Superman involved. It could be relatively lighthearted, or could be crime-noir or a relatively serious journalism drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ... so when is there going to be a Lois Lane solo movie? It could be a prequel, no Superman involved. It could be relatively lighthearted, or could be crime-noir or a relatively serious journalism drama.
    I still say the YA novels would be a great and inexpensive live action series if they wanted to go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    You are far more likely to get a LOIS LANE television show similar to the current PENNYWORTH television show on Epix network ... which wouldn't be the worst thing.

When is Lois' birthday? Does she have an official or unofficial one?

Clark's is either Feb 29th (pre-COIE comics, in-universe), or April 18th (official date given for 1938's Action Comics #1 IRL)..

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    You are far more likely to get a LOIS LANE television show similar to the current PENNYWORTH television show on Epix network ... which wouldn't be the worst thing.
    Wasn't there going to be a pre-Superman TV series with Lois Lane and Lex Luthor working together.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Wasn't there going to be a pre-Superman TV series with Lois Lane and Lex Luthor working together.
    Current status: like virtually evert pitched idea ever, it's spending time in that un-greenlit stage called "development hell". Like the supposed SUPERGIRL movie and the more recent rumored LUTHOR movie, it's very unclear if it'll ever get made.

I want Lois to be as formidable as possible without turning into a ringer for a superhero herself. Martial artistry enough to handle mooks and most henchmen on her own is required, but in addition to that, I'm thinking bigger.

Lois Lane should be the greatest journalist in all of fiction.

So, first question: how do you measure journalistic greatness?

The easy answer is Pulitzers. But now that Kara Zor-El spangled won one for as story she wrote about Lex on the painfully bad SUPERGIRL television show (I actually watched the episode solely for Jon Cryer's awesome Luthor), it's clear that pulitzers alone is setting the bar too low.

Just like no martial artist IRL could ever amass what Bruce Wayne has achieved prior to becoming Batman (i.e. black belts in 300+ disciplines), so should Lois have amassed journalistic achievements (prior to Superman's public debut) that no journalist IRL could attain in one lifetime.

Now, what would that list entail? Any journalism enthusiasts out there that can chime in?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/11...-goldie-vance/

From New York Times bestselling author Grace Ellis (Lumberjanes) and artist Brittney Williams (Goldie Vance) comes a new story about 13-year-old Lois Lane as she navigates the confusing worlds of social media and friendship.

It’s the first day of summer break in the sleepy town of Liberty View, and young Lois Lane bursts onto the scene with what she knows is a sure-to-go-viral video channel. Okay, maybe her platform only receives two views a week (thanks, Mom), and maybe her best friend, Kristen, isn’t quite as enthusiastic about social media, but when Lois sets her mind on something, there’s no turning back.

At the end of the week, the big neighborhood barbecue and bike race will be the perfect backdrop to Lois and Kristen’s #friendshipchallenge video. But when the girls find out the annual fireworks are missing, Lois doubles down on her efforts for fame, testing her friendship in ways she couldn’t imagine.

With Kristen leaving for sleepaway camp after the barbeque and a new girl on the block taking all of Kristen’s attention, will Lois be able to find the missing fireworks, celebrate the summer, and post the best #friendshipchallenge the internet has ever seen? Or will she have to face her challenges IRL?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

a young lois lane in a world with social media? Huh, that should be intersting.

I'm glad they're doing a graphic novel for Lois. It looks really cute .

I wonder if Clark will show up at all in some form.

This sounds great! My kids have loved the Super Sons and Superman of Smallville books, this looks like it’s following in that vein. Also looks like it’ll be right up my daughter’s alley. She’s been tearing through the Babysitters Club graphic novels.