Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Superman had a sense of humor in the original film during his first day as a superhero and also in the interview with Lois Lane. Another example I love is Superman during his fight with Doomsday in the new animated movie; he has time to joke with Lois even when he is getting brutally beaten. "You got me? Whose got you?" The ultimate optimistic.

Maybe that's the problem, when you only focus on the people around him always in awe of him. Need to show Superman interacting with them in light-hearted ways as well so that people begin to know he's also a person like them and to trust him. Snyder didn't do enough of that. I also said that because some Snyder fans think it's out of character for Cavill Superman to be laughing in JL... If anything, he was acting like Superman does, being more optimistic and friendly, IMO.

Exactly, Shazam had stakes, just not end of the world stakes, but could have if Sivana got his way. Sivana was a killer. Batman films only really threaten Gotham.
    Because there are People TOO laugh with. Diana had Steve with her the whole movie so did Aquaman with Mera same as this with Freddy. Sure MoS has Lois but they're were never together romping around bantering back and forth like the others were building that...um like-factor . That's why people didn't buy them kissing amongst the rubble in MoS or them suddenly being a couple living together in BvS, people will buy anything if you sell it to them the right way. Why did people like Batflec in BvS? Cause he had Alfred to Talk too. Why did People like Superman more the Ultimate Cut of BvS? Cause Clark talked to people (whisper: He's Superman :whisper.). That's honestly my only problem with Snyder, He shoots long and sometimes has to leave the heart of his Movies on the cutting room floor cause I'm sure those parts are in a longer cut of MoS just like they were in BvS.

Sivana was way too Saturday Morning to truly take seriously. Plus Diana would have wrecked him magic or not which highlights the problem Marvel faced with it's extended universe, Where is everybody? If the Justice League Exists Why didn't they come down on Sivana like a Bad Cold? Now if you show Sivana Imprisoning the JL with Magic then all you have left IS Billy plus it would tie perfectly into the ending.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Sivana was way too Saturday Morning to truly take seriously. Plus Diana would have wrecked him magic or not which highlights the problem Marvel faced with it's extended universe, Where is everybody? If the Justice League Exists Why didn't they come down on Sivana like a Bad Cold? Now if you show Sivana Imprisoning the JL with Magic then all you have left IS Billy plus it would tie perfectly into the ending.
    Diana being able to wreck him is irrelevant, because this is not her story. Explaining where the JL is would just be useless filler because nobody was asking.

It's the same reason "Superman Stays out of Gotham" is a trope with that name. The shared universe isn't totally logical, and DC's properties are more self contained than the Marvel ones. The JL have no reason to be in this story, so there is no reason to explain their absence. Same reason Superman doesn't put a stop to an Arkham break out in two second every time it happens: because it's Batman's book and nobody wants to see Superman do that.

BANNED

Why go see these movies if their are no stakes. Shazam was kinda forgettable like a Marvel movie.
    Shazam wasn’t like a Marvel movie. Shazam had a good storyline and character focused.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Diana being able to wreck him is irrelevant, because this is not her story. Explaining where the JL is would just be useless filler because nobody was asking.

It's the same reason "Superman Stays out of Gotham" is a trope with that name. The shared universe isn't totally logical, and DC's properties are more self contained than the Marvel ones. The JL have no reason to be in this story, so there is no reason to explain their absence. Same reason Superman doesn't put a stop to an Arkham break out in two second every time it happens: because it's Batman's book and nobody wants to see Superman do that.
    But this isn't a comicbook,it's a movie. Look at how Tony showed up in Homecoming to bail peter out and give him some mentoring. Same thing could have happened here.
    typed from my mountain side VR lair cause Awesomesauce.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Saw Shazam. I really liked it. It was fun. The cameo from our buddy at the end put a smile on my face even though I wished it was indeed Cavill for obvious reasons, but I understand why he didn't do it.

I really do think a Shazam sequel would be the perfect way to " reintroduce" DCEU Superman , whether it's Cavill or another actor stepping into the boots. Having Superman as a big brother figure to Billy and his family could help add some new facets to Supes and help the audience look at this incarnation in a different light. Even use Clark Kent a bit more. Imagine an over enthusiastic Billy in Shazam form showing up out of the blue at The Daily Planet wanting to hang out with or get advice from Clark but nearly blowing his secret identity. Or Shazam and Supes teaming up against Metallo in Memorial park.

There was a lot of the Geoff Johns New 52 reimagining of Shazam in this film. A sequel could in part be inspired by the Superman/Shazam miniseries from awhile back.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

But this isn't a comicbook,it's a movie. Look at how Tony showed up in Homecoming to bail peter out and give him some mentoring. Same thing could have happened here.
    typed from my mountain side VR lair cause Awesomesauce.
    It being a film is a better reason to not bog it down with fluff like where the JL is. Its not their story so it doesn't matter where they are. Same reason as the comics, they're busy or something and it doesn't matter too much.

DC's properties are more self contained to begin with unlike Marvel, where they all live in the same city. And Iron Man showing up in the Spider-Man movies isn't very interesting to me.and he has more reason to show up than the JL does. That's just how Marvel functions and DC doesn't as much

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Saw Shazam. I really liked it. It was fun. The cameo from our buddy at the end put a smile on my face even though I wished it was indeed Cavill for obvious reasons, but I understand why he didn't do it.

I really do think a Shazam sequel would be the perfect way to " reintroduce" DCEU Superman , whether it's Cavill or another actor stepping into the boots. Having Superman as a big brother figure to Billy and his family could help add some new facets to Supes and help the audience look at this incarnation in a different light. Even use Clark Kent a bit more. Imagine an over enthusiastic Billy in Shazam form showing up out of the blue at The Daily Planet wanting to hang out with or get advice from Clark but nearly blowing his secret identity. Or Shazam and Supes teaming up against Metallo in Memorial park.

There was a lot of the Geoff Johns New 52 reimagining of Shazam in this film. A sequel could in part be inspired by the Superman/Shazam miniseries from awhile back.

I fully agree. I watched Shazam again with family on Saturday, and when Superman appeared, my 9-year-old niece yelled "Superman!"

Later she said she wanted to see his face... she looked very annoyed. Her favorite is Wonder Woman, but she also likes Superman and the Flash.

My sister wasn't interested in the movie, but she ended up liking it a lot. My niece and her friend said it was a good movie.

What Superman costume in the DCEU do you like more?

I think the MOS suit has the best design (more natural), but I don't like it that it looks pretty dark in the movie (it actual suit wasn't that dark I think) and the yellow was almost non-existent. I love the yellow to be bright. I like the S style in BvS more, it has more cool detailing.

The JL suit probably has my fave blue. I'm not a big fan of how busy it looks, though. I think BvS design is better than it, but not sure.

D5nS5AVUEAA2WSj.jpg

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    What Superman costume in the DCEU do you like more?

I think the MOS suit has the best design (more natural), but I don't like it that it looks pretty dark in the movie (it actual suit wasn't that dark I think) and the yellow was almost non-existent. I love the yellow to be bright. I like the S style in BvS more, it has more cool detailing.

The JL suit probably has my fave blue. I'm not a big fan of how busy it looks, though. I think BvS design is better than it, but not sure.

D5nS5AVUEAA2WSj.jpg
    He has a "new" tweaked suit also in Shazam! for some reasons.

Btw, the MoS suit is still my favorite.

BANNED

Cavil's BVS Suit was barely seen in daylight

Astonishing Member

MoS suit was the best of the whole bunch.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

his hair was definitely the best in MoS

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    MoS suit was the best of the whole bunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    his hair was definitely the best in MoS

Agreed with both quotes. I think his MoS suit and hair length are the best.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

The MOS suit looks really good here, and his muscles look more realistic too than in the other suits, but the blue is so dark, imo, and the yellow is barely there. I need a brighter blue and yellow.

D5ibsb9XoAERuQd.jpg

Edit: This is a nice blue. Suit still looks too busy with all the fake muscle mark.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1123972712895004675
    Last edited by stargazer01; 05-03-2019 at 03:22 PM.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

May 5th is Cavil's Birthday.

Z. Snyder shared this photo to celebrate it.