Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Apparently, WB is considering (until they'll change their mind again) to begin a new DCEU with Reeves/Pattison's Batman. If this end up being the route they'll follow, Cavill Supes will be treated as a parallel-Earth Superman, while the new "rebooted" Superman will be the main Earth one.

The Supergirl movie (hypothetically set in the new DCEU) is expected to start production in early 2020 and the casting will eventually start in a few months. I read that, in the current script, Superman will meet Kara at the end of the movie. If the scene will not be removed, we'll prob heard soon who'll play the new iteration of the character (just my speculation).

Mark Hughes' tweets about the transition from the old to the new DCEU:

"Nobody should be surprised that The Batman will not be tied to the previous DCEU film version of Batman, it's not a prequel to Affleck's Batman and some of us have been telling y'all that for literally the past year.

The films still in existing DCEU continuity are their own separate thing.

The plan seems to be to make several new films like The Batman, Supergirl, Batgirl, etc that will eventually cross over w/each other, but first they want to see which ones are good and successful enough to merge together, basically.

So this Batman will have a Gotham corner of DC films, while Supergirl helps build a new Kryptonian corner of DC films, etc etc, and later they'll take the best ones and merge them for crossovers. That's SEPARATE from the DCEU movies that are continuing, like WW84 & Aquaman 2 etc.

The new Batman movie is not tied at all to the DCEU. The prior DCEU only exists in the form of WW84, Aquaman, The Trench, SS2, & BoP. Separately, unconnected to any past DCEU films, they are making a bunch of new DC films in their own separate new universe.

Gal/Jason/Margot are part of PREVIOUS DCEU. Their films will play out for a few more yrs, then those versions of characters will end. SEPARATELY a NEW DIFFERENT DCU is going to be created w/Batman, Supergirl etc. Then AFTER Gal/Jason/Margot are gone their characters get rebooted.

WW, Aquaman, SS, BoP, etc are films set in current DCEU (but they don't plan to cross them over anymore). That's how the current DCEU will "continue" for a few more years. SEPARATELY, they are rebooting Batman, Supergirl, & some others to eventually form a NEW DIFFERENT DCEU.

But this is all just "potential" at this point, since whatever plans are in place are still evolving and could wind up changing since they're still figuring it out, & there's the whole AT&T merger thing that could eventually lead to changes in plans too."

https://twitter.com/markhughesfilms/...69791526539266

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Apparently, WB is considering (until they'll change their mind again) to begin a new DCEU with Reeves/Pattison's Batman. If this end up being the route they'll follow, Cavill Supes will be treated as a parallel-Earth Superman, while the new "rebooted" Superman will be the main Earth one.

The Supergirl movie (hypothetically set in the new DCEU) is expected to start production in early 2020 and the casting will eventually start in a few months. I read that, in the current script, Superman will meet Kara at the end of the movie. If the scene will not be removed, we'll prob heard soon who'll play the new iteration of the character (just my speculation).

"Nobody should be surprised that The Batman will not be tied to the previous DCEU film version of Batman, it's not a prequel to Affleck's Batman and some of us have been telling y'all that for literally the past year.

The plan seems to be to make several new films like The Batman, Supergirl, Batgirl, etc that will eventually cross over w/each other, but first they want to see which ones are good and successful enough to merge together, basically.

So this Batman will have a Gotham corner of DC films, while Supergirl helps build a new Kryptonian corner of DC films, etc etc, and later they'll take the best ones and merge them for crossovers. That's SEPARATE from the DCEU movies that are continuing, like WW84 & Aquaman 2 etc.

The new Batman movie is not tied at all to the DCEU. The prior DCEU only exists in the form of WW84, Aquaman, The Trench, SS2, & BoP. Separately, unconnected to any past DCEU films, they are making a bunch of new DC films in their own separate new universe.

Gal/Jason/Margot are part of PREVIOUS DCEU. Their films will play out for a few more yrs, then those versions of characters will end. SEPARATELY a NEW DIFFERENT DCU is going to be created w/Batman, Supergirl etc. Then AFTER Gal/Jason/Margot are gone their characters get rebooted.

WW, Aquaman, SS, BoP, etc are films set in current DCEU (but they don't plan to cross them over anymore). That's how the current DCEU will "continue" for a few more years. SEPARATELY, they are rebooting Batman, Supergirl, & some others to eventually form a NEW DIFFERENT DCEU.

But this is all just "potential" at this point, since whatever plans are in place are still evolving and could wind up changing since they're still figuring it out, & there's the whole AT&T merger thing that could eventually lead to changes in plans too."

This doesn't bode well for Henry. I really liked him as Superman and want to see him reprise his role. JL & BvS were terrible movies but I still think Henry as Superman can still be salvaged.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    This doesn't bode well for Henry. I really liked him as Superman and want to see him reprise his role. JL & BvS were terrible movies but I still think Henry as Superman can still be salvaged.
    As much as I'd like to see Henry return and play the Superman he and the fans want WB seems to be blaming the characters/actors for the less than stellar reception of the DCEU. It may seem a tad immature or borderline petty but I don't really want Superman recast since this is my first cinematic viewing of the character.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Cavill is done. He’s not coming back, and if you’re a fan of the DCEU Supes honestly you probably wouldn’t want him too. The Snyder interpretation of the character was never going to be continued.

Spectacular Member

This sounds like an incoherent mess waiting to happen. People like the approach of Aquaman and Shazam of simply not caring about continuity, just carry on with that instead of making a new DCEU.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Wow, I didn't think they'd actually have the balls to go for something like this. I fully support it though.

It's basically Earth-1 and Earth-2. Down the line, if they really stick the landing with the DCEU, and the get a good buzz for the new one then they can totally do a Crisis movie that could totally feature Cavil as an older Earth-2 Superman. The even have Supergirl for he big death. Hopefully the idea is to not make a big deal about this change over, and then spring it in the forth quarter.

They could turn all their big fat L's into one giant W that works on a similar self referencing fan service engine to Endgame. They just have to, ya know, make em good.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I kind of suspected they would do this at some point after JL crashed. A sort of soft reboot that let's the existing movies stand but, conveniently, nothing more will be made in that universe after a certain time. Slowly phase it out and phase in the new one depending on how it does. They're basically admitting at this point the current DCEU no longer matters. There were rumors that WW84 was going to be a soft reboot. If this is true, though, it looks like they've found another way around it. I kind of wondered if the Joker movie would open the door to an alternative DC movie universe. I'll be honest, if they plan on doing a SuperGIRL before a SuperMAN, I don't see that catching on unless they plan to admit that Superman existed on this world before she came to Earth. I just hope they learn from their mistakes and don't go all broody with Superman again.
    Assassinate Putin!

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Cavill is done. He’s not coming back, and if you’re a fan of the DCEU Supes honestly you probably wouldn’t want him too.
    You are right, Zack Snyder was the only visionary whose take on Superman was not clinging to past and nostalgia like every single pitch from other directors/producers are ever since MoS and BvS.

"Oh, I would bring back Christopher Reeve spirit! Oh, I would make a movie closer to Superman we all know and love from 1978! Oh, I completely have no original ideas but only how to remake old sh**!". Nope, thanks, I definitely don't want to see that done with Cav-El's Superman.

Having a cinematic multiverse would've been a dope idea though. People could have their Superman with other actor with all the nostalgia and pandering towards Superman purists and other half could have Henry Cavill.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    As much as I'd like to see Henry return and play the Superman he and the fans want WB seems to be blaming the characters/actors for the less than stellar reception of the DCEU. It may seem a tad immature or borderline petty but I don't really want Superman recast since this is my first cinematic viewing of the character.
    I'm old enough to remember George Reeves, Christopher Reeve, Dean Cain, and Brandon Routh as Superman. And what with Tyler Hoechlin now also as Superman,
    another Superman in the new and improved DCEU is no big deal to me. To be honest Henry Cavill is my least favorite Superman, so I am actually looking forward
    to see who is the new DCEU Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I'm old enough to remember George Reeves, Christopher Reeve, Dean Cain, and Brandon Routh as Superman. And what with Tyler Hoechlin now also as Superman,
    another Superman in the new and improved DCEU is no big deal to me. To be honest Henry Cavill is my least favorite Superman, so I am actually looking forward
    to see who is the new DCEU Superman.
    And I'm glad that you feel that, we should all feel free to express our feelings on this. That being said a sizeable of people feel the exact opposite.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Thanks for the share.

Well, I mentally closed up shop after Shazam anyway. Still sad to see them throw the towel but after having watched Marvels Infinity Saga kind of expected. WB very sadly has absolutely in no way form or shape the ability to make something remotely like that with DC and even less so with this Aeuthor (or however it is spelled) approach and no coherent vision of one who apparently cares about the correct presentation of DC characters like the MCU had. Thanks for trying for 7,5 movies (of which I enjoyed all) but that is where I eject. At least in the "be in the movies and get the limited edition bluray asap" department.

Considering that they never got something simple like that none of the cast where the problem I have absolutely zero faith in them getting it done in the future.

This was never about Superman, it has always been about Batman and putting HIM forward cause Batman sells merchandise and Merch is King. Cars, Planes, utility belts, various palette swapped toys...Superman has or needs none of that nor does any other of the prime heroes so ofcourse WB pushes Batman above all else.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Henry Cavill gets a bust of him from Justice League shirt rip scene by Infinity Studios

And if you are interested in Henry Cavill in general, one of his movies called Nomis is going to get this summer release where he plays a main role

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    I'm sick and tired of WB disrespecting Hans Zimmer's contribution to music for Superman that can be considered iconic at this point. spoilers:
    Saw Shazam! and they used John Williams again -_-
    end of spoilers
    I'd say it's possibly for the best if WB/DC didn't use the song again as they could very well mix that with the John Williams song (like combined them together). Which might lead to the process and the end result turning out horribly.

I'm have accepted that the John Williams Superman theme is THE theme for the character. It is so iconic and instantly recognizable.

The Zimmer's Superman theme and score is fantastic but it only works for the Cavill version, imo.