Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Someone on twitter made this astute observation:

"Not an unpopular opinion but I've been thinking about how Terrio and Snyder blatantly LIED about how they were always making JL a lighter film. A film where Lois Lane was going to be brutally murdered and Superman would turn evil is darker than BvS."

Remember reading the Terrio comments about his Justice League script and saying how it would be lighter than BvS.. but it doesn't sound like it was at all. Snyder had even more darkness planned for Superman and all the other DC characters. I think Batman was also going to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    'Shazam!' Director Says Surprise Cameo Almost Had Another DCEU Actor: https://www.inverse.com/article/5456...t-henry-cavill
    Interesting. The Black Adam movie is supposedly starting production in a year. Dany Garcia is the manager for both Cavill and The Rock. She is his ex wife.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

The quotes about a "lighter" JL film were after the fall out for BvS being supposedly too dark and grim. Before that movie came out I don't recall either Snyder nor Terrio promising JL would be a lighter film. All that changed of course once WB put pressure on Snyder and Terrio to do an eleventh hour rewrite on JL once the bad press hit for BvS, which we know now happened.

So no, Terrio or Snyder didn't lie. Circumstances changed. Again let's remember and keep in perspective that the version of JL Snyder filmed and basically finished was not the movie where Lois would have died and Superman turned evil. The version he filmed was essentially a less stripped down and simplified version of the movie we got. Just more hyperbole and faux outrage from those looking for more reasons to be angry and conveniently forgetting the facts in order to achieve that. "Look! Snyder lied! Let's all get mad again!". In other words, par for the course with social media.

As for Cavill being involved in Black Adam,it's hard to say. I'd say given the fact that supposedly Superman's role in a Black Adam movie was intended to be more than the brief cameo Shazam! Slatted him for, it's more likely he would agree to appear if only for Cavill to finish out his contract as Superman and for WB to test the waters with audience reaction to Superman and more importantly Cavill in the role. However I still think it's more likely WB will just wait Cavill out and let his contract expires as they did with Brandon Routh. We will see though. I certainly hope Henry gets another shot.

Probably more likely is that they replace Superman with either Aquaman or Wonder Woman being Black Adam's opponent. Or... They could just use Shazam himself.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 04-09-2019 at 01:23 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    In the comics he’s not, but this isn’t the comics. I do think Booster Gold would’ve made more sense of Rip Van Winkle.
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I really don't know. I never read comics of him.
    I only ask because the article linked to says:

Another DC Comics character is Adam Strange (Shaun Sipos). Like his comic book incarnation, Strange travels through time from present day Earth. As everybody knows from Back to the Future and Timecop, once you visit the past, you can change the future.
    I guess it's just one of those things - and, yes, Booster Gold would have made more sense (there was a moment in season one where I thought they were going to reveal that he is Booster and only using the Adam Strange name as a (panicked?) 'cover').

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    The quotes about a "lighter" JL film were after the fall out for BvS being supposedly too dark and grim. Before that movie came out I don't recall either Snyder nor Terrio promising JL would be a lighter film. All that changed of course once WB put pressure on Snyder and Terrio to do an eleventh hour rewrite on JL once the bad press hit for BvS, which we know now happened.

So no, Terrio or Snyder didn't lie. Circumstances changed. Again let's remember and keep in perspective that the version of JL Snyder filmed and basically finished was not the movie where Lois would have died and Superman turned evil. The version he filmed was essentially a less stripped down and simplified version of the movie we got. Just more hyperbole and faux outrage from those looking for more reasons to be angry and conveniently forgetting the facts in order to achieve that. "Look! Snyder lied! Let's all get mad again!". In other words, par for the course with social media.

As for Cavill being involved in Black Adam,it's hard to say. I'd say given the fact that supposedly Superman's role in a Black Adam movie was intended to be more than the brief cameo Shazam! Slatted him for, it's more likely he would agree to appear if only for Cavill to finish out his contract as Superman and for WB to test the waters with audience reaction to Superman and more importantly Cavill in the role. However I still think it's more likely WB will just wait Cavill out and let his contract expires as they did with Brandon Routh. We will see though. I certainly hope Henry gets another shot.

Probably more likely is that they replace Superman with either Aquaman or Wonder Woman being Black Adam's opponent. Or... They could just use Shazam himself.
    According to the latest rumors, Hawkman is set to be Black Adam's opponent in his solo movie.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    According to the latest rumors, Hawkman is set to be Black Adam's opponent in his solo movie.
    Which makes sense given Black Adam's origin and some incarnations of Hawkman are tied to the same time period/geographical region.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

So no, Terrio or Snyder didn't lie. Circumstances changed.
    In that interview Terrio gave I'm pretty sure he talked about his original JL script (he mentioned details like he had to do lots of research about the underwater world for Aquaman and how to explain the Flash's speed, and more), and he said it was always supposed to be ligher than BvS because the middle chapter is always darker; I think he made comparisons to The Empire Strikes Back. If it was about the new version of JL then he also lied because that wasn't what he wrote originally. The original JL script was rejected by WB. Snyder said it in the new videos. Terrio wrote it even before BvS came out.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 04-09-2019 at 09:42 AM.

BANNED

Does the DCEU still exist.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Does the DCEU still exist.
    According to Shazam movie, yes.

BANNED

According to Shazam movie, yes.
    I’ll going to see it tomorrow

Guess who is Asher Angel's favorite superhero, by far... I love him.

video here: https://twitter.com/babykkoi/status/1116011720466554881

Why go see these movies if their are no stakes. Shazam was kinda forgettable like a Marvel movie.

I really don't know. I never read comics of him.

I loved this scene with Superman laughing and joking with Cyborg. They remembered Superman does have a sense of humor...

Who would he have been joking around with? It takes two to joke plus everyone was in such awe of him in The first two movies to make jokes. The more people he found him self around who were like him like in Justice League the more he could allow himself to be himself. Happens all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Why go see these movies if their are no stakes. Shazam was kinda forgettable like a Marvel movie.
    To be entertained? Kind of like a Marvel movie. Why does a movie have to have stakes?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I would call his family being threatened with murder pretty high stakes.

Its not as if the comics generally have higher stakes, even in the more serious properties.

Who would he have been joking around with? It takes two to joke plus everyone was in such awe of him in The first two movies to make jokes. The more people he found him self around who were like him like in Justice League the more he could allow himself to be himself. Happens all the time.
    Superman had a sense of humor in the original film during his first day as a superhero and also in the interview with Lois Lane. Another example I love is Superman during his fight with Doomsday in the new animated movie; he has time to joke with Lois even when he is getting brutally beaten. "You got me? Whose got you?" The ultimate optimistic.

Maybe that's the problem, when you only focus on the people around him always in awe of him. Need to show Superman interacting with them in light-hearted ways as well so that people begin to know he's also a person like them and to trust him. Snyder didn't do enough of that. I also said that because some Snyder fans think it's out of character for Cavill Superman to be laughing in JL... If anything, he was acting like Superman does, being more optimistic and friendly, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I would call his family being threatened with murder pretty high stakes.

Its not as if the comics generally have higher stakes, even in the more serious properties.
    Exactly, Shazam had stakes, just not end of the world stakes, but could have if Sivana got his way. Sivana was a killer. Batman films only really threaten Gotham.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 04-10-2019 at 01:26 PM.