Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Lois Lane Appreciation 2019

In order to maintain reasonable length threads, certain threads are re-setting for the new year.

Do NOT re-post from previous threads - those posts are still around and can be read by anyone.

This is for new Appreciation content only.

Please note that this is an Appreciation thread. Anything off-topic and/or not appreciative will be deleted and the poster may be banned for rules violations.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Hopefully we're in for a great year for Lois Lane stories. At the very least, Bendis' direction does seem to be doing its best to highlight her and his interviews so far have been a lot more positive than what I remember reading when Truth was being released. She's one of the best characters in the genre and easily one of my favorite characters. I do wish she'd get a mini where she followed different characters and chronicled their lives like she did in Wonder Woman vol. 2 #170. That said, I don't know that I'd want that to be what a Lois Lane solo series is about, but it'd be fun for an arc if the creative team could string them together to a greater narrative, or some one-shots between arcs.
    Last edited by Robanker; 12-31-2018 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Hopefully we're in for a great year for Lois Lane stories. At the very least, Bendis' direction does seem to be doing its best to highlight her and his interviews so far have been a lot more positive than what I remember reading when Truth was being released. She's one of the best characters in the genre and easily one of my favorite characters.
    Hear hear!!

New year (well, almost "new year"! XD)...new thread!
    Last edited by TomariS; 12-31-2018 at 08:27 PM.
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

From the animated series:

"My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomariS View Post

As much as I love the first Donner movie, Dana Delaney is still the Lois I hear when I read her dialogue. She absolutely killed it every time.

BANNED

Good luck to Lois this year in whatever DC have planned for her, hopefully she, Clark and Jon can come together as a family post-Doomsday Clock (and here's hoping she plays a big part in resolving that story too)

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomariS View Post

This is actually my favorite version of Lois. The way she is supposed to be. Spunky, fearless and able to kick butt. With a blunt wit as well.

Kidder and Erica Durance also did a great job. Made me really like Lois.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Happy New Year to the most famous female Ace Reporter in fiction .

(Also count me in as another Dana Delaney fan ).

Incredible Member

Idk if this article been posted here or not but it was an amazing article to read about Lois Lane
    https://www.batmansbookcase.com/upda...mpression=true

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    Idk if this article been posted here or not but it was an amazing article to read about Lois Lane
    https://www.batmansbookcase.com/upda...mpression=true
    Thanks for sharing it, cookies!!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The first time I saw Lois was from a black and white Superman tv. The second was from Donner Superman movie. The third was when I read a Byrne's Superman comic. All of those times I was never interested in her, and for 20 years and many adaptations which I didn't watch because I wasn't interested, I never saw her as more than Superman's love interest.

The first time she attracted my attention again was when I started reading New 52 and I saw hordes of people protesting her portrayal and the SMWW romance. I still wasn't really interested until Superman 75th anniversary came and I heard people protesting that Lois didn't get her own anniversary book.

My reaction was a flat what. Why was a love interest has to get her own anniversary book? I didn't get it. So I started reading up on comments from Lois Lane fans, and apparently she's an important character to the Superman mythos and an inspirational figure to women for being a strong female character since the 40s.

DIG013078_2._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Oh, and she did get her 75th-anniversary book. So someone at DC agrees, even if people have to pressure them to do it, and on top of that, people were asking for her solo series.

So I became really interested. I've read the reasons from fans, but I hadn't read this inspirational figure they're talking about. Beyond one issue and adaptation of Superman as a child, I never watched or read through Superman and Lois story. So I started paying attention.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    So I started reading up on comments from Lois Lane fans, and apparently she's an important character to the Superman mythos
    "Apparently?"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    "Apparently?"
    When you don't particularly care for the mythos, it is a surprise for most people to discover her importance. Not everyone starts off as an instant fan whether they like Superman or not. I know I didn't and I loved Superman since I was a child (I'm in my mid thirties now). Despite my so-so feelings for her, I still could never see him without her by his side. It took me years before I could finally call myself a Lois Lane fan, even apart from Superman. Now, she's my girl through and through and want her to be shown the respect due to her after decades of mistreatment.