Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    What's Rucka's ethereal book?
    Bleeding Cool had an article a while back saying Greg Rucka had been green lit to write a Lois Lane miniseries for the new Black Label line of prestige books. Nothing else has been heard since then, but Bendis just included a tease on the opening desk page in Action Comics 1006 for “Greg Rucks writing unauthorized Lois Lane book”. That got everyone talking about it again. Rucka and Bendis are really good friends. And they have repeatedly been saying they are trying to get a Lois Lane book going, but are waiting because they know it needs to be perfect.

I know I'm reaching a bit here, but ...

What if "Ultrawoman" was Lois Lanes's actual sobriquet, just based on her journalist career? Like, people called her Ultrawoman as a compliment to her achievements as a reporter?

This works better if she earned the unofficial moniker before Superman publicly debuts in our time, but DC could just start tacking it on her now, as a meta reference to LOIS & CLARK.

Basically, I want a Lois/Selina crossover story under the heading Ultrawoman & Catwoman (or more likely: Catwoman and Ultrawoman), but you'd have put the Ultrawoman name into constant effect for years prior to market it like that.

Does anyone else own the rights to the "Ultrawoman" name? Like, Japan has (the real) Ultraman, but I doubt they've had a female lead in that franchise (I could be won g, of course).

BANNED

"Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post
    Thanks for sharing, Jon!! ^_^
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Lois Lane Female Fury

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post

Lois Lane Female Fury
    And this is the same woman who's overwhelmed off-world by her house being viewed as royalty...uh huh.

Did not do the research Bendis.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    And this is the same woman who's overwhelmed off-world by her house being viewed as royalty...uh huh.

Did not do the research Bendis.
    I totally agree with that.

So, since it doesn't look like there'll be a fourth Lois Lane YA novel any time soon, can anyone suggest some good Lois Lane heavy comic that's easy to get into?

Greg Rucka's Adventures of Superman run is pretty good. It gets a little heavy with some continuity from that time period, but I think it's easy enough to get into if you know the basic contours of the characters. It's collected in TPB but not digitally. Vol. 1 is Unconventional Warfare, 2. That Healing Touch, and 3. Ruin Revealed.

Birthright and Secret Origin are also good takes on the beginning of things. Birthright in particular is a really good presentation of Lois.

The Lois Lane 75th Anniversary HC has a good selection of Lois stories from the early Golden Age stuff to the weirdest 50's and some of the better modern stories.
    Last edited by Yoda; 02-09-2019 at 11:41 AM.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Lois Lane series coming by Rucka and Perkins.

Im excited for this.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...ois-lane-june/
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member

Best news I've had in a while. I feel like I have been waiting for this for so long and now the da can't get her soon enough. *Crossing fingers* it's an on going and not a mini.

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post

Lois Lane Female Fury
    She's a bada**!!
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Best news I've had in a while. I feel like I have been waiting for this for so long and now the da can't get her soon enough. *Crossing fingers* it's an on going and not a mini.
    It is an ongoing. The May solicits confirm that.