Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Joss Whedon on Henry's Supes:

"Cavill is a GREAT Superman - definitely the best since Reeves, and could take the top spot with the right material/barber"

https://twitter.com/joss/status/1107897593256964096
    I know it's a small thing....but it's a pet peeve of mine....

JOSS... IT'S CHRISTOPHER REEVE NOT "REEVES"!!

Rant over.

Otherwise I actually agree with Joss.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

THE AUDACITY OF THIS SOB.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

NOBODY can be better than Reeve. That having been said, Cavill is the one thing about the DCEU Superman that doesn't need fixing. Which is why I'm kinda worried about them replacing him.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    NOBODY can be better than Reeve. That having been said, Cavill is the one thing about the DCEU Superman that doesn't need fixing. Which is why I'm kinda worried about them replacing him.
    George Reeves was great too. Especially in the earlier season before Kellogg's dictated the tone. I liked the bold, confident Clark Kent he played also. His Clark was as heroic as his Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I know it's a small thing....but it's a pet peeve of mine....

JOSS... IT'S CHRISTOPHER REEVE NOT "REEVES"!!

Rant over.

Otherwise I actually agree with Joss.
    I think Henry can be just as good as Chris Reeve at least. Or better with the right story and direction. Who knows?

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Joss Whedon is a low key savage. He just come at Cavill's hairline an no one noticed? I been sayin BVS had my man out here lookin like Vegeta lol

"I am Prince of all Saiyans" headass lol
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I’ve been a Superman fan for years, and I still find myself double checking on google which one is Reeve and which was Reeves.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Joss Whedon is a low key savage. He just come at Cavill's hairline an no one noticed? I been sayin BVS had my man out here lookin like Vegeta lol

"I am Prince of all Saiyans" headass lol
    His joke was about the mustache fiasco. Barbers can shave mustaches but can’t do much to fix a receding hairline.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    His joke was about the mustache fiasco. Barbers can shave mustaches but can’t do much to fix a receding hairline.
    Lmao damn, it was? I'm projecting. I stand by it though
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Cavill is already the best Superman to me. The others just felt too corny for me. Very cartoony. Cavill felt real until the JL film. There, he felt like a cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Figure View Post
    Cavill is already the best Superman to me. The others just felt too corny for me. Very cartoony. Cavill felt real until the JL film. There, he felt like a cartoon.
    And one of the guys responsible for turning him into a cartoon has the nerve of talking about "the right material" for the character.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    George Reeves was great too. Especially in the earlier season before Kellogg's dictated the tone. I liked the bold, confident Clark Kent he played also. His Clark was as heroic as his Superman.
    I've always thought that Chris was the best Superman and George was the best Clark.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I've always thought that Chris was the best Superman and George was the best Clark.
    I would tend to agree. George Reeves wasn't a bad Superman. But due to budget limitations they could only use him sparingly, a lot of episodes just arriving in the nick of time to same Lois and Jimmy.
    I noticed it would take him a long time to get somewhere though. I guess that was another money saving measure. Use stock flying footage to pad out the episode. I heard claims they only had
    $5,000 to spend per episode. Which was a ridiculously low amount even by 1950s standards.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Zack Snyder's Man of Steel/Scott Snyder's Justice League parallels by MovieTitan:

^ @ Last Son of Krypton:

Wow, those parallels are impressive. Who is the artist and when was the art made? Looks like Jorge Jimenez art. He is a fan of Henry's Superman.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    ^ @ Last Son of Krypton:

Wow, those parallels are impressive. Who is the artist and when was the art made? Looks like Jorge Jimenez art. He is a fan of Henry's Superman.
    It's from this Wednesday's Justice League #20, written by Scott Snyder and drawn and co-written by Jorge Jimenez.