Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

A universe where Batman is at the end of his journey and Superman is only at the beginning sounds like a dream, lol.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

It's rumored that in BoP, it'll be mentioned that Batman disappeared a few years ago, prob to justify Affleck being done with the role.
    I wonder if there'll be an excuse to justify Superman absence too. Maybe in the Supergirl movie?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It's rumored that in BoP, it'll be mentioned that Batman disappeared a few years ago, prob to justify Affleck being done with the role.
    I wonder if there'll be an excuse to justify Superman absence too. Maybe in the Supergirl movie?
    Hopfully it's better than "You're so much better than me Kara, I'll be right over here making babies"

It's really sad that there could've been a Lord of the Rings scale of story for Superman, but people demanded some flick where there is no story, but at least Superman smiles 24/7 and saves cats from trees. I think one of Superman's main features is exactly the possibility of grandiose stories to tell of epic scale that blows away minds with deep mythology and cosmic adventures. Darkseid could have been DCEU's Sauron to defeat with Batman being Boromir.

Astonishing Member

It didn't help that his sequel was hijacked and a heavy portion of his scenes subsequently left on the cutting floor. For those who weren't fans, it was impossible to become invested in the character.

The rumors are the Supergirl movie will take place in the 1970s. Sort of a prequel to Man of Steel. So Superman isn't there in the Supergirl movie because Superman isn't there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    The rumors are the Supergirl movie will take place in the 1970s. Sort of a prequel to Man of Steel. So Superman isn't there in the Supergirl movie because Superman isn't there yet.
    The Supergirl movie could've present day scenes like WW.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I doubt that even if Snyder would be still in charge, WB would let him killing Batman without doing at least a Bat-trilogy first. It feel like Gordon and Grayson being dead in Snyder's headcanon.
    Well apparently Gordon was always going to be in Snyder's version of JL. In fact I think most of JK Simmons scenes were shot by Snyder.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Well apparently Gordon was always going to be in Snyder's version of JL. In fact I think most of JK Simmons scenes were shot by Snyder.
    He was dead in the BvS script. I was referring to that.
    For those who don't know it, around a year before the release of BvS, a blogger who read the script spoiled most of the movie, and in the shooting script he read it was mentioned that Gordon was dead.

The Supergirl movie could've present day scenes like WW.
    But that was because Wonder Woman was already shown to exist in the present day prior to the Woman Woman movie. She was in Batman v Superman. The Wonder Woman movie was her remembering something that
    happened in her past. It's sort of an extended version of Oliver Queen's flashbacks on Arrow. Supergirl has never been shown to exist in the present yet. If Supergirl does exist in the present they have to explain
    why no one knows about her. Why Supergirl didn't show up to fight Doomsday or Steppenwolf.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

He was dead in the BvS script. I was referring to that.
    For those who don't know it, around a year before the release of BvS, a blogger who read the script spoiled most of the movie, and in the shooting script he read it was mentioned that Gordon was dead.
    I either have completely forgotten this or I'm just finding this out!

I wonder Affleck convinced Snyder to change his mind? It was around this time Affleck was supposed to be attached to direct and star in 'The Batman'. I imagine he wanted to use Gordon and he had his buddy Chris Terro to write him into JL.

I guess when Snyder couldn't kill Gordon he decided to kill Jimmy Olsen instead.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    But that was because Wonder Woman was already shown to exist in the present day prior to the Woman Woman movie. She was in Batman v Superman. The Wonder Woman movie was her remembering something that
    happened in her past. It's sort of an extended version of Oliver Queen's flashbacks on Arrow. Supergirl has never been shown to exist in the present yet. If Supergirl does exist in the present they have to explain
    why no one knows about her. Why Supergirl didn't show up to fight Doomsday or Steppenwolf.
    The Supergirl movie could easily jump in the present day at the end.

I wonder Affleck convinced Snyder to change his mind? It was around this time Affleck was supposed to be attached to direct and star in 'The Batman'. I imagine he wanted to use Gordon and he had his buddy Chris Terro to write him into JL.
    It could be. Snyder wasn't the only one making decisione.

I guess when Snyder couldn't kill Gordon he decided to kill Jimmy Olsen instead.
    One life for another to balance the universe. Lol.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 01-12-2019 at 07:02 AM.

Can someone tell me why peoples first thought of DCEU Superman is Brooding? The Guy is reacting to some really horrible stuff. If he was smiling through it all he'd look like a freaking Sociopath. Are people really that out of touch with Superman showing genuine emotion?

Olsen was the guy standing next to Clark on the Red Carpet when Bruce showed up. Snyder once said people still hadn't found all the Easter Eggs in BvS. I swear people honestly think he'd kill Jimmy Olsen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Can someone tell me why peoples first thought of DCEU Superman is Brooding? The Guy is reacting to some really horrible stuff. If he was smiling through it all he'd look like a freaking Sociopath. Are people really that out of touch with Superman showing genuine emotion?
    People were just taken away from their comfortable zones by not meeting their expectations that were strictly based on nostalgia and Superman 1978. They think Superman can't and shouldn't be done the way Snyder did. They think there has to be rules of making Superman movie with a list of things that must be there.