Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm glad they're doing a graphic novel for Lois. It looks really cute .

I wonder if Clark will show up at all in some form.
    Unlikely, considering Lois doesn't usually meet him until he starts working for the Daily Planet. Would he even be Superboy yet at this point? Lois is only 13 in this.

The same artist drew Marvel's Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat three to four years ago.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-25-2019 at 06:58 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I don’t necessarily think they’ll have a role for Clark, but these aren’t really beholden to any sort of continuity whatsoever, so it’s possible. Gwenda Bond’s Lois Lane series of books worked him in as well and they were teenagers there too.
    Last edited by Yoda; 11-29-2019 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I don’t necessarily think they’ll have a role for Clark, these aren’t really beholden to any sort of continuity whatsoever, so it’s possible. Gwenda Bond’s Lois Lane series of books worked him in as well and they were teenagers there too.
    I was thinking they could do something similar to those novels if they reference him at all.

Okay, so this is adorable and I'm sold. Yay Lois!

Gail Simone claims that at a DC Comics writer's retreat she attended in the past, an A List writer suggested killing off Lois Lane because she doesn't sell action figures.

https://twitter.com/GailSimone/statu...64340992843778

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/11...-goldie-vance/

From New York Times bestselling author Grace Ellis (Lumberjanes) and artist Brittney Williams (Goldie Vance) comes a new story about 13-year-old Lois Lane as she navigates the confusing worlds of social media and friendship.

It’s the first day of summer break in the sleepy town of Liberty View, and young Lois Lane bursts onto the scene with what she knows is a sure-to-go-viral video channel. Okay, maybe her platform only receives two views a week (thanks, Mom), and maybe her best friend, Kristen, isn’t quite as enthusiastic about social media, but when Lois sets her mind on something, there’s no turning back.

At the end of the week, the big neighborhood barbecue and bike race will be the perfect backdrop to Lois and Kristen’s #friendshipchallenge video. But when the girls find out the annual fireworks are missing, Lois doubles down on her efforts for fame, testing her friendship in ways she couldn’t imagine.

With Kristen leaving for sleepaway camp after the barbeque and a new girl on the block taking all of Kristen’s attention, will Lois be able to find the missing fireworks, celebrate the summer, and post the best #friendshipchallenge the internet has ever seen? Or will she have to face her challenges IRL?
    Woohoo, thanks for sharing the info!! Great news for our intrepid reporter!

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    Gail Simone claims that at a DC Comics writer's retreat she attended in the past, an A List writer suggested killing off Lois Lane because she doesn't sell action figures.

Hehehe...now imagine that writer's reaction if we told him the Lois Lane SV funko sold out in some countries before Supes & Clark. It's not that she doesn't sell, it's that there are not enough action figures of her (besides collector's editions, statues and like 2 barbie dolls IIRC).
    Last edited by TomariS; 11-29-2019 at 01:05 PM.
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Jeez. That sounds like an uncomfortable retreat.

I wonder who it was though. Timeline-wise it could have been for the New 52...which A-list writer hasn't written for DC in a long time?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I couldn't be more sold. That art style is great!

That's goddamn disgusting. Alfred doesn't exactly move...Oh wait....

She noted later in the comment chain that the writer in question no longer works at DC. I don't really care to find out who but I'm glad that toxic influence has been pulled from the well.
    Last edited by Robanker; 11-30-2019 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jeez. That sounds like an uncomfortable retreat.

I wonder who it was though. Timeline-wise it could have been for the New 52...which A-list writer hasn't written for DC in a long time?
    If it was for New 52, they could've just had her not exist.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I can’t think of an “a-list” writer that isn’t at DC anymore that was there around the time of the New 52 launch. I also doubt there were any writers retreats for the New 52 considering it was all done by editorial fiat. If I had to guess I think it might have been around the post infinite crisis period and possibly be Chuck Austen. He hated Lois and wrote her like garbage in his run. At the time he was considered “a list”. And doesn’t write for anyone anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If it was for New 52, they could've just had her not exist.
    They tried their best to do that in the New 52 anyways.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I can’t think of an “a-list” writer that isn’t at DC anymore that was there around the time of the New 52 launch. I also doubt there were any writers retreats for the New 52 considering it was all done by editorial fiat. If I had to guess I think it might have been around the post infinite crisis period and possibly be Chuck Austen. He hated Lois and wrote her like garbage in his run. At the time he was considered “a list”. And doesn’t write for anyone anymore.
    I don't know, Brad Meltzer? I'm basing this on the death of Sue Dibny.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I don't know, Brad Meltzer? I'm basing this on the death of Sue Dibny.
    I can’t see Meltzer defending the pitch with the action figure line. That’s the justification of someone who has no respect for the character at all and he definitely does given what he has said about her in a few interviews. Austen’s run treated her terribly, and he was briefly there around the time where they would have been breaking out the build up to infinite crisis, which Simone was involved in with Villains United.

Again, I don’t know that Austen was even considered A List back then. He got blackballed basically after his disastrous Action Comics run. But I think he was supposed to build up to Infinite Crisis around that time and he was coming off Uncanny X-Men and was kinda seen as something of a hot writer around that time frame.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I recommend tissues when reading the new Lois issue today, it was so sad.