Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    No to both. WB is simply not mandating that directors adhere to Snyder’s stuff. If they want to contradict what he did they are free to do so. However they’re not making a second universe and they’re not rebooting the DCEU, not with Aquaman and WW being successes. What will happen is that they will simply retcon out stuff from Snyder’s films they don’t like. Assuming they ever do another Superman movie they will probably recast the character and treat the new version similar to how Ruffalo’s Hulk is technically Norton’s Hulk, but pretty much all of the plot lines from Norton’s Hulk were ignored.
    Or even keep Henry Cavill and just ignore some of the events in the Snyder movies. Like the idea that Supergirl came to Earth a thousand years ago.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

"When Warners was courting Gunn, the studio gave him his pick of properties, including Superman. Though Gunn never got far enough along to seriously consider tackling a Superman movie, the filmmaker did take a shine to the Man of Steel's superpowered dog Krypto during his comics research — which makes sense for a man who turned a talking raccoon into one of Marvel's most popular big screen characters"

https://link.hollywoodreporter.com/v...l.1hc/d935ef4e

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    "When Warners was courting Gunn, the studio gave him his pick of properties, including Superman. Though Gunn never got far enough along to seriously consider tackling a Superman movie, the filmmaker did take a shine to the Man of Steel's superpowered dog Krypto during his comics research — which makes sense for a man who turned a talking raccoon into one of Marvel's most popular big screen characters"

https://link.hollywoodreporter.com/v...l.1hc/d935ef4e
    Krypto will get a movie before we see MOS 2!
    Assassinate Putin!

I adore Superman but I would not watch an S movie made by Gunn. Not in theaters. I won't pay good $ for it.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Krypto will get a movie before we see MOS 2!
    DC Super Pets will be hitting screens on May 21, 2021. The lineup of super pets is set to include Batman’s dog, Ace the Bat-Hound; Superman’s dog, Krypto; and Supergirl’s car, Streaky.

https://batman-news.com/2019/01/31/d...-release-date/

I'm genuinely kind of excited about the Super Pets movie. I hope it has heart and it's not as sarcastic as the Teen Titans Go movie. I think the tone of the Toy Story movies would work best. So action-adventure plus heart.

I also like watching Superman and the JL getting some screen time in the trailers for the Lego movie 2. It's good exposure for the characters and that's good.

I thought Superman was shelved? If Gunn had picked Supes would they go with new casting or try to get Cavhill back?

It’s my understanding it would be at the discreation of the creative team, they have someone in mind to pin a script already

When do you think this Superman movie could be released

I still think it’s a couple years from beginning unless some director comes in their and is hot on the property

https://twitter.com/TheComixKid/stat...61474382311425

I thought Superman was shelved? If Gunn had picked Supes would they go with new casting or try to get Cavhill back?

It’s my understanding it would be at the discreation of the creative team, they have someone in mind to pin a script already

When do you think this Superman movie could be released

I still think it’s a couple years from beginning unless some director comes in their and is hot on the property

https://twitter.com/TheComixKid/stat...61474382311425
    Some of the stuff I’m reading conflicts with one another. Some people claim everything is on hold, nothing is happening with Superman right now and that they’re just going to give Cavill the Routh treatment. The guy you quoted says they’re not against making a Superman film and in fact are still asking directors if they’re interested.

Some of the stuff I’m reading conflicts with one another. Some people claim everything is on hold, nothing is happening with Superman right now and that they’re just going to give Cavill the Routh treatment. The guy you quoted says they’re not against making a Superman film and in fact are still asking directors if they’re interested.
    Well, from my understanding Supes isn't a priority for wb right now. There is no script in the works yet, or a director interested in the project. It could take months or more before they start writing a script.

Well, from my understanding Supes isn't a priority for wb right now. There is no script in the works yet, or a director interested in the project. It could take months or more before they start writing a script.
    That I understand but there is a difference between “WB isn’t even bothering to ask people anymore and have no intention of moving forward at all” vs. “WB is asking directors if they’re interested but so far no one has bitten”. How come they haven’t asked JA Bayonra yet? He seems willing, last I checked he was pretty open about wanting to make a Supes movie.

That I understand but there is a difference between “WB isn’t even bothering to ask people anymore and have no intention of moving forward at all” vs. “WB is asking directors if they’re interested but so far no one has bitten”. How come they haven’t asked JA Bayonra yet? He seems willing, last I checked he was pretty open about wanting to make a Supes movie.
    I guess the bold is an exaggeration. In both case there's no real movement on a superman movie.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

I have accepted that Henry Cavill and Amy Adams won't reprise their roles as Clark Kent and Lois Lane. Justice League was the last movie. To hope for anything in the future is futile, because it's Warner Brothers we are talking about.

I'm grateful we at least got MoS and BvS: DoJUE fully realized by one visionary. There was a time we had nothing at all since 2006, so I'm more of "better this, than nothing" kind of person here. I'll take what I can get. It's a real world and *hit happens.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

He will sure be forever my Superman

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtbVIG7l...d=49ai99f33qyr

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

He may never don the cape and shield again, but Henry is still Superman in his heart and ours.

I assume that's his Witcher hair, but I wonder how he'd look as Long Haired 90s Superman. Wouldn't that be a nice trade-off, we finally get another Cavill solo but it's the Super Mullet and a third of the way through he becomes Electric Blue Superman.
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 02-03-2019 at 11:34 AM.

new Henry Cavill post on instagram...

See the yellow in the costume is brighter here and it makes the suit look a lot better than when everything is muted or dark. omg just noticed Jason Momoa liked his post..