Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Yup. Remember, the only Superman stuff I read and watched was in the first paragraph, and I paid more attention to the main character than anything else. In between, I know of the character from pop cultural reference, but that's about as much as I know.

So to continue, I started paying attention to Lois in particular, and then it clicked. Lois is an investigative reporter. My favorite childhood character, Tintin, is an investigative reporter. I was confused at first why people would want to read a story starring Lois because I view it from the point of view of her as a supporting character to a superhero book, but on her own, if that is the type of story she can bring, then I'm interested.

411855._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

The solo series never happened, but I already saw the potential, so I paid attention to her character during Rebirth. I noticed how she's the tough one and Clark's the dorky one. I love the interaction of the Super family. I noticed that she's very involved in all the plot, and when I saw she went undercover, I was like, yes! This is what I want to see!

Now, even though I was looking forward to reading Rebirth, I'm also really annoyed when something mess up with continuity. Even though it was an attempt to fix continuity or bring back something that people like. All the continuity adjustment that happened in Rebirth put me off from continuing. Even though I already like the Rebirth Super family.

So I decided, rather than continually being angry, I want to go back when things were a lot less messier, back to the beginning. Superman Golden Age Volume 1. Lois has been popular from the start and I wanted to see how it began.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 01-03-2019 at 08:36 AM.